Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:20:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am glad I have clowned around on this forum...  (Read 5005 times)
Flip Tulipcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:16:59 PM

Funny stuff, full of chuckles and ideas. I found a link for passers by who just want to cut to the source material and use their own judgment.

Bitcoin: Of Freemasons, Free Markets and Bill Cosby Related Investment Schemes
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/attack-of-bitcoins.php

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:23:26 PM

Yeah show any psychologist what SA was doing, and they would categorize it as pure cyber bullying. Whether he made an account there or not is irrelevant... They know he reads their pathetic postings, and unfortunately young Atlas reacts to their bullshit. It's just like when someone talks about you on Facebook, except they are posting this stuff on someone else's wall. Does it make any less of a cyber bully, all because it's not "directed" towards you? Lets get real...

Show a psychologist what Atlas was doing and they would categorize it as narcissism, ADHD and a detachment disorder coupled with aspergers. Anyone who calls making fun of big mouthed idiots who post their personal information online and go out of their way to dare others to call their house, prove them wrong on every issue, claim that law and order is a sham, lie about themselves, their achievements, their identity, constantly change their online identities whenever they are proven wrong on some issue or remindejavascript:void(0);d of their past mistakes, and a slew of other ridiculous taunts and ambiguous egoism "cyberbullying" might in fact benefit from a visit to a psychologist themselves.
LOL you are the last person that should be diagnosing ANYONE with mental illness...

Mental illness is something we all suffer from as human beings. And there is no cure beyond zombie-mind altering drugs, simply because the cure lies within ourselves...

With that being said, all the "diseases" you just mentioned can be applied to 90% of the SA user-base...

Now about Atlas being banned, this is NEWS to me. I need to hear more facts before I make a comment...
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:31:42 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/naq79/hopefully_theymos_doesnt_consider_himself_a/c37p0sk

That thread's awesome. Sad

^_^
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:09:25 PM

Aaaaand he's already back.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 04:07:52 AM

^^^If anyone ever doubted my brash opinion of him, please read his drivel and rethink whether or not he needs medical attention. ^^^

I give it a week before he figures out how to use proxies and tries to post a 5 page thread telling everyone how he is 'fighting the good fight', how he "doesn't need us", and how theymos, an admin, is out of his reach for banning someone when the openly disrupt, slander, bribe and then belittle them.

What a fruitcake. Just in time for Christmas!

Holy shit is that Atlas ranting about being banned from an internet forum?

bahahahahahaha

(BFL)^2 < 0
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 05:06:36 AM

Aaaaand he's already back.

But you don't understand.  Using Tor is such a hardship.

At least he didn't whine like this when he got banned from SA.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 07:45:51 AM

I knew he was banned but didn't see that reddit thread, that's hilarious.  He's such a baby.  He really does like being surrounded by people who despise him. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:02:02 AM

Atlas if you are reading this please message me. Thanks.
repentance

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:04:07 AM

He really does like being surrounded by people who despise him. 

I think it makes him feel superior or something.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:12:29 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2011, 08:28:35 AM by FlipPro

He really does like being surrounded by people who despise him.  

I think it makes him feel superior or something.

No the kid is just trying to fit in. He thinks he has the perfect answers to all of life's problems, yet he doesn't understand that we as adults have already processed most of his flawed (yet hopeful) ideology. Regardless he doesn't deserve to be banned from this forum. He is a contributor, and contributors don't get banned from communities who use them on a daily basis... As far as him having "Asperger Syndrome" I call complete bullshit... Atlas may be off-base but he's definitely not "off topic"... It looks like the SA trolls are trying to hijack this entire situation, and trying to paint Atlas as the villain, when he's clearly not. Theymos may be pushing his power a bit to far in this situation...

repentance

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:45:37 AM

As far as him having "Asperger Syndrome" I call complete bullshit... Atlas may be off-base but he's definitely not "off topic"... It looks like the SA trolls are trying to hijack this entire situation, and trying to paint Atlas as the villain, when he's clearly not. Theymos may be pushing is power a bit to far in this situation...

I'm pretty sure Atlas himself posted that he'd been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome some years back.

Do you seriously believe that Atlas hasn't got a history of derailing threads with his off-topic posts (not to mention starting topics which don't belong in the Discussion forum there so that they'll get more exposure)?  It's one thing to argue that shitting up threads with off-topic posts shouldn't be a ban-able offence, but another entirely to claim that Atlas hasn't repeatedly done it.

Would you be happier if theymos introduced a rule banning alt. accounts so that Atlas was restricted to a single username which people could put on their ignore list?  Is there some reason why Atlas should be exempt from the rules which other posters are expected to follow?  Is your issue with the fact that someone got permabanned for trying to circumvent a temporary ban or is it because it was Atlas in particular who got banned?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 09:19:20 AM

Atlas was banned for two days after I deleted this obviously off-topic chain of insults (cunicula was also banned for a few days):
What is the largest internet company by market cap? Have you heard of it?
They released their own, unbacked internet currency. It became popular and was outlawed.

Ignorant fool. Libertarian asshat. I'm too smart to talk seriously with your ilk.

Here is a link just for you: http://tinyurl.com/8756a
I am liking this guy more and more by the post. Please keep being an ass. I adore it.

Could you swap out 'Egoist' with 'Libertarian Asshat'. I'd think it'd be funny and informative.

"Libertarian" is too collectivist for my tastes.

'Asshat' will do.
I've never been a fan of headwear either. So, what brings you here?

Depression

Then he posted this and I extended the ban to 7 days:
Theymos decided to show his authority and ban me from the forum. How much do I need to pay to get out of jail?

Thanks.

Then he posted this and I made the ban permanent and also banned his alts (all 21 of them):
Let me pay a small fine granting full immunity from your petty rules and we can call it even or we can play this game indefinitely.

The fact is you can't ban me. I am not hurting anyone. You're only sacrificing your energy.

This all seems reasonable and fair to me. It is possible that he will be unbanned in the future (months from now, at least) if he regains his sanity.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 11:14:13 AM

Thanks guys, the Reddit posts were hilarious.

NO GODS. NO MASTERS.

FUCK YOU, GOT MINE! Cheesy

It is possible that he will be unbanned in the future (months from now, at least) if he regains his sanity.
Really, I’m not sure if he has ever had any to begin with.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 12:34:08 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2011, 01:36:27 PM by BadBear

The day he was banned he admitted in a thread that he was off his meds, then proceeded to derail virtually every thread in general discussion (maybe other forums too I wasn't checking them).  The posts have since been deleted and cleaned up so it may seem like it wasn't warranted, but it was.  Luckily he was mostly being ignored, but it only takes one person taking the bait to ruin a thread.  

It looks like the SA trolls are trying to hijack this entire situation, and trying to paint Atlas as the villain, when he's clearly not. Theymos may be pushing his power a bit to far in this situation...

What SA trolls?  They don't care about this place anymore, they even closed their bitcoin thread because they got bored.  It looks like you are trying to spin this situation into something it isn't.  Atlas wasn't banned because of something someone else said or did, he was banned because he spent an entire day posting off topic and irrelevant replies and disrupting real discussion in every thread he showed up in.  Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  In this case it's Atlas being the troll. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
elggawf

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 03:46:27 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2011, 06:06:33 PM by elggawf

I see a lot of myself (when much, much younger) in Atlas in certain ways.

What he needs to understand is that he doesn't know shit. I mean he really needs to understand it, not spew forth a bunch of wannabe-zen bullshit logic like "I unremorsefully admit that I know very little and am learning every day" while continuing to be a pretentious fuckwit everywhere he goes. I mean he really needs to get it.

He needs to quit talking "bootstraps", when you can tell just by his YouTube videos that given his upbringing he has a very skewed definition of what "bootstraps" actually means. He needs to understand that by virtue of his situation, no matter what menial achievement he reaches it will never be a case of "well if I can do it, everyone can."

Atlas, I heartily recommend travel, since your parents seem affluent enough to let you put yourself in a position to make it happen once high school is done. You once mentioned that because of the "free market" you could get a broken leg set and cast in Asia for $200USD. I would definitely insist that you go there, or maybe somewhere like Ukraine, and see how "Doctors" live when they work for those prices, and perhaps check out the quality of the work and the sterile environments too.

But mostly travel because it's fatal to ignorance, which you are absolutely pouring with right now. Going to school in Chicago won't do it, you can likely find a mob of objectivist upper-middle-class douchebags where you can fit right in with, you need to get completely out of your comfort zone and experience some shit.

Finally, and this was the hard-learned lesson for me, you really may consider talking less and listening more. I've found that you occasionally learn (or at least develop a better understanding) by explaining a useful concept to someone who doesn't get it (I had a massive "oh shit" moment regarding pointers in C many many years ago, while trying to articulate my ill-founded understanding to someone who was utterly clueless), but for the most part you don't learn anything by talking.

^_^
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 04:49:45 PM

As a Ukrainian, it's not "the Ukraine" any more than America is "the America"
I don't know why people started calling it that, but people of that nation find it weird and slightly degrading.
Also, totally agree about their comparatively shitty quality of medicine, life, crime, corruption etc.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 05:06:44 PM

I don't know why people started calling it that, but people of that nation find it weird and slightly degrading.
Also, totally agree about their comparatively shitty quality of medicine, life, crime, corruption etc.

I think it's because a lot of us grew up during the cold war when former soviet block borders were about as steady as a five year old's handwriting. They shouldn't take it personally.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 05:30:41 PM

Then he posted this and I made the ban permanent and also banned his alts (all 21 of them):

21 alts?!  I was giving him shit because I thought he had four or five. 

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 06:02:49 PM

21 alts?!  I was giving him shit because I thought he had four or five. 

Seriously...I think the Atlas Identifier only has like, six of them pegged now?
elggawf

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 06:08:00 PM

Sorry about that, my only experience with Ukraine is via the media, and a few Ukrainian-Americans who virtually never mentioned that country outside of "in my old country". Sad

Edited to fix.

^_^
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: