Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Klien_br $250  (Read 162 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2022, 12:44:51 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2022, 01:43:38 PM by TimtheYoutuber

Sad we have to continuously do this. However we will let the community decide this as we want to work in good faith and offer arbitration for disputes. If you think we should refund $250 then please comment, you must have a Bitcointalk account that is somewhat active and obviously not a new account/scammer. If you don't believe we should refund then you can post as well. 10/5/22 at 8PM PDT the poll will end. If the client can create a write up on his thoughts and post below, we can post it in the main post for fair reporting. (The client is sent this link)

The poll is whether we should give a refund or not. We will not release any code as we don't believe this is legit.

In your post please include the following to have your vote counted. 1 per member.

You should give a full refund.

You should not give a refund.

Link to the Client in question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=977526

Here is the outline of the clients website

Client has fixed interest rates which we thought was a placeholder, but in fact he is trying to advertise guaranteed rates. Essentially you sign up to the site and pay a fee to become a member. When you sign up and become a member, you can earn interest. The membership fee you pay goes to the interest yield. You make more money when you refer people to the platform. That is it, no other benefits are listed which became a redflag to us.

Klien_br contact us for some smart contract and design development. As part of our invoice, the client got our terms which state we don't work with scams and offer no refunds in the event the product/service/company is scamming or is fraudulent.

Here is the bottom of the invoice the client received and didn't have any objections to.

We do our best to vet every company we work with prior to starting any development, but when you're getting a bunch of request for jobs sometimes projects can fall through the cracks. With this project, we asked Klien_br to provide some documentation on the interest rates his company was offering. We wanted to know where the interest yield was coming from, and the client explained that it came from referring others to the site, in which they would pay a fee and that fee would be used to generate yield. This is obviously a red flag, and so we asked for more documentation on this. The client didn't have any.

We started the development on the $250 development which was already very fair, then upon realizing the project could be a scam we stopped development and asked the client for documentation so we could feel better about releasing any code. Whether a project has a good business plan or not, is not the argument. It's whether the project posses a legitimate risk to the community as being a scam. We don't want to facilitate that, and already started the development and used wages to code. Will leave it up to the community to decide.

We asked that the client send us more information on their interest rates.

We ask again for more documentation as the client has never sent any. He doesn't have any documentation for a project he is trying to start.

Multiple days later the client still wouldn't supply any information over the project.

When the client couldn't think of anything else. He states that the reason for the lack of documentation is because he wants an NDA signed. We accepted and the client still wouldn't send anything.

Client agrees to let the community decide

Below is the client argument

He is the next post so I won't add it here.

Positivebetting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klien_br

Activity: 402
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 03, 2022, 01:31:47 PM

This is my side of the story,

I expected to build something which is entirely driven by the community. I have worked with a plenty of such projects where the entire concept is decentralised and written in the smart contract which is inevitable. The same were my thoughts before starting on with this project and for this I hired TimtheYoutuber as he agreed that he can develop such platform in $250 (which in the first place was much lower than other bids. It's where our suspicion begins).

About the project - it would be a platform where users need to bring other users on board in order to earn something. Yeah we know this looks ponzi/scam and for that we were building a completely decentralized platform where no one would actually have control. Everything was to be written in the smart contract. How could it be scam if no one has access to the funds locked? I'll explain the working in dept if required by other members.
We(crypto community) wish to build something which would be rare and liked by the community. For this, we come up with a number of ideas and this idea was one of those. I never had any intentions to scam. If I had any, why would I insist on building a decentralised project? Everything written in the smart contract is inevitable. It would have been an automated program which works on user's demand.

Coming onto the deal, Tim promised to complete the project for $250 in 72 hours. I explained each and everything before hand and Tim agreed he can work on such project. He than took $250 from me and than started giving reasons why he can't work on this. He thoroughly studied the project before starting. Why did he take the money from me if the task was suspicious for him? Maybe he took the money from me expecting he would simply deny for completing calling it a scam. Which clearly states that he had intentions to scam. He even denied to sign a NDA stating I am not a US resident. Anyone around the globe can sign a NDA so why gave me a false reason?

Secondly, Tim started deleting our chat on telegram which clearly stated his shaddy intentions. I asked a few of genuine questions which he wasn't able to answer and neglected them.
Why would he delete the entire chat if he was not wrong in the first place? Also the screenshots above just clarify his side. He deleated the entire chat leaving me at no point but fortunately I have some of the screenshots half posted by him. Before this thread, I was not really sure if he is a scammer but now I am damn sure he and forestvisions are true scammers.

--One major part--

None of the genuine companies have the right to make the client's project publical. Tim surely broke this rule. He clearly exposed all of my company details. Isn't this against the rules? How can anyone trust Tim with their project credentials anymore if he blindly makes it all publical? I have no issues in this though but this clearly states the breach in deal.

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2022, 02:28:30 PM
Merited by klien_br (1)

Although I don't think this is legit. I will refund the client regardless of the outcome on this. I have PM'd to get an address and will have him confirm when he gets it.

Will keep this open until the refund has been made.

Positivebetting
klien_br

View Profile
October 03, 2022, 02:40:07 PM

Although I don't think this is legit. I will refund the client regardless of the outcome on this. I have PM'd to get an address and will have him confirm when he gets it.

I had no intentions to build a scam platform. No point proving it now but just want to clear my side. Explained it to OP as well (In TG).

Glad you are ready to refund. Though this whole process wasted more than 5 days of mine. But I concluded that forestvisions and TimtheYoutuber are not scammers as they agreed to refund.

I'm deleting my post in services section to uplift my accusations.

OP was asking for 5 days to refund. The reason he stated was- coinbase is slow and needs 5 days. Later we agreed on bitcoin refund. I'll post my address here or in PM to OP.
M-BTC

Activity: 243
Merit: 232

Digital scarcity is a one-time discovery.

View Profile
October 03, 2022, 03:15:08 PM

Two scammers accusing eachother of being a scammer? This might be a first!

klien_br

View Profile
October 03, 2022, 05:59:04 PM

I confirm that I have received the refund of $250 from OP via bitcoin.

Two scammers accusing eachother of being a scammer? This might be a first!
And what makes you call us scammers?
I farm accounts which itself is not an easy task. My work is to deliever loyalty even if it isn't much appreciated here. Never scammed anyone nor will do in the future so please mind what you say.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: