Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 09:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why it's not a good idea to leave your coins on any exchange  (Read 199 times)
sunsilk

Activity: 2940
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 01:10:44 PM

It should be a practice that don't leave most of your funds if you're not going to use them on exchanges. There are certain reasons why people are leaving their funds there and one of it as you've mentioned is about trust.
Maybe total of 5% of your funds should be put on exchange then other than that should be stored on your hardware wallet since this could make us more safety from any hacking incidents compare if we choose to put all or funds on exchange where attacks might possible occur to them.
Well, it's up to you on how much or what percentage you're willing to let it be seated there for so long. If you're using it at most times, you determine how much you may want to leave there at your own verdict.

To many reasons why not leave your funds on any of them even if how trusted they are and for us not to get any problems regarding on internal or external issues happening on exchange we should avoid to trust them 100% of our money.
It's not just all about internal or external problems that you may describe. But it's all about being affected by any hack that might happen to them.

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 02:19:14 PM

~
Surely this is a common sense now for most of the people and knowing that you are even leaving out personal information just for the sake of being able to register is quite concerning. If I can recall correctly, there was also a data breach back then in Binance and regardless if it was true or not, it is still alarming nonetheless.

If the security of your personal information is really important, the same could be said for your money regardless of how reputated the site/app is/was. There is no perfect security since everything has been coded, made and maintained by someone.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2646
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2022, 03:15:18 PM

~
Surely this is a common sense now for most of the people and knowing that you are even leaving out personal information just for the sake of being able to register is quite concerning. If I can recall correctly, there was also a data breach back then in Binance and regardless if it was true or not, it is still alarming nonetheless.

If the security of your personal information is really important, the same could be said for your money regardless of how reputated the site/app is/was. There is no perfect security since everything has been coded, made and maintained by someone.
From my understanding, there's nothing bad in making use of CEX or providing your personal information that's if the CEX is worth it and for the record, there's no way we can exchange crypto for fiat without the use of CEX unless we have someone who can do P2P trading with us.
Having said that, keeping crypto on an exchange CEX or DEX for the long term is what I don't support.
The issue about the Binance data breach if I could remember correctly happen through a phishing site, telegram trick, etc and the hacker was able to get user 2FA codes, API keys, and important info that Binance didn't state how important the information are.

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 09, 2022, 03:57:29 PM
Merited by suzanne5223 (1)

~
In some regions, P2P trading is a real pain anyway so I understand why plenty of people just prefer to use Centralized Exchanges rather than finding someone to trade crypto personally with. There is no issue with keeping your coins if you are actively trading, but if you're really going to hold it just like you mentioned, you're entirely risking your funds from these hacks.
Back when I was learning day trading, I completely forgot that I was sleeping on my funds that was stuck in Binance and I forgot to withdraw. Good thing I still manage to get it out so I can sell it since I quit trading that day anyways.

By the way, you should update your signature and avatar since I noticed that we're both in the same signature campaign. Hhampuz posted a new signature and avatar for the Winter season here in case you missed it. Smiley
Thanks for your input by the way!
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2022, 04:53:00 PM

some coins are still on the exchange and i am trading, not to leave the coins on the exchange but to do some trades to take profit. The main storage is of course using a personal wallet that is not connected to any exchange. Indeed, there will be many risks that can occur if the storage is fully using a centralized exchange, because we do not have full control over the assets that we have. Hardware Wallet is a safe choice as the main coin storage and security is guaranteed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: