Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am glad I have clowned around on this forum...  (Read 4999 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 02:35:44 AM

It looks like the clowns at SA have finally thrown in the towel on their very unfunny "comedy" troll thread.

Lets make a pact everyone? If BTC's ever go to 1000K, lets pull a few coins together, buy out their shitty forum, and ban everyone in it.

Now that would be some comedy fucking gold.

"I'm gonna get rich, then you're so going to regret picking on me."

Really? That's what it's come down to?

I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but this entire thread wreaks of immaturity and butthurtness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:43:16 AM

It looks like the clowns at SA have finally thrown in the towel on their very unfunny "comedy" troll thread.

Lets make a pact everyone? If BTC's ever go to 1000K, lets pull a few coins together, buy out their shitty forum, and ban everyone in it.

I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but this entire thread wreaks of immaturity and butthurtness.
It's full of lulz unlike the SA troll thread.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:46:17 AM

Don't get your panty's all up in a bunch LOL. Why the fuck are yall so worried for anyways? Based on SA's calculations BTC should be worth about $.0010 right now, and def not a threat of ever reaching 100USD by any standards. WHY YOU SCARED BRAH? LOL Cheesy

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:57:13 AM

Don't get your panty's all up in a bunch LOL. Why the fuck are yall so worried for anyways? Based on SA's calculations BTC should be worth about $.0010 right now, and def not a threat of ever reaching 100USD by any standards. WHY YOU SCARED BRAH? LOL Cheesy

I could be way off base here, but something tells me that the entirety of all somethingawful forum users is not inherently against bitcoin, but moreso against idiots claiming bitcoin is the savior of humanity-- and that they can start a movie theater on will power alone. Some goons use bitcoin.

Some goons (at least 6) were trying to convince everyone that I was some kind of a lying scammer. I learned that it was by my horrid presentation that made them think this way, accepted it as constructive criticism and moved on. Anyone doing anything other than that is obviously butthurt and don't know how to argue their points and/or walk away.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:01:53 AM

I could be way off base here, but something tells me that the entirety of all somethingawful forum users is not inherently against bitcoin, but moreso against idiots claiming bitcoin is the savior of humanity-- and that they can start a movie theater on will power alone. Some goons use bitcoin.

Some goons (at least 6) were trying to convince everyone that I was some kind of a lying scammer. I learned that it was by my horrid presentation that made them think this way, accepted it as constructive criticism and moved on. Anyone doing anything other than that is obviously butthurt and don't know how to argue their points and/or walk away.

I was definitely one of your major detractors in the beginning...now you are one of my favorite posters on this forum. Wanna run away to pattaya together?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:06:14 AM

I was definitely one of your major detractors in the beginning...now you are one of my favorite posters on this forum. Wanna run away to pattaya together?

It's only about 3,500km South West from here. You?

P.S. Turns out there are quite a fuckload of goons in South Korea (see North Korean thread).

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:20:25 AM

No,

After seeing them beat on Atlas for weeks with absolutely no moral reasoning, I realized that forum is compromised primarily by Internet scumm. Don't give them more credit than they deserve, because they try to bring out your own "flaws" while at the same time hypocritically fueling their own. It's truly disgusting...

P.S I don't agree with the kid on just about anything, but I am vehemently oppose to cyber bullying. It's usually a bunch of kids who would get knocked out IRL anyways...
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:36:08 AM

No,

After seeing them beat on Atlas for weeks with absolutely no moral reasoning, I realized that forum is compromised primarily by Internet scumm. Don't give them more credit than they deserve, because they try to bring out your own "flaws" while at the same time hypocritically fueling their own. It's truly disgusting...

P.S I don't agree with the kid on just about anything, but I am vehemently oppose to cyber bullying. It's usually a bunch of kids who would get knocked out IRL anyways...

Cyberbullying?

Wouldn't cyberbullying require them to actually talk to Atlas? Isn't he the one paying money to go there and tell them that they are wrong? Interesting...

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 07:42:35 AM

No,

Cyberbullying?

Wouldn't cyberbullying require them to actually talk to Atlas? Isn't he the one paying money to go there go tell them that they are wrong? Interesting...
Yeah show any psychologist what SA was doing, and they would categorize it as pure cyber bullying. Whether he made an account there or not is irrelevant... They know he reads their pathetic postings, and unfortunately young Atlas reacts to their bullshit. It's just like when someone talks about you on Facebook, except they are posting this stuff on someone else's wall. Does it make any less of a cyber bully, all because it's not "directed" towards you? Lets get real...
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 07:51:02 AM

If this is long distance, do everything in your power to make it not be, or prepare for extreme heartache. You have a year, maybe two at most.

+1 Bitches can do some stupid shit when they don't have to look you in the eye.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 09:28:17 AM

Yeah show any psychologist what SA was doing, and they would categorize it as pure cyber bullying. Whether he made an account there or not is irrelevant... They know he reads their pathetic postings, and unfortunately young Atlas reacts to their bullshit. It's just like when someone talks about you on Facebook, except they are posting this stuff on someone else's wall. Does it make any less of a cyber bully, all because it's not "directed" towards you? Lets get real...

Show a psychologist what Atlas was doing and they would categorize it as narcissism, ADHD and a detachment disorder coupled with aspergers. Anyone who calls making fun of big mouthed idiots who post their personal information online and go out of their way to dare others to call their house, prove them wrong on every issue, claim that law and order is a sham, lie about themselves, their achievements, their identity, constantly change their online identities whenever they are proven wrong on some issue or reminded of their past mistakes, and a slew of other ridiculous taunts and ambiguous egoism "cyberbullying" might in fact benefit from a visit to a psychologist themselves.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 09:32:39 AM

Show a psychologist what Atlas was doing and they would categorize it as narcissism, ADHD and a detachment disorder coupled with aspergers. Anyone who calls making fun of big mouthed idiots who post their personal information online and go out of their way to dare others to call their house, prove them wrong on every issue, claim that law and order is a sham, lie about themselves, their achievements, their identity, constantly change their online identities whenever they are proven wrong on some issue or reminded of their past mistakes, and a slew of other ridiculous taunts and ambiguous egoism "cyberbullying" might in fact benefit from a visit to a psychologist themselves.

If that's true, he'll never understand his mistakes until he doesn't have to defend them constantly.  Bullying is exactly what I would call that, and it prevents him from growing past it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 09:55:14 AM

If that's true, he'll never understand his mistakes until he doesn't have to defend them constantly.  Bullying is exactly what I would call that, and it prevents him from growing past it.

Can't argue with that. Unfortunately, the internet is a cruel beast and you can't lock up the internet for cyberbullying. What you can do however is make sure that when you comment on someone, your comment holds some logical ground. As far as I can tell, they have given him reason after reason, but he eggs on like a brainless moron, as if when he dies he will be rewarded in heaven for each time he said "so are you" or "am not".

The only people who deserve to be villianized are his bat-shit insane parents for letting someone of his mental condition use an internet connected computer in the first place.

EDIT: For those who care, Atlas is banned right now because he was talking shit about theymos on reddit-- where he was also banned for such-- and then tried to bribe theymos with 50 BTC.

elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Why would I be scared? I'm not a goon and their Bitcoin thread is the first time in about 8 years I've bothered to look at the site. I just thought the "One day, you'll be sorry. You'll all be sorry!" thing was a bit much.

... and if you search my post history here, I'm pretty sure there's a post by my calling them out on the personal attacks. Fact is that the goon community is huge, and with that community there are bound to be some shitheads that the mods can't control.

EDIT: For those who care, Atlas is banned right now because he was talking shit about theymos on reddit-- where he was also banned for such-- and then tried to bribe theymos with 50 BTC.

Link? I spent all my free time on the frontpage lately and somehow missed the drama.

^_^
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:41:56 PM

Why would I be scared? I'm not a goon and their Bitcoin thread is the first time in about 8 years I've bothered to look at the site. I just thought the "One day, you'll be sorry. You'll all be sorry!" thing was a bit much.

... and if you search my post history here, I'm pretty sure there's a post by my calling them out on the personal attacks. Fact is that the goon community is huge, and with that community there are bound to be some shitheads that the mods can't control.

Link? I spent all my free time on the frontpage lately and somehow missed the drama.

I know I'm bound to get a "pics or it didn't happen", so I guess it didn't happen. :/

I guess if you saw like I did, he came here with the username 'A to the Tlas' trying to blame theymos for him not being able to 'grace us' with his presence, but that was deleted as well.

When will that boy get a real hobby?

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 03:30:30 PM

If this is long distance, do everything in your power to make it not be, or prepare for extreme heartache. You have a year, maybe two at most.

+1 Bitches can do some stupid shit when they don't have to look you in the eye.

Not just bitches. Long distance relationships just don't last, no matter who is involved.

Once I had an internet girlfriend, but it all came crashing down when she sent me her pics, which I now use as my avatar here.

I once got an internet girlfriend, and we sort of dated for about two weeks, until I found out it was a guy (my age, kind of cute, apparently very girly with trans tendencies). Thats about when I figured out that I'm not very particular when it comes to my date's sex. Was so in love I just didn't care. It only lasted a bit over two years though. We're still friends, too. So not all "she turned out to be a dude" stories end horribly.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 03:45:25 PM

There is a flaw in your buyout idea. I'm driving home so I'll let you figure it out
LOL THEY DON'T TAKE BITCOIN?  Cheesy

Betcha they will if the price is right Wink.

The problem with getting rich, buying their forum, and banning them is with the buying part. Buying means the other party was willing to sell, and the price was right. If you buy out their forum, it means either their leader, or all the important members got enough money that they themselves are willing to let the forum go. In short, buying them out = making them comfortably wealthy. I won't do that, just as I won't ever buy a membership there, because I don't want to give them even a penny of my money.
If Bitcoin does take off and make you rich, it would be way cheaper and satisfying to hire professionals on the black market to hack and screw with the forum to make it unusable, or trace member's real life ID's and make their real lives horrible. That's what I would do, anyway.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 03:57:42 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2011, 04:14:10 PM by Explodicle

Now I'm really curious about the transcript that lead to Atlas being banned, if anyone has it. Trolls and scams pollute this forum, but insult a mod personally and THAT gets you banned? That would be pretty corrupt if it's true.

EDIT: Here's the best I could find - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/naq79/hopefully_theymos_doesnt_consider_himself_a/

2 day ban for off-topic responses, 7 day ban for ban evasion, permanent ban for continued evasion.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 09:19:33 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/naq79/hopefully_theymos_doesnt_consider_himself_a/

2 day ban for off-topic responses, 7 day ban for ban evasion, permanent ban for continued evasion.

Whoever would have thought that a trickle of comedy could be found on reddit?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

^^^If anyone ever doubted my brash opinion of him, please read his drivel and rethink whether or not he needs medical attention. ^^^

I give it a week before he figures out how to use proxies and tries to post a 5 page thread telling everyone how he is 'fighting the good fight', how he "doesn't need us", and how theymos, an admin, is out of his reach for banning someone when the openly disrupt, slander, bribe and then belittle them.

What a fruitcake. Just in time for Christmas!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: