Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:48:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS 48H ONLY] *UPDATE PK CRACKED* 2016 Lealana Monero 100 XMR Silver Coin #20  (Read 859 times)
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 12:27:33 AM

Minor update: thanks everyone for sharing suggestions here and in DMs. I have been tied up with work so haven’t tried to redeem further, however I will give it a go tonight as I have been able to obtain a professional grade magnifying glass and microscope. I would also just like to say Smoothie has been very responsive, helpful, AND beyond committed to making sure I will be able to redeem this coin. Lealana holders are in good hands. Stay tuned for next update.  Smiley
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 12:36:21 AM

Minor update: thanks everyone for sharing suggestions here and in DMs. I have been tied up with work so haven’t tried to redeem further, however I will give it a go tonight as I have been able to obtain a professional grade magnifying glass and microscope. I would also just like to say Smoothie has been very responsive, helpful, AND beyond committed to making sure I will be able to redeem this coin. Lealana holders are in good hands. Stay tuned for next update.  Smiley

Thanks, and best of luck!! Please share the quickest way you have found to check/verify all this as well if you can, I'd like to add it or make a new post on redeeming these babies... Wink

I have a very small shell script on an ubuntu linux machine for converting to base64, as that's not too tough really. Tongue

Glad to hear smoothie is helping out, and I'm sure it will work in the end. We all know it's funded, it's just a matter of getting those 9 chars correct.

FWIW, I physically showed/asked a few people who were here today what they "thought" they saw in the pics and they all surprisingly matched smoothies last suggestions (I had that page hidden so they couldn't see it, but did show it to them afterwards and they thought he was probably right, except for some doubt about that last 3rd char, which I struggle with a bit as well tbh ...  Sad

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
slimzak

Activity: 570
Merit: 82

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 01:18:08 AM

I would add also try checking l70 as in L70 instead of 170 in the top row. Good luck!
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 04:35:58 AM

As an alternative if nothing else works:

l70
Swk
uwg

l70
Swk
uwq
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 08:39:33 AM

No luck still. Going to work on putting a concise review together of where I currently am, surprised I wasn't able to get it as I thought I had narrowed it down with magnification..
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 08:50:17 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2022, 10:37:48 AM by smoothie
Merited by rxalts (2)

font comparisons of what was used in the actual key printing vs your photos side by side to best match enlarged size:

TOP LEFT = more likely LOWER CASE 'L'                      

TOP CENTER = '7'                      

TOP RIGHT = to me looks more like a ZERO '0' than an 'O'

MIDDLE LEFT = S...5...s...Z....z...3?      
(this one ^ is a bit puzzling seems upper case
size though)                      

MIDDLE CENTER = lower case 'w' IMHO            

MIDDLE RIGHT = 'k' to me as opposed to upper case 'K'

BOTTOM LEFT = a...s....z (definitely looks lower case)    

MIDDLE BOTTOM = same as middle center 'w'      

BOTTOM RIGHT = lowercase G(g) as opposed to Q(q)

Given I stare at these characters all day here are my best guesses above.

Hope this helps.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2227

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2022, 01:45:28 PM

it could be some of the other characters - I don't believe he has shared all the letters that were initially an issue from the start.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
rxalts (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 09:02:04 PM
Merited by aoluain (1), Eclipse33 (1)

100XMR CRACKED! Once swept, I will be posting private keys (both in their initial state and existing state) along with the methods used to access wallet. Thank you to everyone and most of all, Smoothie, who spent plenty of time creating analytical comparisons and going back and forth in DMs constructively debating potential solutions and sure enough his Z on the middle row was a letter I had never tried which proved to be the missing piece along with his other spot-on predictions (crazy considering he only had zoomed in photos whereas I had professional equipment and couldn't get the correct results /fail).

I can either start a separate thread on the entire process or continue this thread, any preferences? This was quite the process and I probably learned the hard way by switching up methods throughout but hopefully can add to Owlcatz educational post for any future sweepers.
Ballhog69
Copper Member

Activity: 417
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 09:16:34 PM

Very happy for you!
Steeley

Activity: 1125
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 09:20:56 PM

Good news!

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 09:22:55 PM

100XMR CRACKED! Once swept, I will be posting private keys (both in their initial state and existing state) along with the methods used to access wallet. Thank you to everyone and most of all, Smoothie, who spent plenty of time creating analytical comparisons and going back and forth in DMs constructively debating potential solutions and sure enough his Z on the middle row was a letter I had never tried which proved to be the missing piece along with his other spot-on predictions (crazy considering he only had zoomed in photos whereas I had professional equipment and couldn't get the correct results /fail).

I can either start a separate thread on the entire process or continue this thread, any preferences? This was quite the process and I probably learned the hard way by switching up methods throughout but hopefully can add to Owlcatz educational post for any future sweepers.

Uff, I can imagine these were some rollercoaster days (and nights). Glad it worked out well! It sounds like the digital version of digging up a whole garden to finally find that hidden treasure box that was stored away for a decade.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Hookzup1
Copper Member

Activity: 1222
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 10:32:06 PM

Nice to see xmr is more up in sat value than the past 7 days lol meant to be 😉👍

Bitcoin is a real life cheat code to gain financial freedom 😉 the future is going to be fun
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 12:24:46 AM

Congrats!  Smiley

Perhaps staring at this font type for days/weeks/months/years may have helped to decipher certain character shapes.

Glad it worked out and you are able to access the funds.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 12:49:21 AM

Hey bud, that's great, whew!!

Anyhow, I think it would be cool if you posted here as my post is just piggy-backing at the end of smoothies' original brass 5xmr coin post I believe. I've wanted to make a new thread about it, but haven't had time yet, so can update/include anything (including all these posts and images etc LOL) Tongue

That may/will help reassure people peeling the future "ancients" is safe.

I have to wonder what you both/either think might have occurred here, any ideas, just curious? Thanks a lot for helping out @smoothie , I knew you guys would get it but I worry this may worry other collectors if it has affected other coins (I assume)? So I think it'd be fine to have it out here... Smoothie, do you get issues like this frequently, not often, or just once in agreat while? Excuse my somewhat intrusive questions, but you know i'm a collector and it troubles me too and I'm just very curious what you think happened here, and if it may affect other coins as well. Wink  You are the damn master, ya know!? Cheesy

Thanks all, and happy to have helped  in any way, even with the first post I made years ago! Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 955
Merit: 418

Eclipse© Experimental Cryptographic Technology

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2022, 01:25:58 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2022, 01:38:56 AM by Eclipse33
Merited by owlcatz (1), aoluain (1)

I wonder if someone a few hundred years from now is going to have this same problem. We will all be dead, erased to dust, and unable to help the poor soul.

I figure these pieces will be in a museum at that point a few exhibits to the left of the covid-19 pandemic exhibit & the space x stage one booster exhibit. Maybe down the hall from the vintage iphone section.

If not in a museum, in some Rothschild descendant's personal vault.

Perhaps the search for the lost private key will be the plot of Indiana jones V?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1256

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 02:43:04 AM

I wonder if someone a few hundred years from now is going to have this same problem. We will all be dead, erased to dust, and unable to help the poor soul.

I figure these pieces will be in a museum at that point a few exhibits to the left of the covid-19 pandemic exhibit & the space x stage one booster exhibit. Maybe down the hall from the vintage iphone section.

If not in a museum, in some Rothschild descendant's personal vault.

Perhaps the search for the lost private key will be the plot of Indiana jones V?

Very good!
Maybe possibly one will have made it to a colony on Mars and someone there peels that,
faces the same issue and then has a mammoth task to figure out what paper is even.

We are thinking of the future possibilities and they could be thinking of our "primitive" ways.

Anyway, very interesting read, glad rxalts resolved the issue, key was snapping a quality
image immediately after the peel.

and also the time and effort spent by the some of the legends above to help out. Its
comforting to know there is a great group of collectors and knowledgable people here
on this board.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kryme
Copper Member

Activity: 335
Merit: 35

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 06:42:20 PM

Z? No way bro  Wink Glad you got it finally lol

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2022, 06:14:02 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2022, 07:28:05 AM by smoothie

@Owlcats, this is news to me.

Not 100% sure what could have caused this…

Environmental factors could possibly be the cause as you’ve previously stated. How it was stored in transit to the original customer, same for grading, stored in custody of whom had the coin at any particular time, what type of storage the coin was introduced over time are some things to consider.

When coins are put together on my end I turn the key face upwards to view it myself to inspect its readability before facing it downwards and applying the hologram.

Keys have always been legible during this process. But as a matter of habit I do this for my own piece of mind.

Same goes for generating keys. I’m so paranoid that I turn off and unplug all electronics, unplug all nearby appliances when generating keys to avoid any possible avenues for someone to gain access to the keys I create. A few times I even went to a random remote location with an air-gapped computer that never touches the internet or any network in the wilderness with no other electronics nearby to generate keys.

Deterioration of the key clarity on my end has never been an issue I’ve witnessed first-hand nor heard about until this posting.

In year's past and recently I opened a few sample coins from this series and others and have had the same results I’ve always had (i.e. key in tact and fully readable).

The only common issue I’ve run into is some mistaking a ZERO for an O or a lower case L for a 1 etc.

For future iterations of coins I think it would be reasonable to consider permanently putting a copy of the key on to the coin along with its paper counterpart and marking the hologram (something like “Buyer Funded” marking but perhaps a symbol marking to denote that this coin has an extra copy permanently put on the coin) in some unique fashion. The most recent coin release has a copy of the key on the coin itself, but no indication of a hologram marking as they all had a second permanent copy placed right under the paper/hologram.

Some have voiced the possibility of hacking the coins through other means if the key is permanently put on to the coins. Customers could have a choice in that matter when purchasing and bear the risks of both avenues as putting a secondary key permanently on to the coin could introduce other attack vectors that I am not able to test for currently.

Regarding if this were to be an issue in the future (I'm not expecting it to be), I would be willing to help with the process of redeeming where I can, assuming the appropriate information is given to me. This may be limited given there are times when I'm not on the forum for periods of time.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2022, 03:32:10 PM

Wow, that's great! I'm sure we will all sleep much better... My rule is try and get them graded / slabbed /sealed asap. Smiley

Appreciate everything as always, thanks very much! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
slimzak

Activity: 570
Merit: 82

View Profile
September 19, 2022, 07:53:11 PM

I wonder if the coin was placed in a hot place at some point and the hologram's glue caused for its vapor to be trapped inside the ICG case which ultimately caused for the deterioration of the private key. This is the only thing i can think of.

Congrats on cracking the PK and Kudos to smoothie for focusing all his efforts into assisting in the process.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: