Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin exchanges that show full, unambiguous coin information  (Read 63 times)
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 06, 2022, 06:04:21 PM

I am on the hunt for new exchanges that service altcoins with a dedicated blockchain and a dedicated client (ie: not ERC20 tokens)

One of the nice things about Novaexchange (now closed) is that for each coin it included such information:

1. The coin name and ticker
2. The coin icon/logo
3. A link to the coin's official website
4. The blockchain height
5. A page with a list of current peers
6. A link to the github source

Many exchanges only show #1 and #2, at most.

With some coins having ambiguous names and/or ticker symbols, you could be confident with this extra information that you and the exchange were both using the exact same coin, and your client was properly synced relative to the exchange's client.

Curious if any currently open altcoin exchanges provide this level of detail?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 06:12:41 AM

Exchange is a place to buy/sell/trade coins. Not a place for reseach. Places where you can find all above informations are:

https://coinmarketcap.com/
https://www.coingecko.com/
https://www.livecoinwatch.com/
https://coinpaprika.com/

And many more. Having this data on exchange is not as important as exchange volume/liquidity/reputation/fees.
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 08:28:10 AM

Binance offers a lot of details for any given coin.

When you are on the trading page of any coin, you will notice a hyperlink right below the trading pair name.

Just click on this link, and it will redirect to a "research" page, which contains ample of information along with coin's meta details(websites,whitepaper,explorer etc).

I checked some shitcoin's research page and it even contains East hemisphere vs West hemisphere trading details. Pretty cool imo

I hope this is what you were looking for.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 09:50:24 AM

I am on the hunt for new exchanges that service altcoins with a dedicated blockchain and a dedicated client (ie: not ERC20 tokens)

One of the nice things about Novaexchange (now closed) is that for each coin it included such information:

1. The coin name and ticker
2. The coin icon/logo
3. A link to the coin's official website
4. The blockchain height
5. A page with a list of current peers
6. A link to the github source

Many exchanges only show #1 and #2, at most.

With some coins having ambiguous names and/or ticker symbols, you could be confident with this extra information that you and the exchange were both using the exact same coin, and your client was properly synced relative to the exchange's client.

Use the coinmarketcap site for such details and use the exchanges for trading purpose, there are exchanges which is giving the details you are looking for but how do you end up getting those altcoin in first before even doing basic information about them?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 10:55:03 AM

Use the coinmarketcap site for such details and use the exchanges for trading purpose, there are exchanges which is giving the details you are looking for but how do you end up getting those altcoin in first before even doing basic information about them?

I'm mining, not investing, thus I want to find some new (preferably obscure) coins to play with. That's why I specified that I didn't want any ERC20 tokens. I currently have 166 coin clients installed, but most of their blockchains are dead, and very few are still listed on an exchange.

I'd prefer to find an exchange I like and work backwards to see what coins they have available, rather than find a coin via a third party then figure out the exchange(s) to use for it.

I know it seems like a weird approach, but remember my perspective is like that of a multipool operator, rather than a retail investor.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 12:40:13 PM

I'm mining, not investing, thus I want to find some new (preferably obscure) coins to play with. That's why I specified that I didn't want any ERC20 tokens. I currently have 166 coin clients installed, but most of their blockchains are dead, and very few are still listed on an exchange.

I'd prefer to find an exchange I like and work backwards to see what coins they have available, rather than find a coin via a third party then figure out the exchange(s) to use for it.

I know it seems like a weird approach, but remember my perspective is like that of a multipool operator, rather than a retail investor.
Okay let's assume the coin you want to mine has been listed on an exchange so you will start to mine those coins more? What if the exchange volume is fake because there are many incidents proved that most exchanges fake the trading volume and also report fake prices just to boost the coin sales for a while.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀