Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Cooled Mining - Has anyone build a simple system with one or two cards ?  (Read 127 times)
BBitcoin92 (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 10:21:11 AM

Hi All

I have a few spare cards/control boards that are not used and was thinking of making a simple oil cooled system that has no circulation or a simple cooling system.

It would be just to keep noise down basically, could i not just drop/suspend mining boards in a solution along t=with the PSU (fan removed( plus the control board with 'fan jumpers/simulators)? Or is there now software to do this?

RUB (Really Useful Box's) seem sturdy enough.

Anyone done this?

Cheers.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 06:03:35 PM

Take note if you talking about ASIC units like s9 you can only submerge the unit but not the PSU because there is a big chance that it won't work or end up with power failure.

Cooling tanks without circulation are not good for the long term unless you know how to monitor the temp and set your miner to auto idle or restart when the target temp is reached.

About the simulator and other control, you don't need any fan simulator or any device to bypass the fan check. You can disable them by going to switch to Braiins Os and then enabling the immersion cooling.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BBitcoin92 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 08:15:33 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

Thanks for reply.

I have been looking for simple liquid cooled setups.

I thought you could only disable monitoring off one fan with BrainsOS and both would need disabling.

Also where is the ‘auto restart’ function?

I set up a miner to run at a remote location today and it stopped after 10 mins and i was miles away.

It was only on 2 cards and set to 800w so I presumed it would run easily but it’s failed ??

I thought brainsOS was capable of keeping the miner running somehow with its auto tuning function but apparently not. …..

I think I need to look into how to access them remotely somehow but I suppose that’s another post.

Thanks for replying.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 11:12:59 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Also where is the ‘auto restart’ function?

Why do you want to use the auto restart function I think you can do that by using BOSminer API or try to look for Dynamic Power Scaling if your using BraiinsOS+
Check this https://braiins.com/blog/development-update-braiins-os-20-09

I set up a miner to run at a remote location today and it stopped after 10 mins and i was miles away.

It was only on 2 cards and set to 800w so I presumed it would run easily but it’s failed ??

I thought brainsOS was capable of keeping the miner running somehow with its auto tuning function but apparently not. …..

Have you tried to reduce the power since you only have 2 Hashboards(I don't know if we talk about GPU or ASIC?) the miner might be already reached the temp limit you need to check carefully and auto-tuning is normally stopped/restart automatically because it's calibrating based on Braiins documentation it takes 2 to 6 hours before it stabilize and also check your PSU if it can provide enough power.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BBitcoin92 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2022, 08:36:12 PM

What a great feature!

So BraiinsOS+ now runs BOSminer not CGminer like older FW.

I was running an S9 on 2 cards with a APW3++ 1600w psu set at 800w, it must of been auto tuning, i am new to this FW....

It is now running and showing 7.66TH on Slushpool, i bet it is running at a very low temp and could be raised but i have no way of altering it or adjusting it unless i physically go to the location.

I did try leaving an old laptop at the location with teamviewer installed but that kept timing out so did not work.

I have 4 other miners there and i'm always losing out on Th as i cant adjust/restart the miner, although as you stated the newer FW will help matters to some degree.

One thing i find odd about the feature is the option to shutdown miner when minimal miner power is reached, in the link its st to 600w, why shut it down for an hour when it reaches that level? What's the purpose, why not just continually reduce wattage/chip temps and keep on mining?
Why the 1 hour, a resart at a lower pwer level would suffice?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: