Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there lots of accounts that seem abandoned?  (Read 436 times)
Marykeller

Activity: 1078
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2022, 05:37:43 PM
Merited by fillippone (2)

These are what I think can lead to someone abandoning his or her account in this forum.
I. Work: they are occupied with their jobs. I have a friend that is an active member of this forum before, ever since he started his banking job, he doesn't have time for the forum again.
2. Having a negative trust in their account.
3. Not being able to rank up or find a good bounty.
4. Loss of access to the account(forgotten password)
5. Can't keep up with the forum posting all the time without being paid

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1035

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2022, 07:25:40 PM

Can we take the forum to be like a social media platform like facebook for instance; when a user abandons his or her facebook account for some time does Mark Zuckerberg send email to the facebook users asking them why they have abandoned their account?
Such a thing does not exist or exist only in a company where you have to get tangible reasons to absent or officially reesign. Besides the forum has millions of people and it would actually be impossible do what you asked in Op.

I think the only person that will dispear and it will give the forum concern is theymos.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
November 18, 2022, 06:01:33 AM

These are what I think can lead to someone abandoning his or her account in this forum.
I. Work: they are occupied with their jobs. I have a friend that is an active member of this forum before, ever since he started his banking job, he doesn't have time for the forum again.
Such a valid reason... It will just tell us that not all here will stay forever and even these investors/traders also leave in the future like resigning from their job for a better place or opportunity. Perhaps, it always happens and the number is increasing, yet some will also fill them but still do not know how long they will stay in the forum.

It is just life and it was our choice to stay here or leave. Some people had enjoyed will stay but those who are not, of course, will leave.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Bhig Daddy

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 20, 2022, 07:34:23 PM

But I haven't been online for at least a year, and when I do, I only stay to read the most recent updates before leaving. Leaving your account unattended for three to four years isn't very cool, but you shouldn't worry too much about it since the forum is actually big enough for you to find your study interests and put your interest in contributing to them.
I'm grateful.
Magic-Money

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 03:15:48 PM

I still observed that and the forum is transparent to know everyone activity, if you want to know, but the other side, i think is the because of bear market that many people are running away, by doing another business to sustain their life and family.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 03:46:48 PM

There is no definite reason why many bitcointalk accounts have become inactive, however some users are known to have passed away or no longer wish to use the forum. Each has a reason, and I think only the user in question can verify the reason because all the reasons mentioned here by many users are just probabilities.

The following shows a comparison of active and inactive user data in the last 3 months [1]. Again every user has their reasons and it is their choice.

[1] - https://bpip.org/

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 673

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 09:32:10 PM

Probably the same exact reasons why people abandon their social media accounts? Mostly the fact that they're either got bored, or they forgot their login credentials and didn't care enough to gain back access to the accounts.
In addition, i will say that some of them purposely abandoned their account, and it's not that they have forgotten some accessibilities of their credentials, like some of my social media accounts is not functioning any longer but my passwords are with me, so i believe that maybe two reasons while people do abandoned their social media accounts, either they are fade up to that particular social media or they can't recall their login details.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
erep

Activity: 2296
Merit: 591

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 09:56:35 PM

In addition, i will say that some of them purposely abandoned their account, and it's not that they have forgotten some accessibilities of their credentials, like some of my social media accounts is not functioning any longer but my passwords are with me, so i believe that maybe two reasons while people do abandoned their social media accounts, either they are fade up to that particular social media or they can't recall their login details.
If you are meant is a social media account from Twitter, then the most logical reason is because they forget the password or other accessibility that cannot recover accounts such as losing email access or verification phone number is no longer active, some social media accounts limit their services if accessing without login then the choice Another is to create a new social media account for news updates about crypto on Twitter.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 673

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 10:02:49 PM

If you are meant is a social media account from Twitter, then the most logical reason is because they forget the password or other accessibility that cannot recover accounts such as losing email access or verification phone number is no longer active, some social media accounts limit their services if accessing without login then the choice Another is to create a new social media account for news updates about crypto on Twitter.
Like the way i explained, we have different dimensions that can contribute for someone not be active or be functionable in social media, really you are right, and if you peruse through our discussion or reasoning concerning this, you notice that we are having a similar point concerning the challenges of not be active in social media, i comprehend seriously that one of the major reasons while some people is not been active like before, it's because of misplaced of login credentials.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 10:33:34 PM

I've been going through the forum lately and I've seen alot of accounts that seem abandoned and I've been tempted to know what really happened to them.
I've been seen some high ranked up to hero ranked accounts and so much low ranked accounts that seem abandoned with last login showing over two to three years ago and I really wanted to know if the forum has any provisions to check up on its members either through email or whatever means if a member suddenly stops appearing online.

Please pardon me if this topic has been discussed, and I will be glad if I'm pointed to it So I can know what happened, and hope I'm asking this in the right thread.

Most likely, these accounts are temporarily abandoned or if not abandoned, maybe the owners completely disposed of their account and focused on a different path. My friend who introduced me to this forum is unfortunately gone and inactive at the moment. Also, there are also some users who got banned by the moderators for violating the TOS and Rules of this forum.

It somehow sucks if a well-known person here in this forum takes a break. Like, you see them actively discussing on boards then suddenly they just vanished. Maybe others are just taking a temporary break since sometimes, this forum can also be draining at the same time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 11:27:14 PM

I've been going through the forum lately and I've seen alot of accounts that seem abandoned and I've been tempted to know what really happened to them.
Death is a possible cause. Sometimes we don't get to find out that a member had passed on until a few years later when someone would stumble on something leading to such a revelation. Cases like that abound here. A second reason is loss of interest. At least I know of four people I introduced to this forum who got registered but stopped posting after awhile. They didn't even stay long enough to understand the workings of the forum before they stopped. Another could be merit. The introduction of the merit system actually made ranking up a bit difficult. That makes it also difficult getting into campaigns. Those whose sole aim is to earn find it difficult staying if they can't rank up and get into campaigns would just leave.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Obari (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 451

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2022, 07:30:01 AM

Like the way i explained, we have different dimensions that can contribute for someone not be active or be functionable in social media, really you are right, and if you peruse through our discussion or reasoning concerning this, you notice that we are having a similar point concerning the challenges of not be active in social media, i comprehend seriously that one of the major reasons while some people is not been active like before, it's because of misplaced of login credentials.

Thank you seniors for doing justice to this topic but I really can't find it easy comparing this forum profile to some social media accounts, because there are alot of privileges one could enjoy in this forum and I wasn't really bothered about some new accounts been abandoned but those accounts from even Sr member rank and a while lot at the Hero member rank been abandoned.
It is true that there are a while lots of reasons why an account just be abandoned and one prominent one is in the course of death.
I also learnt on the course of this topic that the forum didn't actually make provisions for email initially when this forum was created but got updated along the line and we new users should always make try as much as possible to always update and verify our linked email.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Cryptodebjoe

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Steady grinding

View Profile
November 26, 2022, 03:38:18 PM

Thank you for you Mr candid response to be honest I work as a public servant when my friend introduced me to Bitcoin talk he showed me how much he was making and the opportunities that abound. So I joined I was active because I was working in a section that gave me time to log on my internet and make a few post so my activity rose up but in about 2 months I didn't get any merit I felt discouraged and this my friend never even encouraged me with any merit when some of my post were okay I read quoted researched before posting but never got merits I remained a newbie then suddenly I was posted to an office that i hardly come online due to the nature of the job my activity reduced and my posting reduced then just last week when I opened I noticed that I'm suddenly a junior member with about 5 merits to my name... So I'm kind of encouraged to be posting at least weekly irrespective of my schedule....
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: