Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey  (Read 110 times)
348Judah (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 01, 2022, 06:41:14 AM

Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey

Today 1st of October 2022 is another epoch of Nigeria's Independence Day celebration which makes it exactly 62 years of freedom and liberation given by the Colonial British Empire in 1960 and then became a Republic in 1963 as Nnamdi Azikiwe became the Head of State which is the first President while Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa has been the prime minister since 1957 right before the indepence, While the name Nigeria was suggested by a female journalist named Floral Shaw and if we must express our gratitude over the British Empire then the first to acknowledge is the end to Slave trade.
Nigeria was colonized between the period of 1914 to 1954 before it was handed over to the northern and southern protectorates federation  in 1954 to 1960.

History cannot forget our founding heroes right before independence to when it was given, they were those whose impact was felt and will always remain unforgettable in their struggles for Nigeria's independency.

source

First Governor-General of Nigeria Sir Frederick Lord Lugard
1 January 1914 to 8 August 1919

British Monarch as at time of Independence was Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II of England
 1952–1960

First Nigeria President
Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe, GCFR PC 
1 October 1963 – 16 January 1966

source

source

Nigeria is blessed with abundance of natural resources, fertile agricultural soil, green grass and a good atmospheric conditions for a living and is blessed by three major indigenous languages Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo with English as it official and general spoken language among other indigenous local tribes with about thirty one millions population, we can not go without appreciating all our founding heroes, fathers and leaders not mentioned but have struggled altogether in making the nation stand as one country despite various ethnicity challenges emancipated from the world war II and the numbers of lives lost at the cause, also we cannot forget the lives lost through EndSARs: The movement for police reformed as a result of police brutality in NiG which is the 2020 END SARS movements across the federation and the impact of its youths in waging war against corruption and police brutality, may their souls rest in peace. God Bless Nigeria!

Nigerian National Anthem

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leader’s right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.

Nigerian National Pledge

I pledge to Nigeria my Country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity
And uphold her honour and glory
So help me God.
https://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/national-anthem

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Awwal08

Activity: 812
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 01, 2022, 06:59:26 AM

Congratulations for independent day, finally Nigeria @ 62. Truely I'm very happy to witness today, but something is happening which don't give me comfort, normally if a person is +1 today he/she normally improves his/her behaviour, that is they will like to behave maturely to show that he/she is old enough. But in Nigeria the story changes why? All what we are all enjoying today are all what our heros laid down for us. Let all say change begins with me. Forward ever backward never.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
D-law

Activity: 672
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 01, 2022, 07:07:19 AM

Are we really celebrating independence ?
I'm so disappointed in a lot of Nigerians there is nothing to celebrate about but a new month
You all are really scared to fight for your rights but you celebrate this year after year. Sock puppets!

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2022, 08:32:51 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2022, 08:55:16 PM by Lordhermes

My fellow Nigerians, as we celebrate the independence of our cherished country today, it is fitting to reflect on the aspirations of those who fought tenaciously for self-government. It exhorts us to make the most of the opportunity to reflect and assess whether the Nigeria we are has met our expectations as proud Nigerians. The time has come, in my opinion, to elect leaders who have the intelligence to use public finances to advance equality, strengthening the foundations of our nascent democracy and ensuring that the system works. It is crucial to thoroughly assess the behavior of potential leaders in light of their political motivation and capacity for duty.
I'll ensure that everyone is informed about
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 01, 2022, 03:06:12 PM

Nigeria, will you open your arms to US blacks who want to move there?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 01, 2022, 03:12:48 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2022, 05:36:02 AM by Zlantann

Although I have heard some Nigerian say that it would have been better to still remain under British rule because their expectations after independence have not come to pass. The founding fathers of the country wanted a united and strong nation that would be a force in the committee of nations. But currently, the reverse is the case because the nation is higher divided and is suffering from multi-dimensional problems that no government has been able to tackle squarely.  But there are still some good things to celebrate. The Nigerian music industry, film industry, and athletes are doing the nation proud.

I'm so disappointed in a lot of Nigerians there is nothing to celebrate about but a new month
You all are really scared to fight for your rights but you celebrate this year after year. Sock puppets!

What do you expect Nigerians to do? The government has no respect for the fundamental human right of the people. The courts are filled with corrupt judges that the common man cannot get justice. If you protest, they kill and nothing would happen. You don't have to blame anybody because the Nigerian society is not just and egalitarian and people have to live to fight another day. Currently, Nigerians are doing their best because many young voters have decided to kick the old and corrupt politicians out of power and they can achieve it together.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ripe_berry

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2022, 01:13:32 PM

Nigeria is really blessed, with alot of good things which include climate, food, vegetation, resource to mention but a few. but the way things are going in the country aren't giving joy at all. Things are getting tougher everyday, no good road, no electricity (even though oil and coal are part of our resources), no freedom of speech, human right not protected, insecurity everywhere, each new day comes with a sad story and our leader do not care about the welfare of the people they are elected to rule.
The leaders make live a living hell for poor masses. Even the system of government which is said to be democracy is no more one as the vote of the mass do not count again. The people in the government prefer to do selection and retain their seat and position even as they grow old while children in nursery, primary and secondary school are busy singing that they are leaders of tomorrow, yet the old men can give room for the young leaders to rule.
Look at Educational system in Nigeria, they say "education is the key" yet the government changed the padlock and took the key turning education to scam for younger minds in the country. Election is fast approaching the aspiring leaders will become saints and posses humanitarian qualities just to get the mind and vote of people but immediately the aspiring position is gotten, influence of the Godfatherism in polities will overtake the personality.
Infact what is the joy celebrating independence when we are still in captivity. The independence isn't wroth celebrating because there is no joy.
348Judah (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 04, 2022, 06:44:06 PM

normally if a person is +1 today he/she normally improves his/her behaviour, that is they will like to behave maturely to show that he/she is old enough. But in Nigeria the story changes why? All what we are all enjoying today are all what our heros laid down for us. Let all say change begins with me.

I like the way you ended it that the change begins with you, there are lots of countries whereby you see the people showing mass solidarity against the rule of the government in their own regions and this is jot nee anymore, take a look at the rate they use many means to fight against a government, just because they wanted a change but if they were to be there, thiers could be more worse because those in position today don't actually comes from another planet, they were our fellow brothers, uncles and fathers abusing the system of government with politics.

It actually an independent day celebration but in a dependent way, if the British colony could not withold us from being independent, respected out right to live a life of freedom and grant us thatbwe request, why can't the government also gibe hearings to the people's demand for freedom in handling their financial life, isn't it a case of suffering but smiling?.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Gormicsta

Activity: 168
Merit: 75

View Profile
April 09, 2024, 12:56:37 PM

My fellow Nigerians, as we celebrate the independence of our cherished country today, it is fitting to reflect on the aspirations of those who fought tenaciously for self-government. It exhorts us to make the most of the opportunity to reflect and assess whether the Nigeria we are has met our expectations as proud Nigerians. The time has come, in my opinion, to elect leaders who have the intelligence to use public finances to advance equality, strengthening the foundations of our nascent democracy and ensuring that the system works. It is crucial to thoroughly assess the behavior of potential leaders in light of their political motivation and capacity for duty.

I appreciate that these concepts may be difficult to execute, but I believe it is necessary to attempt. It is critical to establish a healthy democracy in Nigeria, which begins with the election of capable and dedicated leaders. We cannot anticipate our country to change immediately, but by taking tiny measures, we can have an impact. It is also vital to strengthen the capacity of government institutions so that they may more successfully carry out their obligations, including enhancing the number of persons who are eager to run for office or selecting someone who is competent, inspired, or has the necessary skills to execute the job properly.
KupaCrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 09, 2024, 06:19:54 PM

I appreciate that these concepts may be difficult to execute, but I believe it is necessary to attempt. It is critical to establish a healthy democracy in Nigeria, which begins with the election of capable and dedicated leaders. We cannot anticipate our country to change immediately, but by taking tiny measures, we can have an impact. It is also vital to strengthen the capacity of government institutions so that they may more successfully carry out their obligations, including enhancing the number of persons who are eager to run for office or selecting someone who is competent, inspired, or has the necessary skills to execute the job properly.

The goal of independence when our freedom we received when the fight and call for unity, and our vision we believed, many years have gone by quickly, years of struggles , hopes and pains , but Nigeria we still United, and our hope for a better future remains,  in as much as our leaders have failed us, let's still work for the good of our country, because arise o compatriots Nigeria's call and been the patriotic citizens we are we must obey this call because this is the only country, let's  pledge our allegiance to Nigeria our country, build our nation, defend our country, for this is our future, our glory and our story.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: