Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:17:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's understand about what can be the actual long term holding...  (Read 362 times)
Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 07:38:41 PM

I understand that everybody cannot do the same thing at same time, we have short term holders 1- 6 months, mid term holders , 1-4 years and long term holders 5-10 years and above. Investors needs to categorize theirselves in any of this 3 categories and pick the one that suits you.  However,  if you as an investor that wants to invest into Bitcoin, you should consider nothing less than 4 years period to think of having profitable investment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 08:39:01 PM

I do see people come here and declare themselves as long term holders of bitcoin because they are holding for weeks to months; they are right because previously they were into intraday or sessional/trend trading which may not last for more than six months.
Of course those who say they hold Bitcoin will also trade with the Bitcoin they own. I think it's not a bad thing if we can take advantage of the opportunities that exist. It can also increase the amount of Bitcoin that will be held. But some others will hold Bitcoin without trading, as if they forgot about the Bitcoin they were holding. In general, people like this have a large number of assets.
For the people, who argue that they cannot lock $1000 for year then they should plan up for $50 or $100; that is very basic. If we stick with basics of investments then we can easily convert deep bear markets of bitcoin into moderate ones.
Yes, leaving a little of the money we have and investing in Bitcoin in any amount will also bring changes with high value, this can be done by increasing the amount of investment every week or month with any amount.
Vinaa77

Activity: 1344
Merit: 317

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 08:45:06 PM

Yes, leaving a little of the money we have and investing in Bitcoin in any amount will also bring changes with high value, this can be done by increasing the amount of investment every week or month with any amount.
We can invest in ways like this if the investment capital we have is so small or there is no special capital to invest. By leaving a little money in daily life, then investing in Bitcoin, of course, in a long time it will also be bigger. We can consider investments like this as savings. The surplus, if the price of Bitcoin increases, then we will get a bigger profit. In contrast to us saving money, the longer the value of the currency will be smaller. So Bitcoin is a better way for us to save.
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 09:21:10 PM

I understand that everybody cannot do the same thing at same time, we have short term holders 1- 6 months, mid term holders , 1-4 years and long term holders 5-10 years and above. Investors needs to categorize theirselves in any of this 3 categories and pick the one that suits you.  However,  if you as an investor that wants to invest into Bitcoin, you should consider nothing less than 4 years period to think of having profitable investment.
I personally prefer to be flexible in this case. Overall, I never classify which investor I am in, whether it's a long, medium or short term investor. but I always look at the current movement because indeed when something like this happens it is difficult to make guarantees and inevitably have to try longer than before but when my portfolio already has a profit in the amount that I am targeting then there is no reason for me to leave because my target was met even if it was only a few months.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 11:28:47 PM

It doesn't matter how long they hold it as long as they get the profit but if there are rules about holding then should everyone should follow but unfortunately, that's not how it works. In altcoins I can't say there's a long term holding since most of them are shit coins which is subject to pump and dump and you can't determine how long you would be holding since it's too volatile and risky.

Bitcoin on the other side is different since we knew how the market works and you can hold/invest in it as long as you know how the market works.

iamsange

Activity: 816
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 11:43:23 PM

We can invest in ways like this if the investment capital we have is so small or there is no special capital to invest. By leaving a little money in daily life, then investing in Bitcoin, of course, in a long time it will also be bigger. We can consider investments like this as savings. The surplus, if the price of Bitcoin increases, then we will get a bigger profit. In contrast to us saving money, the longer the value of the currency will be smaller. So Bitcoin is a better way for us to save.
At the end of last year I also had the thought of saving money in Bitcoin, meaning buying Bitcoin with savings which I consider everyday savings. Because for me it's also a very good thing to do because considering the benefits that can be obtained from increasing the price of Bitcoin are much greater. But for now everyone has to be more patient with all their investments because the market is still not showing good price increases.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 11:47:07 PM

<..snip..>
For the people, who argue that they cannot lock $1000 for year then they should plan up for $50 or $100; that is very basic. If we stick with basics of investments then we can easily convert deep bear markets of bitcoin into moderate ones.

Personally, short/long-term investment of BTC varies on its price on the market. It is definitely absurd to think that if a person plans to HODL long-term but the price of BTC exploded like a week from the time he invested, then it is a no-brainer for that person to sell majority of his coins for profit.

Either focusing on short/long-term investment, people should study the actual market and determine a threshold in the price they want to sell their coins.

In the abovementioned example, let's say a person purchases $100 worth of BTC and the latter's price exploded after a week making his investment from $100-$300, then he should sell it. If he HODLs for long-term and the price decreased, then a loss would be incurred due to the decision of HODLing "long-term."

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 07, 2022, 10:19:41 AM

At the end of last year I also had the thought of saving money in Bitcoin, meaning buying Bitcoin with savings which I consider everyday savings. Because for me it's also a very good thing to do because considering the benefits that can be obtained from increasing the price of Bitcoin are much greater. But for now everyone has to be more patient with all their investments because the market is still not showing good price increases.
By saving in bitcoins, we can get a greater amount of bitcoins when the price can decrease, let alone drop sharply. The number of bitcoins will continue to increase at this time, where the market tends to rise and fall, and sometimes the price drops even deeper. However, not many people can do it because many are afraid and worried about how long they have to save in bitcoins. But if they have determined how long they have to save in bitcoins, they shouldn't experience fear or panic instead, they can see it as an advantage to buying more bitcoins in times of downturn.
Vinaa77

Activity: 1344
Merit: 317

View Profile
December 07, 2022, 09:03:35 PM

Everyone will be worried when they see the current market conditions, but if we look back, this is not the first time this has happened. This means that the bullrun process will also occur in the future, it's just that we are waiting for the time. Interestingly, every time a Bitcoin bullrun always increases 10x from the lowest price. But at the moment we don't know if the current price is the lowest price, or it will continue.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
December 08, 2022, 03:57:31 AM

It doesn't matter how long they hold it as long as they get the profit but if there are rules about holding then should everyone should follow but unfortunately, that's not how it works. In altcoins I can't say there's a long term holding since most of them are shit coins which is subject to pump and dump and you can't determine how long you would be holding since it's too volatile and risky.

Bitcoin on the other side is different since we knew how the market works and you can hold/invest in it as long as you know how the market works.
It is true that holding altcoins is simply too risky and no one should consider doing it for any significant amount of time, however despite we know that bitcoin is different, even bitcoin needs some time to help you increase your wealth.

So while it is true that as long as you have obtained profits you are doing things correctly, I still think that holding your coins for at least one complete cycle is not a bad idea, as someone which is able to do that will soon realize the advantage of holding for such a long time and will most likely keep holding their coins even in the most dire circumstances.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████