Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A rooted phone for a crypto user safe ?  (Read 412 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 03:13:55 PM

~
Those are quite rare instances if I can recall correctly from my "long-time ago" researches. This would potentially happen if you were using software that are not reliably verified by the Android community.  Usually I check out XDA Developer forums when it comes to tinkering my old Android phone back then, since sometimes there are suspicious tutorial in Youtube that seems to modify these tools needed and also putting into consideration that they can moderate comment section in case someone flags the video that it contains malicious content.

Just by rooting itself would not yield malware, so I think we're good at that part.
Issa56

Activity: 1428
Merit: 916

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 08:35:31 PM

You using rooted phone is not really advisable, when a mobile phone have been rooted the security of the phone is no more strong, your phone is at risk of any attack, you have to be very careful with whatever you are doing with the phone because it can easily be hacked, all your funds can be accessed, whenever it comes to wallet security, always make sure you use a new device to avoid unnecessary story, the rooted phone you bought is not safe when it comes to security, so to be at a safer side is better you don't import you wallet address on the phone, or just look for money and get a new phone which I believe is the best and your mind will be at rest that your phone is safe from hack.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nakamura12

Activity: 2324
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 08:59:24 PM

You using rooted phone is not really advisable, when a mobile phone have been rooted the security of the phone is no more strong, your phone is at risk of any attack, you have to be very careful with whatever you are doing with the phone because it can easily be hacked, all your funds can be accessed, whenever it comes to wallet security, always make sure you use a new device to avoid unnecessary story, the rooted phone you bought is not safe when it comes to security, so to be at a safer side is better you don't import you wallet address on the phone, or just look for money and get a new phone which I believe is the best and your mind will be at rest that your phone is safe from hack.
It's not just rooted phone that is at risk but also non-rooted phone and that is why it is not recommended or advisable to use your phone as a wallet like installing a crypto wallet that have mobile version of the wallet that can be installed on mobile phones though rooted mobile phone have much higher risk compared to non-rooted in terms of the security your phone have. I don't think newer version of Android can't be rooted since I don't see any sites that share some guide to root the phone. If you have old phone and rooted then better not use the phone like importing wallet for example and for browsing using the rooted phone won't be a problem.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
Bhig Daddy

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 21, 2022, 06:01:56 PM

As far as I'm aware, security professionals have strongly advised against using root. In addition to making it impossible for you to receive OTA updates from the manufacturer and security fixes, rooting puts the device exposed to spyware that masquerades as apps and makes your phone dangerous. If you don't have experience in this, you should take the device to the closest phone store for technical support. We can unroot the device by reinstalling the original ROM for them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: