Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DT system needs to change.  (Read 784 times)
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2172

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2022, 03:35:37 PM

Plus I'm pretty sure nothing works as intended anymore.  Bounty managers don't even care if their participants have red trust, and that ought to tell you something about how the system is viewed by the average user who doesn't give a flying fuck about bitcointalk.  
Bounty managers do not care if a user rehashes jargons on their fake social media accounts, with dozens of fake followers and then spam the project to death without even knowing what its utility is; it's no surprise they do not care much about the trust system.

Imo, the trust system has for a long time not been used at it was intended, and many joined in (giving feedbacks and flags) to attain a status symbol, rather than to keep the forum clean, leading to what we have today.

Can it be fixed?
I do not think a perfect system exists, and any which is created would be subject to how it is used, but some changes can be made to improve it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3158

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2022, 10:00:04 PM

First of all, what exactly is the advantage of DT power? why so much drama about it?
As a DT, I didn't recognize any special benefits, except that I get more PMs from newbies and spammers to help them solve the red tag mostly.
I would say that DT status is overrated, most often because of the created conspiracy theory and accusing DT members of joining clans. mostly drama started by trolls or spammers, who failed in their original intention of spamming the forum.

I'm in favor to change DT1 inclusions to determine DT2 and increase required inclusions.
Only one DT1 inclusion can be easily abused and 2 would be better for sure.
If there's still abuse, present in on Reputation and DT will review it. That's DT's job.

someone proposed to introduce more levels of DT, maybe it could be a solution, where the number of necessary inclusions for each level would be increased.

I'm thinking it can be interesting, maybe LoyceV could use the data he collects to recalculate what the trust system would look like with these changes. I believe that it is feasible if he would include a couple of conditions like a minimum 2 or 3 inclusion for DT1.

I already wrote about it, but I will repeat it again. A couple of users who delete their trust list do not mean much, not even enough to be excluded from the DT1 list.
I believe that only if the top 20-30 members from the list https://loyce.club/trust/ranking/ insisted that they be removed or blacklisted, would cause some change. again, the forum would certainly continue to function, there is even no guarantee that it would be of lower quality with all that changes.

I was thinking of supporting the initiative to yahoo62278 and dkbit98, but I'm really lazy to filter the list because I wouldn't touch my distrust list.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16577

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2022, 07:52:08 AM

First of all, what exactly is the advantage of DT power?
The advantage is obvious: being able to improve the forum by sharing your view on who can or can't be trusted. If you're not on DT, it's often overlooked.

why so much drama about it?
That's obvious too: in any democracy, people disagree, and some abuse their power.

I'm thinking it can be interesting, maybe LoyceV could use the data he collects to recalculate what the trust system would look like with these changes. I believe that it is feasible if he would include a couple of conditions like a minimum 2 or 3 inclusion for DT1.
I did that already Smiley

gumusi

Activity: 980
Merit: 207

View Profile
August 20, 2022, 01:08:41 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2022, 01:31:23 AM by gumusi

Roughly 99% of the people currently on DT have very little or 0 significance to crypto space outside of this forum.

Thus the greater crypto community has started to largely ignore and consider this forum a bygone relic. DT1 is a joke, Trust system is a joke, a joke at the expense of real legends that founded and made this forum famous.

@theymos should know better, perhaps he is the only person left who gives a shit about the DT lists who also has any clout in the real world, so if your entire political system has collapsed into an irrelevant echo chamber, it's high time for a change.

A change that should have happened about 3 years ago when most people had greater hopes left for satoshi's legendary forum and this place hadn't become a ghost town outside of signature cronies and salaried yes men...
Asiska02

Activity: 798
Merit: 669

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2022, 01:26:23 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (4), Agbe (2)

Roughly 99% of the people currently on DT have very little or 0 significance to crypto space outside of this forum.

Thus the greater crypto community has started to largely ignore and consider this forum a bygone relic. DT1 is a joke, Trust system is a joke, a joke at the expense of real legends that founded and made this forum famous.

Do you in anyway think that the management of Trust system has not been managed well and caused great legends who have more influence outside of the forum to see this forum as bygone relic? The trust system was introduced for a purpose and such purpose it’s serving currently. The trust system might be misused or not well handled or abused by some members who have the privilege to be one, maybe through their subordinate they’re able to give a DT2 rank. If at all a change need to be made, facts needs to be there for such members that have abused the system. And also for DT2 to be giving that position, maybe they should pass through two more confirmation by other DT1 member, since some people feel they’re abusing the system. 

A change that should have happened about 3 years ago when most people had greater hopes left for satoshi's legendary forum and this place hadn't become a ghost town outside of signature cronies and salaried yes men...

It is difficult to make a modification as stated. It must pass a number of evaluations made by representatives with voting rights. It will take time to come up with ideas to amend the rule; it won't be simple right away.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███