Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:38:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concept for utilisation.  (Read 35 times)
Cryptostic (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2022, 06:36:03 AM

Have any cryptocurrencies considered pairing with a project like the library of babel?

quick refresher: The library of babel I am referencing is an online database of every possible configuration of a collection of random letters.

I was thinking about AI video generation and I had the idea of an extra capability where the AI reverse engineers a prompt from a video that you produce and ties that prompt with a seed that produces your video. Now you have a key that allows you to produce your video without saving it locally.

Then I wondered if the "proof of work" concept inside of cryptocurrencies could help us begin decrypting the library of babel. Seeking knowledge that might not even exist yet.

Instead of mining a fiat currency, people could mine for knowledge.

Is this not the kind of idea that crypto has been waiting for?

How hard would this be to dumb down for mass adoption?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 30, 2022, 10:47:15 PM

quick refresher: The library of babel I am referencing is an online database of every possible configuration of a collection of random letters.

How is that different than an online database of every possible configuration of random numbers? What use could it possibly have?

I was thinking about AI video generation and I had the idea of an extra capability where the AI reverse engineers a prompt from a video that you produce and ties that prompt with a seed that produces your video. Now you have a key that allows you to produce your video without saving it locally.

If you are thinking along the lines of restoring data from a SHA-256 hash. I have bad news for you. It won't work.

Then I wondered if the "proof of work" concept inside of cryptocurrencies could help us begin decrypting the library of babel. Seeking knowledge that might not even exist yet.
Instead of mining a fiat currency, people could mine for knowledge.
Is this not the kind of idea that crypto has been waiting for?
How hard would this be to dumb down for mass adoption?

The library of babel as you described it is not encrypted, so there is nothing to decrypt, and I don't see any way to get knowledge of collections of random letters. Random, by definition, contains no information.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: