Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just made an account on rstat.us  (Read 1607 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 02:56:30 PM

Basically this stuff is to twitter what diaspora is to facebook, except that unlike Diaspora, it's already working (you don't need invitation or anything) !

I guess you can find me by looking for "grondilu"

http://rstat.us

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 04:12:42 AM

License is WTFPL!  Hehe!  Smiley

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:49:13 AM

"wtfpl" ?

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:11:27 AM

"wtfpl" ?

From https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/WTFPL

The WTFPL (Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License) is a rarely used, extremely permissive free software license. The original Version 1.0 license, released March 2000,[3] was written by Banlu Kemiyatorn who used it for Window Maker artwork.[4] Samuel “Sam” Hocevar, a French programmer who was the Debian project leader from 17 April 2007 to 16 April 2008, wrote version 2.0.[5] It allows for redistribution and modification of the software under any terms—the licensee is encouraged to “do what the fuck [they] want to”. The license was approved as a GPL-compatible free software license by the Free Software Foundation.[1]

And the actual license:

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
                   Version 2, December 2004

Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified
copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long
as the name is changed.

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
  TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

Excuse the French.  Basically you just DO WHAT THE F*** YOU WANT TO.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 07:18:13 AM

Oh yeah I like it  Wink

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:52:27 AM

That is my kind of license!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 08:53:34 AM

I like the part "as long as the name is changed".  It's basically the only thing that matters.

steveklabnik

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 04:01:45 PM

Hey everyone! I made this. If anyone has questions/comments/bug reports, please hit me up.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 08:45:31 PM

Hey everyone! I made this. If anyone has questions/comments/bug reports, please hit me up.

Do you accept bitcoin donations?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
divergenta

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 09:38:30 PM

Why should one use rstat instead of indent.ca?
The basic conecpt seems to be pretty much the same as far as I can see. But I think I'll give try anyone.
At least it looked a hell lot better than bot twitter AND identi.ca in my opinion.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 10:50:58 AM

As far as I'm concerned, I registered to rstat.us because I didn't know about identity.ca.

steveklabnik

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 07:33:19 PM

Whoah. I assumed I'd get an email when someone posts in this thread, I guess I didn't subscribe right. Sorry for any thread necromancy.

Do you accept bitcoin donations?

Not officially, though I do have my own personal bitcoin account. We're planning on accepting donations in general once we get a '1.0' release out there, so it's not discrimination against bitcoin: there's just no way to give us money right now. Smiley

The basic conecpt seems to be pretty much the same as far as I can see. But I think I'll give try anyone.
At least it looked a hell lot better than bot twitter AND identi.ca in my opinion.

The basic concept is the same, and we actually use the same protocol: this means that rstat.us users and identi.ca users can follow each other! Which is pretty sweet! (Though our standards support isn't 100% yet, we're very close...)

As for why? Well, we think we have a significantly cleaner and better interface. And we're working on some features that will differentiate us from them eventually, as well. We wanted to get the basics down first. Smiley

One of the other reasons we've done this is to add ostatus support to Ruby. We've broken out all of our standards implementations into libraries for others to use, so if any rubyists want to build an app that'll interpolate with us or identica or diaspora, they can do so, and easily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: