Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS 48H ONLY] *UPDATE PK CRACKED* 2016 Lealana Monero 100 XMR Silver Coin #20  (Read 859 times)
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
September 13, 2022, 03:51:59 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2022, 09:00:42 PM by rxalts

Up for sale is my recently purchased 2016 Lealana 100 XMR #20 Silver/Gilt 1oz MS68 PL, as I have had a change in heart of XMR

As I wish to sell this quickly given the minimal premium expected, I will be accepting offers over the next 48 hours. If a deal is not made within 48 hours, I will peel the coin and auction off the peeled coin in a separate thread. Simply want to give any collectors out there a chance at a funded version if desired  Smiley feel free to make offers in thread or via PM

*Digital COAs and paper error sheets for the silvers will be supplied to buyer*

PAYMENT: BTC or XMR.
SHIPPING: Free within USA, at cost for international shipments
Steeley

Activity: 1129
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
September 13, 2022, 04:16:07 AM

Incredible coin. wow.

Steeley

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 12:02:50 AM

Please somebody buy this thing, to peel is to sin!

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 12:10:58 AM

Got antsy and peeled. Unfortunately, the quality of the private key is so bad that multiple letters are faded and I have been unable to unlock the wallet with over 25 potential combinations. Incoming thread/photos if/when I can finally redeem.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2248

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2022, 01:45:37 AM

Got antsy and peeled. Unfortunately, the quality of the private key is so bad that multiple letters are faded and I have been unable to unlock the wallet with over 25 potential combinations. Incoming thread/photos if/when I can finally redeem.

let me know if I can assist - I have had some pretty bad ones too.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 09:33:11 PM

This is horrible news and should be a bigger topic.

Are Lealana coins known for having bad privatekey prints in general or is this a strange oddity?

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 09:36:26 PM
Merited by rxalts (1)

This is horrible news and should be a bigger topic.

Are Lealana coins known for having bad privatekey prints in general or is this a strange oddity?

In my experience, never had one with any issue in the end - usually it's a font thing like 1 vs l , q vs 9... the font is not super easy to read, I've had a few times it took a number of tries to get it correctly.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 10:31:31 PM

I have included the first picture I took of the private key with the most severely blemished sections shown, this picture was taken while the key was still under the foil and attached to coin as I immediately noticed the faded font

Furthermore, there are characters like this which are slightly blemished which appears to be Zk? but if its zk or 2k that's another few hundred guesses added to the possibilities

And as mentioned by owlcatz, there is also the issue of similar appearance of characters irrespective of ink status, such as this part of the PK which is crystal clear but I still have to try 1 vs l or even in the first picture 0 vs O vs o.  I believe there are well over 2000 potential combinations based on character similarities of which I have already tried ~300 of what I felt were the most likely characters  Undecided

The PK paper has remained untouched with the PK facing upwards since removal. However, ink has actually further faded to the point where the last 3 characters in the first image above are no longer distinguishable (I would be entirely screwed had I not taken a picture yesterday). For reference: room temperature 68 degrees with humidity at 35%. The slab was cracked at the top and spliced down the side with no pressure on the coin.

If anybody is able to adequately decipher the above characters/share photos of redeemed XMR private keys which allow me to successfully sweep the wallet without entering thousands of combinations, I am more than glad to offer the peeled XMR coin or 5 XMR as a token of my appreciation  Smiley, just shoot me a DM and I can share what I have already tried and a few other characters in question. Will post a separate summary thread to help future peelers as well
Ballhog69
Copper Member

Activity: 417
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 11:10:31 PM

Wonder if it's possible to figure out the font used, so you could see how the characters are supposed to look to help provide clues. Very sad thread for lealana/all funded coins
krogoth

Activity: 1220
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2022, 11:11:29 PM

Damn that's bad. Check your pm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 984
Merit: 407

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 11:26:09 PM

Since smoothie is around right now. Maybe send him a message and ask if hell read the thread. At the very least he'll know the font i would imagine.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 11:30:53 PM

@rxalts Font used was COURIER NEW on private keys and addresses printed.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 11:34:58 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply, also in your current main sales thread.

Can you answer on the question if the printing technique used for these XMR coins was the same as for your previous releases (incl. BTC funded coins)?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 11:45:35 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply, also in your current main sales thread.

Can you answer on the question if the printing technique used for these XMR coins was the same as for your previous releases (incl. BTC funded coins)?

The printing (laser printer and toner) has been the same through out all coin releases. The latest release has additional copy of private key.

What may be different is the paper type for this specific coin type. I believe I had to use a thicker than normal paper for this series due to the depth at which the private key incused area was sunk into the coin.

What has your experience been when redeeming Lealana coins?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2022, 11:56:26 PM

The printing (laser printer and toner) has been the same through out all coin releases. The latest release has additional copy of private key.

What may be different is the paper type for this specific coin type. I believe I had to use a thicker than normal paper for this series due to the depth at which the private key incused area was sunk into the coin.

What has your experience been when redeeming Lealana coins?

I have never seen anything like this, and over the years helped assist people peel at least 2 x 100 XMR coins, & few 25's and 50's, as well as many 5 XMR brasses ... Only issues I've run into are aforementioned troubles with deciphering / eyeing the lettering / fonts. Keys & Paper have always looked just fine otherwise.

I have to wonder how this one may have been stored prior to grading.... /thinkface...

This looks like something different, as I have to assume that Lealana would QC the privkey sticker/prints to ensure they are readable prior to sticking under holos ofc...  Undecided

I also know that The Canary Thread by TeeGumes has one of these coins as well - I wonder how that project is going? hmmm..

PS - I have confidence you will eventually get it right - it's a pain because the wallet has to sync and you have to jump hoops etc, I get it, too... Sad

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 15, 2022, 12:12:00 AM

Thank you all for responses and to Smoothie for response here and in DM as I had asked this exact question before posting the pictures. I actually used Courier New last night as my comparison text on computer to no avail, however I will now laser print to see if I can match up the text on the physical PK.

@owlcatz: would it be quicker to go base64->hexa->mnemonic and then import to mymonero/cake to see if I get the address printed on digital cert?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2022, 12:14:59 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2022, 01:29:15 AM by smoothie

here is a large version of the Base64 character combinations as well in COURIER NEW font.

Perhaps this might help.

I see a

l70
Swk
awg

or

l70
5wk
awg

or

l70
Swk
swg

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2022, 12:16:57 AM

Thank you all for responses and to Smoothie for response here and in DM as I had asked this exact question before posting the pictures. I actually used Courier New last night as my comparison text on computer to no avail, however I will now laser print to see if I can match up the text on the physical PK.

@owlcatz: would it be quicker to go base64->hexa->mnemonic and then import to mymonero/cake to see if I get the address printed on digital cert?

I think so, as I've never tried it without using this XMR CLI command then puting in the mnemonic myself.. Sorry! Tongue

Code:
c:\XMR\monero-wallet-cli.exe --restore-deterministic-wallet 

.... I just always did it that way and it works, so it seemed easiest at the time... Syncing it is the pita, but I guess there are other wallets out there that may be easier/faster nowadays... Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2248

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2022, 12:49:54 AM

Having tried to help rxalts for a while last night we did find the correct font. But some were so indistinguishable as to make it quite complicated. There were parts even worse than shown above. This is why I would suggest revlar paper or similar. I have had a pk on revlar soaking for over a year and its still perfectly readable.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
krogoth

Activity: 1220
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2022, 01:12:57 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2022, 02:47:14 PM by krogoth

Having tried to help rxalts for a while last night we did find the correct font. But some were so indistinguishable as to make it quite complicated. There were parts even worse than shown above. This is why I would suggest revlar paper or similar. I have had a pk on revlar soaking for over a year and its still perfectly readable.

Two years here under water....

TESTING- Submersing paper wallets printed on water proof papers

Edit:. One thing I do for all my loaded items is use water proof paper and have the private key in qr and alphanumeric format as well. I noticed some coin makers only have a qr code for their private keys IIRC.  What happens to that should it smudge or something like this happens? That's why I do both to make sure that issue never arises

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: