Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What am I missing  (Read 178 times)
Vvang (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 10:23:22 PM

I am seeing people building .name on the blockchain this days like ENS and other is there any benefit of doing this at all or people just want their name or company name in the blockchain?
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 07, 2022, 10:59:44 PM

It all lies down into business and future value.

There's no difference in the typical way of getting good domain names and this trend is likely going to be the next. Just to get the idea, go on look for the past trends like ICO, NFT, P2E, IEO and all of those.

Once the trend for this ENS, there will be another build up but AFAIK, this is related to the web 3.0 and that will be also the trend possible trend so it all goes down in connection.

ANSEL_2.0

Activity: 271
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 10:50:19 AM

As stupid as it looks I will still advice you to create a BC domain name if you can because who knows? A good benefit might pop up tomorrow for all domain name owners and it doesn't cost a lot to create one.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
AbuBhakar

Activity: 1008
Merit: 525

🇵🇭

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 10:57:47 AM

I am seeing people building .name on the blockchain this days like ENS and other is there any benefit of doing this at all or people just want their name or company name in the blockchain?
Simply some people wants to easily remember there address and show off there assets since not all people wants privacy on crypto this days because everyone is still obligated to pay there taxes and track all there transactions for filing tax report unlike before that you can really feel the anonymous vibe without regulators badgering on all of your crypto transactions.

This name service project really kill the purpose of decentralisation but new investors on crypto don't prioritized privacy anymore and just focus on gains.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 11:23:26 AM

My thought on this would be that they could be trying to book a space by doing that registration and expecting someone to take fancy to it and buy it off them. It's a business strategy for them. I've read where companies and business concerns buy existing domain names that rhyme with their business. I think that should be the game plan of those doing .name thing now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1319

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 11:38:17 AM

Benefits are their product got expose and if its useful then people will buy their tokens and used it to their desire. If its profitable or good then it will sell and developers would earn out of it. Sometimes royalty or if they have shares of tokens from creating the projects. Well it depends, case to case basis.

Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 06:43:51 PM

Web 3 is the future internet which has already taken over most businesses and in the near future most ENS will have been bought by individuals who will plan on selling them in the future for more profit. the best is creating as many ENS as possible with the plan to sell off in the future, in the blockchain industry every thing is a potential asset even the most craziest technology
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2022, 11:59:19 PM

Have not heard of '.name' but here are few reasons domains get purchased
: In hope for airdrops, some for domain squatting, some just like to get on wheel also it looks much better than addresses.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1867

View Profile
August 10, 2022, 02:50:30 AM

There can be both practical and speculative purposes for this. One, that would indeed be a lot more convenient to have Darker.eth than 0x23GH68ADEK34LEO98AD38QH93LND935LQND193. Second, your domain does not just represent a single address; it represents your website, your addresses, and others. Third, you can also put your brand or company in your domain. That would be a kind of promotion. Finally, of course, you can sell your domain with a profit.
Laurendaldin

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 10:18:36 PM

There is such a thing called the unity of the name in branding. The Internet is a platform for business promotion. I would bet that people are just trying to make the most of the available opportunities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: