Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reseter for GPU miners - a collection of $ for the project  (Read 218 times)
drawer (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2022, 01:42:54 PM

I am presenting a "reset" device used for self-resetting of cryptocurrency miners (GPU) based on the PC motherboard under construction. The device can
can also be used wherever there is a PC motherboard with pins corresponding to the power sw output.

Principle of operation:

- The program checks the availability of a suitable host in the local network through a network command of the PING type. When there is no response to the PING command,
the appropriate sequence is executed which turns the computer / server on and off.
- the server must be network connected through the RJ45 connector to the local switch
- the server is additionally connected with a 2-wire low-voltage cable (e.g. telephone). On one side, the cable connects to one of the outputs of the relay module
and on the other, it connects to the server's motherboard directly to the pins with the MB output.
- the user sets the reseter's working parameters via the website

for more information follow this kickstarter link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reseter/reseter?ref=project_link&fbclid=IwAR00gKwkrWQdfJ98znWm7OOlNH2GMji6swZDQ1Tf44Sx-JNfT5hfU9ORXBM
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 03, 2022, 01:27:18 PM

You do realize there are multiple solutions already available for this right?

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 03, 2022, 03:35:52 PM

For a long time I have had a universal device for all cases, this is a smart Wi-Fi socket. The socket costs 10-15 dollars, it is very easy to set up and allows you to turn on, turn off and restart the mining farm using your mobile phone. I didn't use watchdogs.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 03:19:08 PM

So how much is this magic device costs?you know miners poor now  Sad
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
November 07, 2022, 09:48:21 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2022, 10:24:17 AM by sxemini

I am presenting a "reset" device used for self-resetting of cryptocurrency miners (GPU) based on the PC motherboard under construction. The device can
can also be used wherever there is a PC motherboard with pins corresponding to the power sw output.

Principle of operation:

- The program checks the availability of a suitable host in the local network through a network command of the PING type. When there is no response to the PING command,
the appropriate sequence is executed which turns the computer / server on and off.
- the server must be network connected through the RJ45 connector to the local switch
- the server is additionally connected with a 2-wire low-voltage cable (e.g. telephone). On one side, the cable connects to one of the outputs of the relay module
and on the other, it connects to the server's motherboard directly to the pins with the MB output.
- the user sets the reseter's working parameters via the website

for more information follow this kickstarter link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reseter/reseter?ref=project_link&fbclid=IwAR00gKwkrWQdfJ98znWm7OOlNH2GMji6swZDQ1Tf44Sx-JNfT5hfU9ORXBM

Hmm they use a 20$ dollar relais modul from aliexpress - make a case with 3D printer - and a better userinterface -> for over 230€? To expensive

I built the same resetter myself for $40 - 3 years ago Roll Eyes such a thing is not needed, and if someone builds such a resetter - the price should be under $80, but only if the user interface is better than the original one  Cheesy
You find this controlable relais boards on aliexpress for example in different sizes with a integrated webinterface to set the relays/restart the rigs.

Here is a relais modul with 16 relais for 16 rigs - if you no how to connect to your rigs.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001135209856.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.291d399acvAE0s&ad_pvid=202211070147081780175363640900031601137_4&s=p

I also made some plans for building such device for under 100$ retail price in the past. I created the case, had some plans for better connectors on the relay board side and so on - but I have been no software developer so for the user interface. Maybe we have some good coders here and make a forum project?

Simplemining had the same resetter in the past for resale - but with better connectors and also for over 200$
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.0
miner29

View Profile
November 08, 2022, 02:56:11 AM

You can buy a wifi power plug for $5-$7 and reset / reboot from anywhere in the world from your phone.  This whole problem was solved years ago.  Ive had 45 rigs on them for years.  Look at Amazon/aliexpress for smart plugs.

This is not hard people.
sxemini

View Profile
November 08, 2022, 09:48:34 AM

You can buy a wifi power plug for $5-$7 and reset / reboot from anywhere in the world from your phone.  This whole problem was solved years ago.  Ive had 45 rigs on them for years.  Look at Amazon/aliexpress for smart plugs.

This is not hard people.

So and i pay 20$ for a resetter for 16 rigs. i think i have the better deal Wink and smart plugs are no solution. i can reset, shutdown and start my rigs and if i want from all over the world - routing over your homerouter and dns service is no magic to have access to your farm from any place.
It's a pity that nobody is interested in my post again - but in a few weeks there will be threads like this again.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3217

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2022, 09:18:58 PM

You can buy a wifi power plug for $5-$7 and reset / reboot from anywhere in the world from your phone.  This whole problem was solved years ago.  Ive had 45 rigs on them for years.  Look at Amazon/aliexpress for smart plugs.

This is not hard people.

So and i pay 20$ for a resetter for 16 rigs. i think i have the better deal Wink and smart plugs are no solution. i can reset, shutdown and start my rigs and if i want from all over the world - routing over your homerouter and dns service is no magic to have access to your farm from any place.
It's a pity that nobody is interested in my post again - but in a few weeks there will be threads like this again.

but if your router crashes, you won't have access to that resetter, right?
btw. he supports 16 rigs. Can you manage each of them separately, or is it 16 in bulk? do they have to be physically in the same place?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
miner29

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 02:59:58 AM

You can buy a wifi power plug for $5-$7 and reset / reboot from anywhere in the world from your phone.  This whole problem was solved years ago.  Ive had 45 rigs on them for years.  Look at Amazon/aliexpress for smart plugs.

This is not hard people.

Many solutions for this.  Smart plug is very easy to setup and maintain.  Working great for me since 2017.  Many ways to achieve this.  Mine is useful beyond mining and even tracks and reports power usage by rig.  Does yours do that?

I dont mine at home but at my manufacturing plant.  This is a hobby for me. 45 rigs worth of hobby. 
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 09:12:37 AM

This is not hard people.

I saw such devices in 2018, but if you have 16 mining farms installed in one place, then there are probably staff on duty there to solve problems.
Wi-Fi socket shows the consumption of each mining farm and a convenient report.
sxemini

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 09:58:53 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2022, 10:15:49 AM by sxemini

This is not hard people.

I saw such devices in 2018, but if you have 16 mining farms installed in one place, then there are probably staff on duty there to solve problems.
Wi-Fi socket shows the consumption of each mining farm and a convenient report.

No i have no staff and the rigs are 1500km away from me. I am read the power consumption seperatly.
There are many ways to solve problems, i find a resetter the smoother and better solution, but everyone has other prefences.

This is not hard people.

but if your router crashes, you won't have access to that resetter, right?
btw. he supports 16 rigs. Can you manage each of them separately, or is it 16 in bulk? do they have to be physically in the same place?

Dude if the router crash - the whole farm is offline and you have no access to this kickstarter device also with no internet connection lol - but i don´t know, but router = crash - never had such problem in the last 15 years. But i also have a backup connection over 5g and a some programs like Anydesk to connect to the main pc, if other connections are not working. Yes i manage 16 rigs with 1 resetter every rig seperatly. He also use the same Relais modul from aliexpress. They must be physical in the same place, like the resetter from kickstarter.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 11, 2022, 08:14:19 AM

I have brillant idea for this. I can do robot finger that can push reset button when you call him  Grin i mean mechanical finger
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: