Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this website safe?  (Read 115 times)
suzuri (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2022, 04:43:05 PM

I need to recover my passphrase, and found a webiste, but idk if its safe, its called bringbackmycrypto.com has anyone tested it?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2022, 05:21:25 PM

I need to recover my passphrase, and found a webiste, but idk if its safe, its called bringbackmycrypto.com has anyone tested it?
Seems a bit shady, wouldn't recommend that one. Instead, if you really want to take the risk (only if all other ways of recovering your pass failed) why not go for walletrecoveryservices  , they got some pretty impressive reviews and seem to be quite old in the space.

This one just blew me out lol..
PawGo
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

View Profile
November 29, 2022, 05:36:55 PM

I have never heard of them. Depending on your case (wallet type, hints, if there is anything you remember about your passphrase etc.) you may try to restore it yourself. Write here more details and for sure you will receive a help. For the beginning you may read this: https://btcrecover.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Usage_Examples/UsageExamples/ to see if any of that examples looks familiar.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
November 29, 2022, 07:42:12 PM
Merited by RickDeckard (1)

and found a webiste, but idk if its safe
This site was spammed on this forum repeatedly by a newbie who would post about it and then a day or two later delete the post, repeating this pattern of behavior over and over. As I've pointed out before, the site itself is largely plagiarized from elsewhere, and contains plagiarized blog posts predating its registration date designed to make it appear older and more trustworthy than it actually is. There are zero confirmed reviews or feedback from people successfully using the site, and the user in question is negatively rated for this suspicious behavior.

So no, it is not safe.

As I said to you in your other thread, if you share as much as you can remember about your passphrase then we can help you to try to brute force it yourself using btcrecover.
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7464

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 30, 2022, 09:45:53 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (4)

I agree with @PawGo. If you're willing to learn a bit about using wallet recovery tool and have fairly fast CPU/GPU, recovering by yourself is good alternative.

and found a webiste, but idk if its safe
This site was spammed on this forum repeatedly by a newbie who would post about it and then a day or two later delete the post, repeating this pattern of behavior over and over.

It's very likely someone report his post since some of his past post could be deemed as spam or off-topic.

As I've pointed out before, the site itself is largely plagiarized from elsewhere, and contains plagiarized blog posts predating its registration date designed to make it appear older and more trustworthy than it actually is. There are zero confirmed reviews or feedback from people successfully using the site, and the user in question is negatively rated for this suspicious behavior.

Few additional information about this user and the website can be found here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5398025.0.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████