Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:48:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining: Datas sent to wi-fi network ?  (Read 100 times)
ProxiGreenWorld (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 06:43:20 AM

Hello guys, I have a question:

I'm using 10 computers to mine a crypto (CPU mining). These computers are not linked on an internal network (intranet or servers of a company for example), they are "independent".

However, I use the private wi-fi network of a company, same for the 10 devices.

My question is: Could the company see and locate crypto mining devices? And how would they proceed ? I don't know if my question is clear!

Thanks, have a nice day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 10:27:56 AM

I'm using 10 computers to mine a crypto (CPU mining). These computers are not linked on an internal network (intranet or servers of a company for example), they are "independent".

My question is: Could the company see and locate crypto mining devices? And how would they proceed ? I don't know if my question is clear!

Thanks, have a nice day.
Do your computers belong to the company and are located in the company's office?
Or computers are located in your separate office and you use Wi-Fi from another company so as not to pay for the Internet?
I think in the first situation it is very easy to detect mining, in the second situation, when entering the administration panel of the router, the admin sees the number of connected devices and traffic.
If the Internet is unlimited and the administrator does not care about this, then no one will detect you, but this is illegal.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ProxiGreenWorld (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 11:15:01 AM

Thanks, have a nice day.
Do your computers belong to the company and are located in the company's office?
Or computers are located in your separate office and you use Wi-Fi from another company so as not to pay for the Internet?
I think in the first situation it is very easy to detect mining, in the second situation, when entering the administration panel of the router, the admin sees the number of connected devices and traffic.
If the Internet is unlimited and the administrator does not care about this, then no one will detect you, but this is illegal.

In fact, it's a shop. There are +- 30 computers (exposition models for sell, they don't really need to be connected to internet, but they are for updates), and I put the miner on 10 of them. They are not registered to the company, but yes, they are connected to the private wifi of the shop... There is another wifi (public), but it doesn't work with this one...

There are a lot of smartphones connected to the private wifi network, so I thought it could pass, it could be 10 people mining with their personal smartphone!

But I'm maybe wrong... It's a huge shop (hypermarket), so I think they'll never notice about the electricity, my question was more about the data shared and if the devices could be located !
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 12:17:10 PM

It's called theft of service and it's illegal.

ProxiGreenWorld (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 01:52:28 PM

It's called theft of service and it's illegal.

lol yes if you want, but that was not my question !
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3046

View Profile
September 16, 2022, 06:36:57 PM

Thanks, have a nice day.
The IT Service that manage the internet security and all things about that , can see the IP adresses and the active computers thats online.
Also they can see that there is a data sharing from this devices , but not what they are sharing.
As long as they dont have any other programm installed like teamviewer or something.
If you get catched and they can belong this to you its possible you maybe get kicked out there.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 01:08:20 PM

Thanks, have a nice day.

In fact, it's a shop. There are +- 30 computers (exposition models for sell, they don't really need to be connected to internet, but they are for updates), and I put the miner on 10 of them. They are not registered to the company, but yes, they are connected to the private wifi of the shop... There is another wifi (public), but it doesn't work with this one...

There are a lot of smartphones connected to the private wifi network, so I thought it could pass, it could be 10 people mining with their personal smartphone!

But I'm maybe wrong... It's a huge shop (hypermarket), so I think they'll never notice about the electricity, my question was more about the data shared and if the devices could be located !
If this is a large store and many devices are connected to the router: computers, TVs, telephones, then the administration will probably not track this traffic if there are no complaints from other employees.
Buddy, this is crap. The buyer will think that he bought a new PC, but will receive a PC with an overheated socket. You harm other people.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██