Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20k+ stolen BTC bounty (30% as of post)  (Read 326 times)
hypersonic1 (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 03:34:29 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2022, 03:46:04 AM by hypersonic1

I am the victim of a catfish attempt into boiler room fraud. I made terrible choices that go against some of the main tenants of a long time BTC holder and in my heart and mind I count my Bitcoin as gone for ever as I rebuild. That said I am sending information into the ether to help people learn from my story as well as offer incentive for anyone who may have the skills or connections to help.

(understand that hindsight is 20/20 and I saw many red flags right after I made bad decisions)
The story:
I was on tinder when I had a match. we talked over the course of a month. the conversations did not immediately lead to bitcoin and I never told the person how much I had etc. we talked about travel jobs and occasionally investing. previously all catfish attempts were crazy pretty models that have no business being on Tinder so it was easy to spot. This fake was average so I started talking to them. Eventually they invited me to whatsapp chat with 14 or so people. (could be fake copies I have no idea). They mentioned contract trading and led me to an exchange.

(Caution fraudulent exchange)
isgrape(.)com

After being reassured for over two or so weeks I sent some bitcoin in and traded with them. Initially I didn't send most of my stash but after the trade I was convinced to put more on the sidelines. I couldn't withdraw my funds. the site says frozen. To be clear I thought the scam was the trade and not the website. That was my mistake and there are tons of red flags I missed. Now most of my bitcoin is with them.

Facts:
actual photo of website wallet:
https://puu.sh/JfnT4/8d91046029.png

The website and wallet activity do not match confirming this is an actual fraud and not just them freezing funds.

Most of my Bitcoin is around the world somewhere. I can only hope it isn't going to fund Russia or something.

fraud wallets:
(initial fraudulent wallet) https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1QDQZTcKmY8H6snkvLtxizB18w2d9zF5mN
(current funds location) https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3NWGK7FB5m7nYxRhu5rzge98656ZU49Uf9

my wallet:
1DKEam8egLGTre32tiW8bGUDzuDLmvhDey

Boiler room Whattsapp numbers:
https://puu.sh/JfnWk/471897a597.png
https://puu.sh/JfnWz/4a80577df6.png
https://puu.sh/JfnXd/05af17add7.png
https://puu.sh/Ji5yJ/aa29728b3d.png

The site is hosted at a company called majestic hosting. And the client used alipay to pay for the site. This would infer china, but without an ID or a location I can't contact a lawyer or anything.

The bounty is 20K or 30% of the lost funds. Which ever is higher at the time.

The bounty is fulfilled if I get the coins back to my wallet
at that time, the party that either retrieved the coins or parties that together completed the deed will get a split of the award. you will still be rewarded if someone else say arrests the person but I cant reward someone without the BTC in wallet.

My painful lesson has been learned.

Please only post if you can help I will not answer any inquiries that require me to pay up front.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
G3twone

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2022, 05:59:46 AM

I might be able to help you get back the money in a legal manner. PM message me for more information.
steve5946
Copper Member

Activity: 139
Merit: 4

Professional virtual assistant and writer

View Profile
October 24, 2022, 06:17:15 AM

As the domain is registered on NameSilo, why not reach out to them with your case? Maybe they might help you with the information you need to get the site owner.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3174

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2022, 08:41:07 AM

As the domain is registered on NameSilo, why not reach out to them with your case? Maybe they might help you with the information you need to get the site owner.

I don't think that means much. You can use Namesilo to be anonymous, they do not require mandatory KYC. Also, they accept bitcoin payments, so it is possible to be anonymous from that side as well.

unfortunately, I think that there are very few or no elements here on the basis of which something can be done. maybe only through that person through Tinder, but I believe that all information about him is fake.
OP, you acted very naively and trusted a person you have never met in person. Otherwise, this is a very common scam method, and very famous, even though there are always new victims.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alterra57

Activity: 515
Merit: 72

Crypto - Fiat Exchange

View Profile
October 24, 2022, 09:53:50 AM

Most definitely Chinese, what you can do is find where they deposit your Bitcoin (which exchange) and then contact them and let them know what's going on.

hypersonic1 (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
March 09, 2023, 09:14:59 PM

Thank you for the replies everyone, some progress has been made but it's super slow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: