Question: ZK Mining possible?
less than one year - 1 (50%)
2-3 years - 0 (0%)
more than 3 years - 0 (0%)
not possible - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When ZK Mining will be massive adopation?  (Read 212 times)
mattg_0320 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2022, 08:16:50 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2022, 01:18:03 PM by mattg_0320

I've had some real trouble and pain alternately mining among various alt-coins after the Ethereum merge. For the time being, it looks like there are no stable and profitable coins that last long. I'm going to shut it down for now, but I'm a little uncertain about what to do with these GPU rigs. They are a bunch of RTX 3060ti and 3080s (bought them quite expensive before).

Also at the same time, I also saw some posts saying that ZK mining may replace the previous eth pow mining in the future
Post link:  https://minernav.com/mining-technology/zk-mining-a-possible-post-ethereum-merge-mining-replacement/

I would like to know, are there any projects that have already adopted this algorithm now, or roughly when will ZK mining be adopted on a large scale?
a1383414

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 02, 2022, 01:06:03 PM

Have more resource about ZK Mining?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 02, 2022, 09:37:13 PM

Should have sold off those gpu way before now. I started selling off my Nvidia 1070/1080 series cards that I mined with for three years in late 2020 and decided not to purchase newer gen cards with the funds. Could have waited another six months and got more for said gpu's, but I'm not in the business of buying bottoms and selling tops. Sure the merge could have been delayed yet again, but I wasn't willing to bet on it. So no new card.

I overpaid for some gpu in early 2018, but no worry. Most were purchased in 2017 at good price point. Now you sell them at loss or continue to hold onto them while manufacturer releases newer and newer cards, this decease value of your card even more. Hello Metroid. Hehe  Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
mattg_0320 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 08, 2022, 03:39:17 AM

Have more resource about ZK Mining?

that site posted a following article regarding the projects using zk mining now
check the link below:https://minernav.com/mining-technology/aleo-and-ironfish-projects-already-using-zk-mining/

however, looks like these projects are not officially launched yet, may still wait for couple time.
besides that, you can check Paradigm's main page for more related zk mining hardware information.

i might go ERGO first now and hold since it uses less energy. Cry
mattg_0320 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 08, 2022, 03:48:22 AM

Should have sold off those gpu way before now. I started selling off my Nvidia 1070/1080 series cards that I mined with for three years in late 2020 and decided not to purchase newer gen cards with the funds. Could have waited another six months and got more for said gpu's, but I'm not in the business of buying bottoms and selling tops. Sure the merge could have been delayed yet again, but I wasn't willing to bet on it. So no new card.

I overpaid for some gpu in early 2018, but no worry. Most were purchased in 2017 at good price point. Now you sell them at loss or continue to hold onto them while manufacturer releases newer and newer cards, this decease value of your card even more. Hello Metroid. Hehe  Grin

wise decision sir Cheesy, i am currently trapped with about 20+ RTX30xx card Undecided , but i believe the profit will recovery eventually since there are people selling cards which may lead the hash market come to a equilibrium.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 10, 2022, 11:03:23 PM

Also at the same time, I also saw some posts saying that ZK mining may replace the previous eth pow mining in the future
At this point. It's still just speculation. Let say some projects adopt ZK mining,

1. are they going to be as widely adopted as Ethereum was? (ETH's wide adoption is the reason it was so profitable)
2. Will they grow astronomically in price and stay somewhere up there even in a bear market, like ETH did from the time of its inception?
So there will be so many factors at play before we even think about that high profitability that ETH POW mining offered

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 11, 2022, 12:35:23 AM

Could also just wait for the next bull cycle. motherboards I bought in 2019 for $175 sold for $500 in 2021. GPUs will sell for ridiculous prices again too. Let's see.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 11, 2022, 12:44:48 AM

I've had some real trouble and pain alternately mining among various alt-coins after the Ethereum merge. For the time being, it looks like there are no stable and profitable coins that last long. I'm going to shut it down for now, but I'm a little uncertain about what to do with these GPU rigs. They are a bunch of RTX 3060ti and 3080s (bought them quite expensive before).

Post link:  https://minernav.com/mining-technology/zk-mining-a-possible-post-ethereum-merge-mining-replacement/

I would like to know, are there any projects that have already adopted this algorithm now, or roughly when will ZK mining be adopted on a large scale?

I'm reading the article. ZK mining sounds shortsighted. It's not FPGA or ASIC resistant. And just because navmine or w/e says they "believe" it will take time before FPGA and ASIC catch up we all know that isn't true. Based on experience, FPGA is very fast and ASIC can be just as fast if the juice is worth the squeeze.

We already have a mining algorithm that is very good for GPUs and not very good for FPGA or ASIC: ProgPoW.

And when combined with polyphasic engineering to swap between various ubiquitous general purpose processing (CPU, GPU, Mobile processors) there are already better solutions then ZK mining which is acknowledged as mineable by FPGA and ASIC.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Outhue

Activity: 840
Merit: 447

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2022, 06:00:29 AM

It's 2018 all over again but mining won't be in this same hole forever, all altcoins are down 90% or more, those who don't stop mining now will still make a lot when market start showing bull strength, I will only stop mining if I can't afford electricity bill but for now I just let the Sun power do its thing.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀