Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much monthly BTC do you plan to "save" into USD?
5 BTC - 4 (28.6%)
50 BTC - 4 (28.6%)
200 BTC - 1 (7.1%)
500 BTC - 0 (0%)
1000 BTC - 0 (0%)
2000 BTC - 5 (35.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USD savings plan  (Read 889 times)
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 10:26:18 PM

So, my plan as of right now is 50 BTC / month. 

I plan to put 50 BTC into USD each month going forward whether the price jumps to 10 BTC/$ or if it drops to 10 bitcents / $. 

By steadily putting out money over time, it will average out the price that I buy BTC for. This is simply a long term savings plan and I assume I'm not the only person doing this.

Also, if we assume all central banks are selling dollars, we need $200M "purchased" by citizens daily or about $6B1 a month. 

At current prices this requires, 2000000000 BTC a month. Granted some people are purchasing/selling speculatively based on current price, but another population of people could be "savers" like me.

Hopefully, this poll can give an idea of who will be steadily flowing bitcoin into USD over the coming months.  If there's not 2B1 BTC / month, then the price is sure to drop again before the end of 2012.

Feel free to update your vote as you adjust your plan.  We'll see how much data we can gather here.

1: 109 (American system)

This post is intended as a joke, in response to Edward50's post.[/size=5pt]
well the heck is the 0 option, if you decide not to save?
What kind of poll is this.

I did read the forum rules carefully, and it states nothing about implied copyright. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum. Therefore, this post is cast as a parody and therefore does not violate kjlimo's implied copyright of content.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 11:19:08 PM

I take it you are trying to mock my poll? 

So the banks don't "sell" USD.  The Federal Reserve issues USD through banks.  Where are you calculating your inflation from?

Is this just a joke, or are you actually trying to accomplish something here?

The difference between USD and BTC is that it's possible for USD to infuse a lot of wealth into the BTC market.  It's not going to be as much the other way around.  There will only be a few players who can even do something like this.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 11:21:07 PM

Yes, this is a joke. Read the fine print.
This post is intended as a joke, in response to Edward50's post.

I did read the forum rules carefully, and it states nothing about implied copyright. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum. Therefore, this post is cast as a parody and therefore does not violate kjlimo's implied copyright of content.
If this is damaging to your possessions or brand, I will gladly remove it.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 04:37:38 AM

Yes, this is a joke. Read the fine print.
This post is intended as a joke, in response to Edward50's post.

If this is damaging to your possessions or brand, I will gladly remove it.

haha, I appreciate that there is such language to protect my "implied copyright of content."  No I've got tough skin, and I'm sure if anyone read your post it only helped give mine some more light.

I take it you are a bitcoin miner who dumps all mined coins ASAP?  That's fair, but you rely on morons like myself who plan to gobble them up from miners such as yourself Smiley

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: