Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pickminer v1.4.5 NVIDIA & AMD -- Mining Software  (Read 737 times)
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
October 19, 2023, 06:49:07 PM

I agree with you that antiviruses consider mining software to be malicious. You can wait until the developers make it as convenient as possible for users, but I still think that you should not run miners on your main work computer. On a separate mining farm, you can do experiments safely if the miner provides more hashrate.

It's wise to be careful in a sandbox as well. If I experimented with closed source miners from unknown developpers I would do so sandboxed
from the other rigs, or wait for user reports.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 11:56:29 AM

Pickminer discord 6 online 23 members  Roll Eyes

BZminer started long time ago with such numbers of members in his discord, so this is no indicator.
But a good indicator is that the Developer not answering questions well.

@pickminer

you say the fee is not to high? I mean you compare it with well known and fast miners -> i never saw a screenshot of your miner or a hashrate comparising. -> devfee to high.

And again - what is the advantage of your miner, what make it special or better to other miners? I mean in your discord is also nothing to see or to learn about your miner?
Why no portable version?

so many unanswered questions.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 12:56:33 PM

I agree with you that antiviruses consider mining software to be malicious. You can wait until the developers make it as convenient as possible for users, but I still think that you should not run miners on your main work computer. On a separate mining farm, you can do experiments safely if the miner provides more hashrate.

It's wise to be careful in a sandbox as well. If I experimented with closed source miners from unknown developpers I would do so sandboxed
from the other rigs, or wait for user reports.
Almost all miners have closed source code, otherwise the developers will not be able to earn commissions from mining. I even remember when, when mining Ethereum, miners tried to block the time when the miner was working for the developer Smiley But still, the best way is to use mining systems, such as Hive OS, which check all miners before adding them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pickminer_ (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2023, 09:16:37 PM

you say the fee is not to high? I mean you compare it with well known and fast miners -> i never saw a screenshot of your miner or a hashrate comparising. -> devfee to high.
You can find benchmark here, not only pickminer Wink : https://github.com/s4oul/GPUBenchmarkMining

Why no portable version?
What do you mean about `Why no portable version?` ?

And again - what is the advantage of your miner, what make it special or better to other miners? I mean in your discord is also nothing to see or to learn about your miner?
You can see all information here : https://pickminer.com/
The main advantage is that we've added an interface that makes the software much easier to use than other softwares.

Maybe challenge yourself about your questions and also respond when asked a question.
devfee -> already answered
Screenshots -> Install and run, a screenshot can be fake.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 10:36:10 AM
Merited by FP91G (1), miner29 (1)

You can find benchmark here, not only pickminer Wink : https://github.com/s4oul/GPUBenchmarkMining

Why no portable version?
What do you mean about `Why no portable version?` ?

You can see all information here : https://pickminer.com/
The main advantage is that we've added an interface that makes the software much easier to use than other softwares.

Maybe challenge yourself about your questions and also respond when asked a question.
devfee -> already answered
Screenshots -> Install and run, a screenshot can be fake.

Fees to high as i said, you compare with old outdated miners or top tier FASTER miners.
Benchmarks are so old and outdated, and the combination slow miner and high fees makes this miner so obsolete

You don´t know what a portable version is? I mean i must install your miner with .exe why not like every miner?

Advantage is the interface? Many miners have an interface included, but i am sure most miner don´t need an interface.

Screenshot can be fake sure, but your install file can also be a virus, so this no reason. If you build a good and reliable miner, than you have no fear to show a screenshot, but if you know that your miner is trash or fake, than i would not post a screenshot.

And where the hell i don´t answer your questions? You don´t ask me anything, but i ask several times before. Why so salty? Only because we figure out that your miner is not good at the moment?
If this were a good miner, it would have more users - it is so easy - but no users show this miner is trash. I am open for new stuff, and i often test new miners, but if some is like you why should i invest my time? but this how french people acting with people from other countries.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: