Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:21:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2022-08-26] 72% of Russians say they have never bought Bitcoin: Survey  (Read 325 times)
Kakmakr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 06:39:52 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/72-of-russians-say-they-have-never-bought-bitcoin-survey

"A new survey hints at a lack of crypto awareness in Russia as only 6% of respondents were found to have a good knowledge of crypto."

According to estimations by InDeFi CEO Sergey Mendeleev, the number of active and passive crypto users in Russia currently amounts to less than 1% of the total 144.4 million population.

I was amazed that the figures were so low, with all the sanctions and currency restrictions being placed on Russia. We know Bitcoin and Crypto currency adoption increase, when restrictions are placed on centralized Fiat systems.

So why is this so low?

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2022, 09:18:30 AM

First of all, the source of the news is something I don't want to click on at all, and secondly, who is the person you are indirectly promoting here? The fact that someone is the CEO of a company does not mean that he can estimate how many Russians know or do not know what Bitcoin is, and even less whether they own it or not. In a country where for disagreeing with the policies of a great leader you go to prison for a few years or they convince you that you are going to free Europe from Nazism in the 21st century, should we be surprised that the average resident of that country is not honest when asked about Bitcoin?

I think that the average Russian knows that it is much smarter to keep his mouth shut and pretend that he has never heard of or invested in Bitcoin, and that is not something that is smart to do only in Russia, but also anywhere in the world.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
August 26, 2022, 05:21:40 PM
Merited by DaveF (2)

So why is this so low?

Because it's only half inflated unlike other numbers.

I don't understand how people keep believing stories in some countries you have one in 3 or 4 people owning and what's even more hilarious labeling them as "users". By the numbers in the last topic you have 8% of Indians owning and using crypto, that would make at least 1.5 million crypto users in the metro area of New Delhi yet you have 3 businesses accepting crypto there. Yeah, it makes total sense, isn't it?
Move out of the capital cities of most countries and do mention Bitcoin and let's see how many will look at you as if something is wrong with you as you speak gibberish.

Do you think with 700 million people owning Bitcoin we would still be at 20k a piece?
We're nowhere near that level of adoption and look at the really bright side, if already 1/3 of the world would be owning crypto, what would be left for growth?

First of all, the source of the news is something I don't want to click on at all, and secondly, who is the person you are indirectly promoting here? The fact that someone is the CEO of a company does not mean that he can estimate how many Russians know or do not know what Bitcoin is, and even less whether they own it or not.

I actually think he is far closer o the actual numbers than sot of those, I sometimes have a feeling that anything over 5% for an entire country is an over exaggeration right now, I know personal experiences are not relevant at this level but I highly doubt that there is somebody here who can claim that in each family he knows there is at least one crypto owner.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1428

View Profile
August 28, 2022, 04:17:18 AM

Someone should create a survey for those 28% of Russians who bought bitcoin and ask them what they used bitcoin for, I reckon. Would it be for speculation, gambling, buying something in the darknet, moneylaundering, day trading altcoins or buying regular items. I am quite certain much of them would answer that they have used bitcoin for speculation and day trading altcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6129

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2022, 12:03:06 AM

So 1 in 4 Russians have bought BTC. Seems about right, with the sanctions going on for the last 6 months I can see more and more people needing to move funds in and out of the country. Surprised it is not more. At a *guess* if you had asked that question 7 months ago the number would have been a lot lower.

Makes you wonder how many people are into crypto because they have to be, not because the want to be.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1295

View Profile
September 07, 2022, 12:40:15 AM

So 1 in 4 Russians have bought BTC. Seems about right, with the sanctions going on for the last 6 months I can see more and more people needing to move funds in and out of the country. Surprised it is not more. At a *guess* if you had asked that question 7 months ago the number would have been a lot lower.

Makes you wonder how many people are into crypto because they have to be, not because the want to be.

-Dave

Necessity is the mother of invention and adoption.  The people that need to be in crypto will eventually realize that the want to be for the many of the same reasons they need to be.
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 1960
Merit: 875

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2022, 01:03:44 AM

First of all, the source of the news is something I don't want to click on at all, and secondly, who is the person you are indirectly promoting here? The fact that someone is the CEO of a company does not mean that he can estimate how many Russians know or do not know what Bitcoin is, and even less whether they own it or not. In a country where for disagreeing with the policies of a great leader you go to prison for a few years or they convince you that you are going to free Europe from Nazism in the 21st century, should we be surprised that the average resident of that country is not honest when asked about Bitcoin?

I think that the average Russian knows that it is much smarter to keep his mouth shut and pretend that he has never heard of or invested in Bitcoin, and that is not something that is smart to do only in Russia, but also anywhere in the world.

Well, I do agree with you I mean we don't really know from where the source of it is.

but in my opinion, I see a lot of Russian in telegram groups in a couple of coins/tokens even China and India. china says it would ban bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrency but I see dozen people from there that still all over the place in some projects.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bittraffic

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 07, 2022, 01:22:20 AM

They are not telling the truth.
The Russians were the first to establish a few crypto exchanges and damn sure they have heard of Vitalik, the most famous crypto developer because of ETH which if they have ETH they gonna have BTC as well. You got to know that Yobit still exists and is being used widely and has not experienced sanctions nor sued as well.  Why is that? You have got to really surmise that they knew something else is going on.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 29, 2022, 04:06:27 PM

28% has ever bought Bitcoin? That would be a lot, not a little. Crypto's are only 12 years old and it is very technical.
Many people can not even use the internet properly.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2022, 07:33:53 PM

Apart from all what was said above about the study itself and the limitations but Russians represent a good part of the community here, in exchanges and in the other sites.
It is hard to estimate the number of people using Bitcoin even in an open market and studies will vary largely depending on age, profession, fortune, localisation and many other things.
I don't consider this as a press news.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Kakmakr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
October 14, 2022, 05:51:57 AM

I know there are a lot of hostility against Russia at the moment (@Lusius) ...but let's look at news like this from Russia ..as something positive for everyone in the Bitcoin community. The fact that Russia is at war.... does not mean that all Russian support this action.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin adoption might increase, because people in Russia might need Bitcoin to store their wealth and to protect it from possible hyper inflation in the future. We also know sanctions are in place to restrict their economic growth and that is hurting everyone... not just the people who wanted this war.  Sad

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
Argoo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 27, 2022, 06:06:23 AM

I know there are a lot of hostility against Russia at the moment (@Lusius) ...but let's look at news like this from Russia ..as something positive for everyone in the Bitcoin community. The fact that Russia is at war.... does not mean that all Russian support this action.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin adoption might increase, because people in Russia might need Bitcoin to store their wealth and to protect it from possible hyper inflation in the future. We also know sanctions are in place to restrict their economic growth and that is hurting everyone... not just the people who wanted this war.  Sad
In Russia, almost stably, about 70 percent of the population support military aggression against Ukraine and call for stronger bombing of peaceful Ukrainian cities and other settlements. The fact that some small percentage there do not support their country’s attack on Ukraine and they can talk about it quietly except in their kitchen does not please Ukrainians at all, who have been under Russian bombing for ten months now. Russia in the 21st century is openly committing genocide of an entire nation in the center of Europe, and therefore it would be just abnormal to expect a normal, non-hostile attitude towards Russia.
But the Russians still face a retribution. Due to the difficult economic situation, the government will get to their cryptocurrency. Therefore, I do not see a good prospect for crypto enthusiasts there.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2022, 11:09:36 AM

Since the topic is bumped, I noticed that you even spelled my name wrong, and it's not really that complicated. I'm not saying that there aren't good people in that country, but most of them are for war and I honestly don't care if Bitcoin is banned in that country or not. This is not any positive news for the Bitcoin community, until people decide to change the government, neither Bitcoin will help them.

Hundreds of thousands of Russians who have already left the country are no longer under sanctions, right? There are certainly those who cannot leave for various reasons, but we cannot live in the illusion that the majority is against the war when we know that this is a simple lie. The price for what they did and what they are still doing should be the highest possible.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████