Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will digital dollar be a threat to bitcoin?  (Read 2536 times)
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 11:51:06 AM

You can imagine digital dollar as a stable coin in crypto. There are stable coins like us dollar in crypto world too. But that doesn't threaten BTC at all. The dollar will be controlled by Government, which defies the sole purpose of BTC, which is freedom and anonymity of personal space. No strings attached.
Why do you think BTC has come to this position over the year?
It's simply because Bitcoin gives us something which dollar can't provide. And BTC becoming more and more popular day by day. So I don't think this will create any major threat towards BTC.

I agree with you, just because there is now a digital version of the Dollar or the Euro doesn't mean all the problems of the fiat money is solved now. Personally I am looking at the digital Dollar the same way I look at the physical Dollar. Both of them are controlled by the central bank. If politicians decide to print more of it then there is nobody stopping them. The main attractiveness of crypto currencies and bitcoin in particular is the independence from national governments and the limited supply. Only when there is a finite number of coins that can't be created out of thin air overnight, will it be a real protection against inflation and a good store of value. The digital dollar is an attempt by the USA to advantage of the rise of crypto currencies. So far I am not convinced that it will be a threat to the crypto community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 12:37:14 PM

I also think that the digital dollar will not be a threat to bitcoin the dollar is usually controlled by the government but bitcoin is not controlled by anyone. It is not accepted by others except certain individuals or institutions. The current trend suggests that digital currency will be widely accepted by the general public. However, it is difficult to say how this system will be CBDC will be the digital version of the printed currency.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 03:40:15 PM

I do not think that digital dollar would become a threat to BTC since they have different uses and purposes.

Digital dollar is the same as fiat- the only difference is the platform on where you can use it. In contrast, BTC is something that can be used as alternative payment if you want to secure your transactions in the blockchain. Again, like what I similarly comment on posts like these, both fiat/digital dollar and bitcoin can co-exist with each other. They can both be used as they can fulfill each other's roles effectively.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 03:47:16 PM

I'm afraid it is not.

Any kind of fiat currency does not have the chance to be superior to Bitcoin, in my opinion. Fiat and Bitcoin are completely different from each other, even though it is a digital dollar or whatever currency it is, you can't hide the fact that it is still fiat and is controlled by the Government. Besides, I highly doubt that everyone could use the digital payment instead of cash since not all of the people have the privilege to buy gadgets in able to do so.
Dzwaafu11

Activity: 518
Merit: 328

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2022, 04:18:02 PM

Digital dollar can't be threat to bitcoin many people in the world use bitcoin as an assets some use to for transactions, since the USD don't be a threat to bitcoin why will digital dollars be a threat

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 30, 2022, 10:36:25 AM

I do not think that digital dollar would become a threat to BTC since they have different uses and purposes.

Digital dollar is the same as fiat- the only difference is the platform on where you can use it. In contrast, BTC is something that can be used as alternative payment if you want to secure your transactions in the blockchain. Again, like what I similarly comment on posts like these, both fiat/digital dollar and bitcoin can co-exist with each other. They can both be used as they can fulfill each other's roles effectively.

The Digital Dollar could become a threat to Bitcoin, if the US government forces its use. But that's very unlikely to happen, especially when the US is a democracy. What will happen is that the government will tighten regulations to keep away the "bad actors" from Bitcoin. With how far the cryptocurrency has gone since its inception, it's very unlikely it'll disappear just like that.

I think both Bitcoin and the US Digital Dollar (or any other CBDC for that matter) will live alongside each other for generations. Sort of how Gold is living alongside Fiat up to this date. People will choose which kind of currency to use for day-to-day payments. Who knows if we're closer to a cashless society than we've thought? Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: