Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:57:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to find some coins from late 2008 or early 2009  (Read 647 times)
LostNfound (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 09:12:30 PM

I was convinced to buy bitcoin while on a game back in late 08 or very early 09 It was a good time. I had no wallet or knowledge at the time of bitcoin. I went to a website to purchase them but do not know the site at the moment. Im not trying to jump any gun here but it was very early and if the people i was talking with are on here id love to talk! If anyone would know a site where a purchase from a person direct from one account to another or website that did at the time please let me know. Thank You
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 09:25:35 PM

BULLSHIT

bitcoin was not even around in 2008
the first person to person trade of bitcoin was in january 2009. and that trade recipient has since died.

the first "exchange site" for bitcoin done its first trade in october 2009

sorry dude. nice try pretending to be an early adopter that lost coin. and your not the first to try..
..and so no, there is no point in playing the violins and sympathy to next post a donation address.. (as have many pretend early adopters have done before)

if you are talking about a game where people traded "a currency" .. that would probably be "second life" using a currency called linden dollars which was traded inside and outside of the game pre bitcoin(and nothing to do with bitcoin)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
LostNfound (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 09:53:37 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2022, 10:06:42 PM by LostNfound

I am 100% not bullshitting anyone and i am not looking for donations. Im leaning on early 2009 but very early! its been a while. Not claiming or stating anything i have not done. If the people i was in game with are here id love to talk with them. Not here for any other nonsense. It was a first person shooter and it was not a in-game currency.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1215

Heisenberg

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 09:57:52 PM

I was convinced to buy bitcoin while on a game back in late 08 or very early 09 It was a good time. I had no wallet or knowledge at the time of bitcoin. I went to a website to purchase them but do not know the site at the moment. Im not trying to jump any gun here but it was very early and if the people i was talking with are on here id love to talk! If anyone would know a site where a purchase from a person direct from one account to another or website that did at the time please let me know. Thank You
Maybe you got your brain a little mangled up, thus the memories don't connect well. I doubt if there was any active exchange in the given time-frame you described, and even it was there, the chances of it being non-existent today are 99%

Move on please.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
LostNfound (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 10:15:23 PM

Will not move on i will continue to search but was hoping for a better response. Hopefully their eyes see this post.
Yogee

Activity: 1554
Merit: 412

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 10:49:19 PM

Will not move on i will continue to search but was hoping for a better response. Hopefully their eyes see this post.
Goodluck. Try looking at the forum's earliest posts or browsing the net. You'll probably see old and defunct exchanges like bitcoinmarket.com come up in your search but they were launched around 2010.
LostNfound (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 11:01:50 PM

Ill give it a shot but the time it occurred was very early 2009.... had a break up and moved at a time i wont forget just didnt have the exact date till i go into records. I was hoping to hear about a known site that you would create a username and password for bitcoin for exchange or a person to person transaction. Thank you for the info though.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 11:22:59 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2022, 11:38:27 PM by franky1

im guessing
your story if believed was more like this:
you talked to people in a shooter game from late 2008
after a few months(early 2009) they mentioned bitcoin.
and then months later then you got into bitcoin in late 2009 once convinced??

where maybe the website you used was not an exchange but a fiat payment site(paypal*) to pay those friends fiat and they send you their coin separately once they seen the fiat arrive in their (paypal or *other fiat payment processor)

because thats the only rational flow of events.

reason we are sceptical is for 2 reasons
1. your initial story did not line up with real events of bitcoin
2. usually someone trying to say they used, had, knew people of bitcoin pre january 2009 are usually trying to start some story of some important thing they were involved in. usually to pretend they knew satoshi
(EG thinking you played a shooter game with him)
and now want to 'out him' for a price..
or
say they lost coins of something they dont know anything about(your lack of real events) to garner donations

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

spinarium.com

View Profile
September 11, 2022, 11:53:57 PM

I was convinced to buy bitcoin while on a game back in late 08 or very early 09 It was a good time. I had no wallet or knowledge at the time of bitcoin. I went to a website to purchase them but do not know the site at the moment.
Dude, you are talking to buy Bitcoin in 08 or 09. Can you tell me what is the reason you buy Bitcoin at that time? I doubt any person has the intention to buy Bitcoin at that time. Don't tell me you buy Bitcoin for investment purposes at that time! Undecided

By the way, you said that you have no knowledge about Bitcoin. So, how can you be brave to purchase Bitcoin?
I think it is nonsense!! It is impossible that someone purchases Bitcoin if he has no knowledge of it.  Roll Eyes

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2022, 12:04:30 AM

The first crypto exchnage that was launched at that time was Mt. Gox exchange in the year 2010 so there was no exchange in 2009.

In that time 2009, the first recognized transaction was made by Satoshi and Hal Finney, so it's impossible that there was an exchange during that time 2009.
Possibly you're miscalculated here, it might be you bought Bitcoin in the year 2011 or 2010.

We can try to figure out what exchange you used before on a correct specific date.
LostNfound (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 12:12:38 AM

Im saying i did not get into anything of a sort. I gamed with these guys for a bit couple hours that day and they kept on asking me to buy bitcoin and i didnt want to eventually i said alright hows this much $$! They got excited and i went forward with it. I dont game with many people and these guys were cool. it was a 100% early 2009. I did not care what so ever at the time! Ill now try getting all the proof needed. my money going from one account to another will be seen!
Bitarock

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 12:22:25 AM

How much did you buy from them? If you still have your password username maybe we can help you get it. Do you still have anything? If not its useless .
LostNfound (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 12:33:50 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2022, 01:06:42 AM by LostNfound

I only did $10 which is nothing but its allot of coins then. I have some but i think i can get more info on everything in a bit. I was hoping the guys i gamed with would of saw this and confirmed it with me. To have them at that time is very early. Ive checked things out and who knows where this can lead to but i have a idea on another thing but im not mentioning it. If it was a person to person transaction where would that have taken place? (site wise) I should have my name n pass.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 01:57:33 AM

I was hoping the guys i gamed with would of saw this and confirmed it with me. To have them at that time is very early. Ive checked things out and who knows where this can lead to but i have a idea on another thing but im not mentioning it.

and there is it.. the typical story.. revealing the scammer after plan

to use some unknown people to vouch that you own alot of coins so you can then set up some idea/plan/agenda you have.. based on this false story narrative of you having done some trade in 2009.. (but cant get to the coin)

YAWN.. we heard these stories all before you are not original..
your game is not even as good as CSW.

sorry but thats not how bitcoin works. you did not even do the most basic of research to set up your story to even sound real or related to actual time line of events

again
YOUR STORY DOES NOT RELATES TO REALITY. no matter how much you say it
there were no bitcoin exchanges in late 2008-early 2009

the very first exchange started trading on 12th october 2009
was using "new liberty reserve"

also the first fiat-btc trade
https://twitter.com/marttimalmi/status/423455561703624704?lang=en
Found the first known bitcoin to USD transaction from my email backups. I sold 5,050 BTC for $5,02 on 2009-10-12. https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/7dff938918f07619abd38e4510890396b1cef4fbeca154fb7aafba8843295ea2
he sold it to "new liberty reserve" the first ever bitcoin accepting exchange service. where Martti received $5.02 via paypal as its first ever customer doing a bitcoin-fiat trade. .. setting a WELL KNOWN milestone for bitcoin

your story does not line up to reality
heck if you bothered to do research and maybe said it was late 2009- early 2010.. we could have beleived the possibility..

but i am going to assume the reason you are deadly set in setting up a false narrative where you are 100% sure of late 2008-early 2009 is because you want to set some fake story that you knew people like satoshi/hal and played games with them (the usual silly narrative)
no amount of "can someone vouch for me" will give you any credibility..

i am guessing you want to try selling your story to the press that you are somewhat important to the history of bitcoin or know something secret about someone that is important.

sorry but your games dont work here, especially when you have not bothered to even try hard to do any research to realise how silly your sorry is

and no dont play any victim card or any violins of sympathy.
realise bitcoin blockchain has hard data. that cannot be edited. and none of it lines up with your story. so obviously its your story thats wrong not bitcoins timeline

do not waste another day repeating your story..
words dont work.
DATA does..

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 02:28:59 AM

I only did $10 which is nothing but its allot of coins then. I have some but i think i can get more info on everything in a bit. I was hoping the guys i gamed with would of saw this and confirmed it with me. To have them at that time is very early. Ive checked things out and who knows where this can lead to but i have a idea on another thing but im not mentioning it. If it was a person to person transaction where would that have taken place? (site wise) I should have my name n pass.

I doubt the people you played with would see this thread here. How could they? Were they users of the forum? If they were, most likely they're already gone. There are no more early forum users who are still active here until now save for theymos and probably one or two more other.

Because you insist that you made the purchase early in 2009, you're losing credibility. It doesn't help that you provide not a single proof or evidence or at least a useful info that would at least make users here give you the benefit of the doubt.
LostNfound (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 03:39:30 AM

Franky you have to be on something. You think im here to scam when i have no need to what so ever. The people would be on this site since this happened in early days of bitcoin which would leave me to believe if they were into it then why not now, im thinking bigtime into it. Ill find out more but franky no scam is going on! I know the time frame this occured i was just out of Law. Many unknows surrounding bitcoin in its early days and here i am trying to recover something I PAID FOR! AND!!!! speak to the guys who asked me to do this! chill out. What i wont mention statement is meaning not to you but the guys i gamed with i will. Its nothing with intent guy. How's the data of mined coins transferred?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 05:11:58 AM

here i am trying to recover something I PAID FOR! AND!!!! speak to the guys who asked me to do this

Sorry, your story doesn't make any sense and doesn't line up with reality.  You're welcome to believe or claim whatever silly story you like, but if you aren't open to accepting that your memory of the event might be a bit inaccurate after over a decade, then you're going to have trouble getting anywhere with your search.

How's the data of mined coins transferred?

It isn't. If you're actually interested in something that happened in early 2009 then there are 2 likely possibillities:

1. You installed Bitcoin-Qt on your computer, copied a bitcoin address from the BitcoinQt software and sent that address to the person you were talking to. They then created a bitcoin transaction, sending some bitcoin to your BitcoinQT wallet (a few tens-of-thousands of bitcoin at that time if you got a fair deal for that $10, which would be more than half a Billion dollars worth today). You would then have seen the balance show up in your BitcoinQT.

2. Some scammers convinced you to send them some money.  They claimed that you now owned some bitcoin, but either you just believed what they said, or they created a website that showed a fake bitcoin balance and tricked you into loading up that web page and believing whatever nonsense they had put on it.

OR

Maybe.  Just maybe. If you're not just completely making up a story.  You're thinking of late 2009, or early 2010, or perhaps even 2011 or 2012.

Perhaps a few more details of what you were aware of about bitcoin at the time would help cement the reality in your mind?  Did those gamers happen to have told you about the Bitcoin Pizza transaction?  Did they tell you about the alpaca socks?  Did they tell you anything about Satoshi?  What did they say to convince you that Bitcoin actually existed, that it was worth what they were asking you to pay for it, and that they weren't just scammers that were going to run off with your money?
Altcoinsintel

Activity: 342
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 06:08:34 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

The first exchange appeared only in late 2009 and you are saying early.
Also, you mentioned 2008, which is not even possible, since the Genesis block was produced on January 3rd, 2009.

Anyway, have a look at New Liberty Standard:(https://web.archive.org/web/20091229132610/https://newlibertystandard.wetpaint.com/page/Exchange+Rate) on the Waybackmachine. Maybe it will remind you of something, and you messed up the dates.

I had no wallet or knowledge at the time of bitcoin. I went to a website to purchase them but do not know the site at the moment.

I'm not sure if wallets other than the Satoshi client existed in late 2009, so you would need to download the software and synch to the network.

That would also include learning how Bitcoin works since you didn't so far.

here i am trying to recover something I PAID FOR!

That was not Bitcoin, though. You would have been here earlier anyway.

See, your story doesn't check out. If we were playing poker, I'd call your bluff with Queen high, as it doesn't make sense.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 08:54:30 AM

Franky you have to be on something. You think im here to scam when i have no need to what so ever. The people would be on this site since this happened in early days of bitcoin which would leave me to believe if they were into it then why not now, im thinking bigtime into it. Ill find out more but franky no scam is going on! I know the time frame this occured i was just out of Law. Many unknows surrounding bitcoin in its early days and here i am trying to recover something I PAID FOR! AND!!!! speak to the guys who asked me to do this! chill out. What i wont mention statement is meaning not to you but the guys i gamed with i will. Its nothing with intent guy. How's the data of mined coins transferred?

you are the one with delusions.
especially now you slipped up about having some "plans" around what to do with your hope to get a "vouched history" using social drama as proof.. of some made up trade you(didnt) do..
(and no dont be the idiot that then makes a secondary account to vouch for yourself to pretend to then make your version of history real.. .. thats not how the real world works either)

while also(in your narrative)not having access to the coins(that were never yours because your just a scammer) where you feel you are "owed" them coins now.. but without paying for them now because you want to pretend you already paid for them.. using your fake vouched history, which is not proof

you are not original.. many have tried that scheme
they got no where because they, like you.. do not understand how bitcoin works or the history of bitcoin.
i am trying to help you by saying do not waste your time

as for your claims..
i now see more of your scheme opening up. you want to claim you bought coin from some of the important early adopters but didnt receive and now you want to sue them to get some coin..
yea your silly "just got out of law"
"trying to recover what i paid for"

we see your silly games

save yourself some time. you wont get anything or get anywhere
and no you wont even get to make some social media hyped up story to then sell about how you lost so much..

so dont try that game either

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 10666

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 09:17:13 AM

Even if you aren't confusing the years or the "bitcoin" you bought (maybe it was in-game currency which had nothing to do with bitcoin!) the best case scenario is that the website is no longer around and any coins you had with them is also lost with them as they took it and went away.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████