Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox blocks account! Verification takes forever! Stop Grabbing people's funds  (Read 3896 times)
Beroper (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 08:49:41 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2011, 10:39:48 AM by Beroper

Mtgox verification takes forever ?! Stop Grabbing people's funds !

It has been 2 weeks that mtgox blocked and freezed 2 of my accounts without reason.

Merge request, id are submitted since the day they blocked them.

Nothing has improved until now but only Emails asked me to wait !!!
always wait wait wait,as soon as they finish,etc....

I wouldnt really want to get verified. Mtgox just suddenly blocked and freezed my accounts to forced me to do so!! Now they successfully put me into inferiority, makes me to wait such long time!

Who can be responsible for the trade lose & earnings opportunity lose between this interrupt, do you, Mtgox?! The reason BitCoin grows up everyday is freedom, anonymity, unlimited, Mtgox broke all of 3, are you/Mtgox trying to destroy people's faith on BitCoin? Or Mtgox just wants to block some accounts and scam people with some whatever AML policy (Your account has been permanently blocked cuz of our aml and no reason will be given stuff...) to make some quick money like paypal/shit poker/etc does ?

Many companies provided good service at the beginning, never block client's accounts, no trouble at all, once they got strong, once they grow up, they start to treat clients bad, they start to scam their clients. because they think even they do so, still no one can affect any thing about their "large" business.

Very disappointted and angry with support team of Mtgox, and their work efficiency.

By the way, Can you Mtgox refund all my usd and bitcoins back to where i deposited Right Now (refund usd back to my LR account and btc back to My bitcoin address) ? I dont want to deal with you guys anymore, i am not paying for people to block & grab my funds! And if this goes on, Maybe, you are the next Victim!

Being the biggest and top bitcoin Exchanger does not give you privilege to block whatever you likes, on the contrary, You should do your best to provide a better/faster/stabilize service for all your clients, contributes to bitcoin, always remember this !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 08:54:24 AM

Invest in a new exchange.  You'll make way more than you will trading on mtgox and you can address some of these issues.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 09:00:01 AM

try contacting magicaltux on irc...

Mtgox are bound by laws, you know? if they break them they get fines/goes to jail. and then there will be no Mtgox.
if you don't like them go use another exchange, eg. the one in my sig.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Beroper (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 09:22:02 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2011, 09:41:04 AM by Beroper

try contacting magicaltux on irc...

Mtgox are bound by laws, you know? if they break them they get fines/goes to jail. and then there will be no Mtgox.
if you don't like them go use another exchange, eg. the one in my sig.

sorry, this is not an excuse they can do thing like this. not acceptable. many companys are just at low level of efficiency, many of them also do such thing to scam people and make quick money, you know?

however, thanks for your advise.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 09:53:00 AM

Being the biggest and top bitcoin Exchanger does not give you privilege to block whatever you likes, on the contrary, You should do your best to provide a better/faster/stabilize service for all your clients, contributes to bitcoin, always remember this !

Being the biggest and top bitcoin exchange does not give us the privilege to go against the law, either. We are trying our best to have bitcoin recognized legally in various parts of the world, and this can only happen by staying in line with the law.

Now, the only case in which we block an account again after an ID has been submitted is when that ID comes back negative from the verification team. This could be either due to the fact the scan was of too low quality, or other reasons. In that case a police investigation is opened to allow a check against the actual ID database of the issuing country or state. This takes time (depending on the country) and submitting a notarized ID can help make things faster.

Anyway posting on the forums without any way to identify you makes it difficult to know exactly what the case is.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 10:07:03 AM

what is required to make SEPA transfers? passport + proof-of-resident?

proof-of-resident, but what is this what does qualify for this? just some document? random stuff? i im having a hard time figuring out how to do it...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:17:37 PM

what is required to make SEPA transfers? passport + proof-of-resident?

proof-of-resident, but what is this what does qualify for this? just some document? random stuff? i im having a hard time figuring out how to do it...

Any document that proves you live at the address listed. A recent utility bill usually does the trick. A bank statement wouldn't as banks are not required to check you live where you get those sent. The registered address on an ID card wouldn't do either as most countries do not require you to update it if you move to somewhere else.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 03:03:43 PM

The reason BitCoin grows up everyday is freedom, anonymity, unlimited,
Sorry, but Bitcoin is not anonymous nor "free" of regulation. Maybe you need to grow up and get out of your rebellious phase-- and start obeying your legitimate authorities (obedience is a virtue!).

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 03:43:11 PM

Sorry, but Bitcoin is not anonymous nor "free" of regulation. Maybe you need to grow up and get out of your rebellious phase-- and start obeying your legitimate authorities (obedience is a virtue!).
says the mildly insane pool operator catholic, who put prayers into the blockchain...

Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 05:01:14 AM

says the mildly insane pool operator catholic, who put prayers into the blockchain...

Bitcoin maybe used to preserve anonymity, but MtGox operating as a bitcoin exchange still must follow their local laws to keep their doors open. I agree with that Luke is saying here.

Also, the argument to discredit someone based on religious belief and how they run a mining pool he owns simply reflects poorly on yourself.

And even though they may be the largest exchange available, that doesn't mean that they have unlimited resources to expedite things that naturally takes time.
I've had my share of issues that took time to resolve with MtGox, but one thing for certain is that they've come through each time provided I do my part to help them do their job.
I do think that they could provide a bit more personal and expedient service, but knowing they have a lot on their plate I can digress hoping it will improve over time. IRC is always an option if you need immediate answers.

My best advice is learn to be patient when dealing with bitcoin businesses in general when things go wrong. Even the official client is still in beta for example. Everyone can agree that there is much room for improvement on almost all sides of bitcoin community, but things don't just happen overnight.

MtGox is one of the few exchanges that have stood the test of time thus far and I personally consider them to be a great ally to bitcoin as they share the common interest of bitcoin being a success. They haven't given me any reason to doubt this yet.

It's not to say that users shouldn't advocate transparency and come forward with any wrong doings of MtGox, but as long as they have legitimate reasons to comply with AML regulations and enforce them, you should exercise patience and try to work with them to speed up the process rather than complain.  

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 08:37:59 AM

Bitcoin maybe used to preserve anonymity, but MtGox operating as a bitcoin exchange still must follow their local laws to keep their doors open. I agree with that Luke is saying here.

Also, the argument to discredit someone based on religious belief and how they run a mining pool he owns simply reflects poorly on yourself.

And even though they may be the largest exchange available, that doesn't mean that they have unlimited resources to expedite things that naturally takes time.
I've had my share of issues that took time to resolve with MtGox, but one thing for certain is that they've come through each time provided I do my part to help them do their job.
I do think that they could provide a bit more personal and expedient service, but knowing they have a lot on their plate I can digress hoping it will improve over time. IRC is always an option if you need immediate answers.

My best advice is learn to be patient when dealing with bitcoin businesses in general when things go wrong. Even the official client is still in beta for example. Everyone can agree that there is much room for improvement on almost all sides of bitcoin community, but things don't just happen overnight.

MtGox is one of the few exchanges that have stood the test of time thus far and I personally consider them to be a great ally to bitcoin as they share the common interest of bitcoin being a success. They haven't given me any reason to doubt this yet.

It's not to say that users shouldn't advocate transparency and come forward with any wrong doings of MtGox, but as long as they have legitimate reasons to comply with AML regulations and enforce them, you should exercise patience and try to work with them to speed up the process rather than complain.  

it was mostly a comment on "obedience is a virtue"... and mostly a joke

unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 06:34:29 PM

Being the biggest and top bitcoin exchange does not give us the privilege to go against the law, either. We are trying our best to have bitcoin recognized legally in various parts of the world, and this can only happen by staying in line with the law.

Now, the only case in which we block an account again after an ID has been submitted is when that ID comes back negative from the verification team. This could be either due to the fact the scan was of too low quality, or other reasons. In that case a police investigation is opened to allow a check against the actual ID database of the issuing country or state. This takes time (depending on the country) and submitting a notarized ID can help make things faster.

Anyway posting on the forums without any way to identify you makes it difficult to know exactly what the case is.

Nor does it give you the right to have shitty customer service and screw over customers like you have done to myself and several others....I will be happy to see the day that MGox is no longer in business let alone the top dog in the bitcoin exchange world.....
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 07:05:09 PM

Nor does it give you the right to have shitty customer service and screw over customers like you have done to myself and several others....I will be happy to see the day that MGox is no longer in business let alone the top dog in the bitcoin exchange world.....
please make this day come faster by using another exchange then mtgox. (see my sig)

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 11:16:25 PM

Quote from: MagicalTux
This could be either due to the fact the scan was of too low quality, or other reasons. In that case a police investigation is opened to allow a check against the actual ID database of the issuing country or state.

I'm curious about which countries are allowing you access to their government ID databases.  That's highly protected information in a lot of places and it can't be accessed by third parties without both a good reason and the permission of the person about whom you're seeking information.

Or do you mean that you're reporting these to authorities as possible fraud/money laundering cases?  I think you need to be very clear about it if your SOP is now reporting any case where a customer doesn't verify on request or where verification is inadequate to authorities for formal investigation of that customer's identity.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't comply with AML/CTF regulations, but I do think that you should be totally transparent with your customers about what that compliance entails.  We aren't just talking about you disclosing information in response to law enforcement requests or court orders here, we're talking about you actively initiating investigations.  Making this policy very public might actually deter some wannabe fraudsters from using your service, which would save you guys a lot of headaches and lead to fewer pissed off customers.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:07:34 AM

Quote from: MagicalTux
This could be either due to the fact the scan was of too low quality, or other reasons. In that case a police investigation is opened to allow a check against the actual ID database of the issuing country or state.

I'm curious about which countries are allowing you access to their government ID databases.  That's highly protected information in a lot of places and it can't be accessed by third parties without both a good reason and the permission of the person about whom you're seeking information.

Or do you mean that you're reporting these to authorities as possible fraud/money laundering cases?  I think you need to be very clear about it if your SOP is now reporting any case where a customer doesn't verify on request or where verification is inadequate to authorities for formal investigation of that customer's identity.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't comply with AML/CTF regulations, but I do think that you should be totally transparent with your customers about what that compliance entails.  We aren't just talking about you disclosing information in response to law enforcement requests or court orders here, we're talking about you actively initiating investigations.  Making this policy very public might actually deter some wannabe fraudsters from using your service, which would save you guys a lot of headaches and lead to fewer pissed off customers.

I cannot answer on behalf of MagicalTux, but we only disclose such data to Japanese law enforcement or issuing country when fake documents are found.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 11:54:16 PM

MtGox will also allow your account to be hacked and steal your money! 
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 08:42:10 AM

MtGox will also allow your account to be hacked and steal your money! 
...OR you are just so stupid that you install a keylogger on your computer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: