Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Wladimir Van der Laan is leaving ?  (Read 146 times)
DigitalMonk (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 06:18:06 PM

The Bitcoin Community want to know why Wladimir Van der Laan is leaving ?  I think he has done a great job over the years. He should tell the reason for his leaving.

I think he deserve some kind of recognition for his work and contribution to Bitcoin. If he write a good essay of his contribution then that could earn him a reward.

It will be good, if I can award him an Honour of Doctorate for his contribution.

There should be grand celebration and there should be a Bitcoin Torch bearer after him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 06:24:11 PM

he has been thinking about leaving for a year now and explained his reasons

https://laanwj.github.io/2021/01/21/decentralize.html
moving on

I realize I am myself somewhat of a centralized bottleneck. And although I find Bitcoin an extremely interesting project and believe it’s one of the most important things happening at the moment, I also have many other interests. It’s also particularly stressful and I don’t want it, nor the bizarre spats in the social media around it, to start defining me as a person.

being a guy that(under the maintainer job description) just merges a certain brands codebase into a compiled EXE release candidate is not "honorary doctorate" worthy.
many devs wrote more lines of code and done many more things. and some other coders found lots of bugs and errors and reported, offered fixes and debugged the bugs.

trying to put certain devs into a hierarchy and then reward them for the privilege of such a central model is not something that should be rewarded

even wlad himself admits that he does not like what became of the group he was maintainer of

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 06:25:37 PM
Merited by m2017 (1)

The Bitcoin Community want to know why Wladimir Van der Laan is leaving ?

I don't want to know it.

I think he has done a great job over the years. He should tell the reason for his leaving.

He doesn't owe us anything.

I think he deserve some kind of recognition for his work and contribution to Bitcoin. If he write a good essay of his contribution then that could earn him a reward.

He doesn't need any rewards for "writing essays", he would tell people if this was the case.

It will be good, if I can award him an Honour of Doctorate for his contribution.

Feel free to contact him directly and offer his your "Honour of Doctorate".

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 06:58:44 PM

Are you sure he's expecting a reward?

You want to give the award? If he's as important as you claim, an equally important person should do it.
How are you make it worth his time to come and claim your reward?

DigitalMonk (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 07:22:22 PM

Well, any body does a good work in a great project are eligible to get a recognition. Therefore someone has to initiate it for awarding it to the candidate. This is why I am proposing it. If I can get a chance then I will award him. I am not his friend or cousin. I have learn that he is the lead maintainer after Gavin Andresen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: