Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful when lodging into any hotel  (Read 484 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 26, 2022, 06:00:46 PM

There are lots of risks involved and potential attack vectors when connecting to a public WiFi, from man-in-the-middle attacks to loading malware on to your device. It's best to avoid public WiFi altogether and use your own mobile connection.
Honestly, apart from trying to save data I don't know what other excuse anyone would've using public WiFi. For someone to have enough cash to lodge in a hotel I don't think something as minute as saving data should be their problem. They can easily afford it. Regrettably, people have information they don't even make use of until bad happens to them. OP ought to have known better not to use public WiFi. I'm really scared shit using any WiFi that's not generated by my other device. As a rule, I avoid browsing in an area with open WiFi even with my data. If I'm out and I spot an open connection, I avoid like it's leprous.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1110

View Profile
September 26, 2022, 11:59:30 PM

~snip~
Do you guys have to go everywhere with your seed phrase or private key? That's odd and feels wrong to me, knowing it's importance. It's the key to a treasure and should be kept as such.  Wallets comes with passwords authorisation after creation and would do okay to just send your coin where you need it to be, get to trade it if you want.

Besides, hotels aren't supposed to have cameras in there lodging apartment. The lobby and passages perhaps but, rooms, No. You could sue for that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2016
Merit: 916

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2022, 01:08:08 AM

@OP, is there really any camera technology like what you have described? Regardless, I think the reason why the assets have been stolen is probably because your wife connected with the hotel's wifi when she accessed the wallet while revealing the seed phrase.

yes that is might the real problem here, maybe he connected to wifi hotel address and if this true is not just seed phrase that lose maybe other thing also in danger.

and yeah you just simple transfer all the asset the new address than move all seed phrase the total fee maybe less than $10

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Agbe

Activity: 896
Merit: 1266

View Profile
September 27, 2022, 05:34:42 AM

I don't think that it is the hidden camera that the hotel workers used in stealing your wife seed and wipe all the fund. But probably she used a wallet that is genuine (fake wallet) and the creator of the wallet transfer everything to his wallet. Because all these things, I always tell people to use trusted wallets and not to migrate anyhow. Seed Phrase is not something she would be opening any how and any place she goes. And also using a public connection is another dangerous thing because even if nobody wiped you fund virus might have done that since you connected your wife phone to the hotel WiFi. Public WiFi is not secured, there are a lot of malware in public network.
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2022, 05:46:55 AM

My wife's assets was wiped out a day after our wedding, the only reason why I suspected the hotel we lodged in is because I found two hidden camera in the room the following day of the incident and my wife claimed she revealed her wallet seed because she needed to import her seed into trust wallet from Atomic wallet after we lodged out of the hotel that day all her assets was wiped out,

Newly wedded couples are supposed to concentrate on love making during honeymoon, and not business. You and your wife spoilt the whole fun  Shocked
Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 11:16:54 AM

My wife's assets was wiped out a day after our wedding, the only reason why I suspected the hotel we lodged in is because I found two hidden camera in the room the following day of the incident and my wife claimed she revealed her wallet seed because she needed to import her seed into trust wallet from Atomic wallet after we lodged out of the hotel that day all her assets was wiped out, this include 1000 PYR token I got for her as a birthday present months back, I went back to the hotel claiming I forgot a sim card and the room was still empty, here is how I knew the room had hidden camera, could be useful for anyone. 

Make sure that everywhere is dark by switching off the light and bring out your smartphone, ON the camera and start waving it around slowly, cameras have something like infrared that flashes light, that light can be detected with your smartphone camera.

You can try this with your smart TV remote too, press a button while your camera is on you will see red light blinking.

Stay safe out there people
Damn! Haven't heard this kind of allegations before. I have been in hotels before with my gf and sometimes even trading and accessing some of my wallets but luckily never robbed just like you man. I don't think this is possible though, these cameras arent that sophisticated I think. Those lil words coming from your phone would be invisible in video by these cameras as their mega pixels count would be low.
Asiska02

Activity: 826
Merit: 680

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2022, 01:38:45 PM

Thank you for providing such trustworthy information. I never imagined such a thing happening at a hotel designed to house guests. I don't usually stay in hotels, but this information will come in handy if I ever need to visit one. But what could be the goal of a hotel that is intended for accommodation and has cameras inside? Isn't that prying into the consumers' privacy? I believe they can be sued for this and made to pay for the loss your wife suffered as a result.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 02:47:15 PM

Thank you for providing such trustworthy information. I never imagined such a thing happening at a hotel designed to house guests. I don't usually stay in hotels, but this information will come in handy if I ever need to visit one. But what could be the goal of a hotel that is intended for accommodation and has cameras inside? Isn't that prying into the consumers' privacy? I believe they can be sued for this and made to pay for the loss your wife suffered as a result.
There have been many incidents like this before and I won't be surprised again when someone gets the proof. However the problem is not about those hidden cameras but I really want to know how accurate this OP's story is to believe.

I'm certainly not accusing him of fabricating a false story, but he might be able to ask for evidence from hidden camera footage [if the case is reported to the police] to support the claim that it caused his assets to disappear. If no evidence is recorded then there is another possibility that the data from his wife's phone has been leaked either due to malware or something else. The other thing that supports the most is that the wallet used by his wife is a closed source wallet, so I guess there are other possibilities as to why the assets are missing.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1766

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 03:20:12 PM

Of course, I do not dispute that hotel personnel or other parties are not responsible for the actions they take to harm others, such as: installing hidden cameras in hotel rooms, cases like that have happened in several hotels in my country, I admit it.

But, how do they steal your wife's crypto assets in your wife's wallet, did your wife say anything about wallet keys right, all about assets or keys are on your wife's laptop/android phone, how do they know everything......! did the hidden camera in the hotel reach when your wife acted, That's not all a secret, without having to say it in the room when opening the wallet.

However, if it really happens and you find a camera in the hotel room you are staying in, you can report it to the authorities or the hotel owner, I'm sure, if you experience a loss the hotel will be responsible for your loss.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rockstarguy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 586

God is great

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 04:59:30 PM

My wife's assets was wiped out a day after our wedding, the only reason why I suspected the hotel we lodged in is because I found two hidden camera in the room the following day of the incident and my wife claimed she revealed her wallet seed because she needed to import her seed into trust wallet from Atomic wallet after we lodged out of the hotel that day all her assets was wiped out, this include 1000 PYR token I got for her as a birthday present months back, I went back to the hotel claiming I forgot a sim card and the room was still empty, here is how I knew the room had hidden camera, could be useful for anyone. 

Make sure that everywhere is dark by switching off the light and bring out your smartphone, ON the camera and start waving it around slowly, cameras have something like infrared that flashes light, that light can be detected with your smartphone camera.

You can try this with your smart TV remote too, press a button while your camera is on you will see red light blinking.

It  is wrong for hotel to install camera's in their rooms. When people pay for hotels rooms it is their right for them to have maximum privacy to do whatever they want to do. Putting cameras  it means every activities  that will take place will be recorded which is supposed not to be so.

I don't blame you for what has happened,  it was never your fault.  It is wrong that the management of the hotel invades into people's privacy with their cameras.  It is just a criminal act, that means it is not safe for people to hold meetings that may concern money in hotels  because it is not safe. Am very sorry for all the loss.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Crypt0Gore

Activity: 868
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 05:57:39 PM

There have been such cases in my country where sex tapes are been leaked by the hotel runners, they install hidden camera and gain access to the nasty videos, later you will get a call and they will threaten you to pay them money or they release the video to the public, I don't even think about going to hotels again, they sometimes use charms too, many won't understand what I am talking about but that's the case here.

If a whole human body can go missing in a hotel that belongs to a powerful person how much more just leaked sex tapes? For all of you saying the story might be fabricated you are definitely from a good country.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
ROLLBOTS
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
   PLAY NOW   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 07:29:53 PM

I am currently in Singapore now in both leisure and attending crypto conferences. I have never opened any seed phrases as of the moment in any wallet that I have because of being so busy connecting and networking with a lot of people in conferences, meet up events, etc.

By the way, would you mind which hotel is it? You may want to report it to the police because of these unwanted hidden cams as it doesn't respect your privacy in any way. And I think if we write down the seed phrases, one trick is to write it the "reverse" way. Like for example, if that phrase is #1, you should make it #12 or so.

This is really concerning to be honest.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
348Judah

Activity: 728
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 07:49:52 PM

My wife's assets was wiped out a day after our wedding, the only reason why I suspected the hotel we lodged in is because I found two hidden camera in the room

Not until they start to deal with the hotel owners for their secret agendas being leashed on customers, I've heard of similar case related before whereby the hotel hid some mini cameras on the AC panel, fan, table lamp, water heater and the bathing tub, these are ateas tgat are sensitive for caption and all dealings that comes with privacy could be achieved in such strategic location, they can even caption the bedroom and bathroom nude of a customer without being aware, and theu uses such against them later in future, which is total violation of human right, those specific locations should be investigated and thoroughly checked well lodging in a hotel.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 28, 2022, 08:05:04 PM

I've known that technique when I've seen it on a video and aside from cameras, whenever I go out of town or go into lodging place or a hotel. I simply don't connect to their WiFi and the same goes for public places that has free WiFi.

I think that your wife should have never done that, expose her seed phrase on an unknown place. That's why when it comes to this, it's better to stay at home and do the necessary transactions at your comfort.

Not blaming her but we really don't know the place where we're staying so, it's better to just stay there and avoid accessing anything related to crypto or finances.

I hope both of you recovers from this.

KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1035

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2022, 09:14:00 PM

I have high doubt that your wife was spied with a camera. I have been trying to imagine the resolution and pixels of the camera that would cover the whole hotel room. Even if it's a 360deg camera, how will it be able to capture the mobile phone that is in very close proximity to the eyes.

Could it be that your wife used a laptop? Even at that, is the hotel specifically for crypto users?
Or will the man behind the camera wait patiently for 4 months before he could have a crypto guest and then wait for another 2 years to have a crypto guest who will import a seed phrase in the hotel.
I strongly believe your wife was hacked either by public internet connection or keyboard mareware.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Razmirraz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 405

View Profile
September 29, 2022, 01:46:26 AM

Hidden camera...  Shocked
How can the hotel put two hidden cameras in the room, isn't that a violation of the privacy of their customers. I will not let it go if I find a hidden camera in the room that I have booked, this is a violation of the institution that can be reported to the authorities because they can see whatever I do in the room with my wife.
Losing assets that you experience is very sad, especially when there is 1000 PYR in it. Then what do you do after knowing all that, whether to make a complaint to the hotel or directly report it to the police. Huh

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
September 29, 2022, 02:34:12 AM

I hope that it's a lesson for your wife and a warning to other people that importing wallet when you are in another place is not safe that's because it is not your own olace and there could be someone on that place where he/she knows crypto. I'm sorry to hear what happened to your wife at least she is safe and that's what matters the most unlike someone getting inside to threat your wife into making ber give the wallet. If it is not the camera think I think it could also be because of connectingt
 to their wifi that let them hack into your wifes device (If I am right).
Outhue (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 447

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2022, 05:58:11 AM

~snip~
Do you guys have to go everywhere with your seed phrase or private key? That's odd and feels wrong to me, knowing it's importance. It's the key to a treasure and should be kept as such.  Wallets comes with passwords authorisation after creation and would do okay to just send your coin where you need it to be, get to trade it if you want.

Besides, hotels aren't supposed to have cameras in there lodging apartment. The lobby and passages perhaps but, rooms, No. You could sue for that.
Will you leave your smartphone at home and go far away from home? I don't use a hardware wallet, my wallet is always on my phone, same as my wife.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Takyeon

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2022, 03:18:54 PM

This is the most awful topic I read on this forum, how come you don't know that such madness is going on in your country before agreeing to use an hotel OP? If this bad manner have become normal in your country then you should have known, either way what has occurred has come to pass, there is nothing anyone can do about it, I hope you learnt your lesson.
Rikafip
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 5999

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2022, 03:35:30 PM

Will you leave your smartphone at home and go far away from home? I don't use a hardware wallet, my wallet is always on my phone, same as my wife.
Buddy, using your mobile phone wallet as your primary wallet is the worst thing that you can do and an accident waiting to happen (like it did happen according to your story). I would advise you to get hardware wallet ASAP and only use mobile phone for a hot wallet, meaning storing there only the amount that you need for a couple of days of spending.

Tbh, seems unlikely to me that your wife lost her crypto via camera spying and chances are that she suffered from some other vector of attack. By the way, did you confronted the hotel about having cameras in their rooms?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██