Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:57:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum POW - ETHW  (Read 639 times)
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 04:00:59 AM

There's no reason for ethw to enter into the top ranking.
Nope.  None whatsoever.  The way I see it, it's pure opportunism on the part of whoever *developed* ETHW, and the asterisks around that word are because there wasn't any development at all; ETHW is just a clone, and in case nobody noticed or forgot, we have this little old coin called ETC.  Miners can still mine that one, though right now it's not profitable.  But in terms of functionality since ETC exists there's no reason for ETHW to.

Don't lose hope, GPU miners!  Everything is looking bleak right now, but we're still in an adjustment phase after ETH switched to POS, and nobody knows where they should put their hash power at or if they should simply put all those expensive graphics cards back in the bubble wrap.  Something is going to come along and make it possible to turn a profit, whether it's with a 4GB or 6+GB card.  I couldn't say when that something is going to arrive, but I've got faith that it will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 06:24:30 AM

Many experts believe that ETHW is the next parent of coins, there will be many big surprises in the near future, don't be left behind to buy ETHW immediately, I'm sure the price will continue to skyrocket and can enter the top rankings.
Did you believe those who you called them as experts? parent coins? what a crap. It's obviously a fork scam coin from miners. There's no reason for ethw to enter into the top ranking. This will become another shit scam bitcoin fork coin for sure that will be dumped with the goes of time caused by ethw has no utility to be used by the users. it's a crap coin for sure. I don't even think if that will exist at least for 2 years from now

It's true that many people doubt ETHW, but why do so many big exchanges list ETHW??
Of course this is something that must be anticipated because it is possible that if it is listed on Binance, the price may be $100 in a short time.

When it is not yet popular, many are doubtful, but if they are popular, they say they are too late and hope to buy at a cheap price, I don't want to be left behind for investment coins who according to many experts will skyrocket in the near future.

DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 546

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 08:05:32 AM

Many experts believe that ETHW is the next parent of coins, there will be many big surprises in the near future, don't be left behind to buy ETHW immediately, I'm sure the price will continue to skyrocket and can enter the top rankings.
Did you believe those who you called them as experts? parent coins? what a crap. It's obviously a fork scam coin from miners. There's no reason for ethw to enter into the top ranking. This will become another shit scam bitcoin fork coin for sure that will be dumped with the goes of time caused by ethw has no utility to be used by the users. it's a crap coin for sure. I don't even think if that will exist at least for 2 years from now

It's true that many people doubt ETHW, but why do so many big exchanges list ETHW??
Of course this is something that must be anticipated because it is possible that if it is listed on Binance, the price may be $100 in a short time.

When it is not yet popular, many are doubtful, but if they are popular, they say they are too late and hope to buy at a cheap price, I don't want to be left behind for investment coins who according to many experts will skyrocket in the near future.
The future of ETHW remains very uncertain as it was born during bear season and opportunities often come from uncertainties. I'm not saying ETHW has a future or fails but looking at its current events I think it will have some shark pumping and then maybe start to sink into oblivion like ETC. Currently, all exchanges have listed ETHW but binance has not announced the listing yet but they have announced to open ETHW mining pool with zero fees. According to my prediction, binance is calculating something, just once they announce the listing of ETHW will be a very good opportunity to take profits if you buy ETHW from now on. I also have some ETHW from the airdrop and still not sold, I am still waiting for news from binance.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 12:14:05 PM

what would be the alternatives when first-class smart contracts on a PoW blockchain are needed?
The term first-class is pretty subjective. It depends on some project goals and needs, so it requires some thorough consideration. While in fact ETHW is designed to not change the PoW consensus, and it's still on hype, but we cannot firmly predict of what the most suitable platform one must choose its cryptocurrency and its longevity.

ETC is also another option, it remains as the unmolested blockchain of Ethereum and do also supports smart contracts. ETH communities couldn't be more separated, but the trends as of now, people won't bat an eye too much on what platform the underlying applications rely on.
It just means whatever first class is in the reader’s mind. ~

My point is any project/platform is dependable on which blockchain they are going to build, surely each project have its own goals and consideration. Choosing which blockchain they are going to deploy the project is one of the considerations. So I believe it depends on the overall goals of the project, which is subjective.

Now, Ethereum communities are divided into 3 sections, generally. ETC, ETH, and ETHW. To fully answer the question, if PoW consensus is required, ETC is a better choice than ETHW.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 06, 2022, 06:10:28 PM

Since the Ethereum merger, the number of miners in the ETH PoW network has decreased by about 2 times. This is evidenced by the data of the hashrate network. This indicates that miners are abandoning ETHW mining, preferring ETC and RVN, which, on the contrary, have an increased hashrate.
It's increasing a little bit since the price was bouncing back again to the 10 but this time it's decreasing again to the 9. I guess the price stability has become the main consideration for miners to switch from one coin to the another coin gradually. Miners are feeling worry about volatility in the ethw. That means the hashrate will be also volatile caused by the demand will be going up and down to mine the coin.
I believe that miners will not be able to keep this high for a long time because they will eventually have to sell this coin to pay for the bills. I mean consider how much it cost to mine something, you are going to end up losing a lot of money due to the fact that electricity is required to mine, and if it keeps going like this there will be a lot to mine and there will be a lot of people who will sell to pay those bills and the price will crash.

They can hold out as long as they possibly could, but when the debt grows too big, they will be forced to do it one way or another and there is no way to avoid it, so the price will crash eventually, don't know when but it will happen.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
zeuner

Activity: 189
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 12, 2022, 11:09:27 AM

Since the Ethereum merger, the number of miners in the ETH PoW network has decreased by about 2 times. This is evidenced by the data of the hashrate network. This indicates that miners are abandoning ETHW mining, preferring ETC and RVN, which, on the contrary, have an increased hashrate.
It's increasing a little bit since the price was bouncing back again to the 10 but this time it's decreasing again to the 9. I guess the price stability has become the main consideration for miners to switch from one coin to the another coin gradually. Miners are feeling worry about volatility in the ethw. That means the hashrate will be also volatile caused by the demand will be going up and down to mine the coin.
I believe that miners will not be able to keep this high for a long time because they will eventually have to sell this coin to pay for the bills. I mean consider how much it cost to mine something, you are going to end up losing a lot of money due to the fact that electricity is required to mine, and if it keeps going like this there will be a lot to mine and there will be a lot of people who will sell to pay those bills and the price will crash.

They can hold out as long as they possibly could, but when the debt grows too big, they will be forced to do it one way or another and there is no way to avoid it, so the price will crash eventually, don't know when but it will happen.

Mining can also be scaled down. This depends on how fast the difficulty is expected to adapt. But preparing for this is exactly what must be kept in mind when forking, considering that difficulty issues are the exact one thing that is certain to happen.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4285

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2022, 02:28:07 PM

ETC and ETHW now look like dead blockchains. ETC hasn't made much progress since the hard fork
https://defillama.com/chain/EthereumClassic
Do you believe in the success of ETHW without a development team? Or do you need a team of copywriters who will copy defi projects from the Ethereum ecosystem?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Crypt0Gore

Activity: 854
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 12, 2022, 05:43:25 PM

I will not be buying ETHW, it is possible that the coin will pump in future but that will depends on how Ethereum will perform in future, now this will play out like ETC and BTC forks but as time goes on ETHW can die a painful death, if you must invest make sure you invest only what you can afford to lose.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
ROLLBOTS
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
   PLAY NOW   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

View Profile
October 13, 2022, 12:47:24 AM

ETC and ETHW now look like dead blockchains. ETC hasn't made much progress since the hard fork
Do you believe in the success of ETHW without a development team? Or do you need a team of copywriters who will copy defi projects from the Ethereum ecosystem?

Sadly, that seems to be the case with forked coins. The original projects are the ones that are kept afloat, while the "copycats" (in this case, the forks) are left behind in the dust. Consider how Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, and several other Bitcoin forks have turned out to be a huge failure due to lack of interest among investors and traders alike. Both ETC and ETHW are not exempt from having the same fate as the coins mentioned earlier.

I think forks are only created to enrich miners and holders of the cryptocurrency. No one is going to take forked projects seriously unless developers start building dApps and services on them. At least, everything is open sourced these days. If both ETC and ETHW fail, there's nothing stopping you from creating a new fork to keep alive PoW consensus on ETH. Who knows if ETHW won't last for long? Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 13, 2022, 01:00:01 AM

Sadly, that seems to be the case with forked coins. The original projects are the ones that are kept afloat, while the "copycats" (in this case, the forks) are left behind in the dust. Consider how Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, and several other Bitcoin forks have turned out to be a huge failure due to lack of interest among investors and traders alike. Both ETC and ETHW are not exempt from having the same fate as the coins mentioned earlier.

I think forks are only created to enrich miners and holders of the cryptocurrency. No one is going to take forked projects seriously unless developers start building dApps and services on them. At least, everything is open sourced these days. If both ETC and ETHW fail, there's nothing stopping you from creating a new fork to keep alive PoW consensus on ETH. Who knows if ETHW won't last for long? Just my thoughts Grin

ETHW does need some developers who will start looking into the codes and bridge the ERC tokens to ETHW. If this isn't happening, the fork will just end just like ETC.

Most forks ended the same way with fewer people in the community. At the end of the day, the winning force still is ETH for on top of it are thousands of projects.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2022, 05:23:06 AM

ETHW does need some developers who will start looking into the codes and bridge the ERC tokens to ETHW. If this isn't happening, the fork will just end just like ETC.

Most forks ended the same way with fewer people in the community. At the end of the day, the winning force still is ETH for on top of it are thousands of projects.
If ETC is lively and has good trading price on market, it's good for ETHW if it is moving onward similar to ETC.

However, I agree that fork project must have more developments in order to be lively and catch more attention and capital from investors. Bridge is risky at least with current bridging technologies. If ETHW team are not careful, bridging can cause so many risk and attacks on ETHW that would be death call for the newborn fork.
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2022, 06:58:15 AM

ETHW is always interesting, I'm sure one day ETHW can be ranked in the top 25, the best thing right now is to focus on buying, I'm sure this year ETHW will be available on other top exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, etc.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 13, 2022, 12:26:55 PM

I will not be buying ETHW, it is possible that the coin will pump in future but that will depends on how Ethereum will perform in future, now this will play out like ETC and BTC forks but as time goes on ETHW can die a painful death, if you must invest make sure you invest only what you can afford to lose.
that's a good decision maye. Buying ethw is just wasting your money. There are so many forks exist in the market. That will make so hard to pick which was the legit coin. ETHW will become the same like so many bitcoin fork coins that will die at the end of journey. People will not buy that coin for the future holding. this coin was actually bs

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 13, 2022, 12:47:58 PM

It can be said that most of the previous forks of bitcoin ended the same and failed but here is the difference with ETHW, ETH has completely moved to POS and we know that miners won't have too many options, unlike bitcoin. So, at the moment, it is difficult to say whether the future of ETHW will be like the other forks or there will be massive growth. We are still in the bearish season so it is safe to say that we cannot confirm anything ETHW or ETC but the risk when investing in fork is always high so still only invest with the amount you can lose.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2022, 12:55:09 AM

I don't think developers will join ETHW simply because they have no reason to. The PoS ETH chain has the biggest userbase in the crypto/Blockchain space, so developers will "stick" onto it for a little while. PoW-based forks of ETH are just created as a means to enrich miners and their "hodlers". But they really have no substance behind them. Just like Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, and eCash (formerly known as Bitcoin Cash ABC) turned out to be a failure, the same will happen with ETHW within the not-so-distant future.

There are better options out there on the market with active development and innovative features. Instead of choosing ETW, you can choose ETC which is the original ETH chain going strong since 2016. It hasn't attracted developers into its platform yet, but it's a tried-and-tested blockchain network that's built to last. Ultimately, the market will decide which coin will stay and which will fade away into oblivion. As long as you don't invest more than what you can't afford to lose, there should be nothing to worry about. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
tbct_mt2

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2022, 01:33:48 AM

I don't think developers will join ETHW simply because they have no reason to. The PoS ETH chain has the biggest userbase in the crypto/Blockchain space, so developers will "stick" onto it for a little while. PoW-based forks of ETH are just created as a means to enrich miners and their "hodlers". But they really have no substance behind them. Just like Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, and eCash (formerly known as Bitcoin Cash ABC) turned out to be a failure, the same will happen with ETHW within the not-so-distant future.
We can not expect too many developers join ETHW and I know many Proof of Work altcoins even don't have active developments from developers. Especially altcoins from years ago like Cryptonight algorithm coins. Their networks still run by miners but it is super hard to see any updates from their developers about anything new. Many of them even don't have any tweet after many months. They are like walking deads and only wait for each altcoin season to join the wave and rise then dump again.

There are better options out there on the market with active development and innovative features. Instead of choosing ETW, you can choose ETC which is the original ETH chain going strong since 2016. It hasn't attracted developers into its platform yet, but it's a tried-and-tested blockchain network that's built to last. Ultimately, the market will decide which coin will stay and which will fade away into oblivion. As long as you don't invest more than what you can't afford to lose, there should be nothing to worry about.
I totally agree with you that Ethereum Classic ETC is better than ETHW because it has been tested by market and at least we know they actually have some sort of developments after many years. We don't know what will happen with ETHW in development and on market.

You are also right about don't invest if you don't afford to lose it. It is more than right with new coin like ETHW.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
October 19, 2022, 01:51:25 AM

I am aware even before the Merge that there will probably be an Ethereum hard fork that would continue with its Proof of Work system. But what I'm more interested about is whether this ETHW will grow big in the future or not. I am also aware that there are those who are saying that ETHW is unnecessary and redundant because Ethereum Classic (ETC) is already the PoW version of Ethereum. So why should there be another PoW Ethereum?

So will this ETHW that is currently valued at $6 grow big in the future?
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2022, 12:53:34 AM

I am aware even before the Merge that there will probably be an Ethereum hard fork that would continue with its Proof of Work system. But what I'm more interested about is whether this ETHW will grow big in the future or not. I am also aware that there are those who are saying that ETHW is unnecessary and redundant because Ethereum Classic (ETC) is already the PoW version of Ethereum. So why should there be another PoW Ethereum?

So will this ETHW that is currently valued at $6 grow big in the future?

Exactly. We didn't need another PoW fork of Ethereum since we've already had both ETC and Expanse. In fact, Expanse was the first ETH fork that started it all. Ethereum Classic was created at a later time when most community members were dissatisfied with ETH's decision to roll back the Blockchain because of the DAO hack. As I've said many times already, ETHW was only created as a means to enrich both the developers and miners. It has no future simply because it has no substance to it.

Why would developers want to build on a PoW version of Ethereum that's redundant? There are far better options on the market with innovative features and a solid foundation built upon them. No one knows what the future holds for crypto, so either ETHW dies or keeps "pumping" for a little while. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
tbct_mt2

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2022, 02:07:45 AM

Exactly. We didn't need another PoW fork of Ethereum since we've already had both ETC and Expanse. In fact, Expanse was the first ETH fork that started it all. Ethereum Classic was created at a later time when most community members were dissatisfied with ETH's decision to roll back the Blockchain because of the DAO hack.
These forks have solid reasons behind how it were forked but we can not prevent other forks when there are big upgrades and community did not reach to a consensus. Or even a consensus is reached, there are still people want to fork it and exploit the fork in order to get richer.

As I've said many times already, ETHW was only created as a means to enrich both the developers and miners. It has no future simply because it has no substance to it.
Time will prove these forks are useless and very little developments for those forks. However, at beginning and early months after a fork, there will be hype and manipulation to make the wise, the whales richer.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4285

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2022, 12:52:22 PM

After the merger, the decentralization of Ethereum is under a very big question. You don’t have to worry about the future of the Ethereum ecosystem, but the community needs other ecosystems to safely store their assets.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██