Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hey there... be careful, this is a kind of scam that happening!  (Read 134 times)
Ludmilla_rose1995 (OP)

Activity: 1539
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 03, 2022, 08:32:53 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2023, 10:07:34 PM by Ludmilla_rose1995
Merited by digaran (1)

I don't know if this kind of topic ever existed because I've looked for it everywhere even on the oldest page but can't find it. I know the world of the internet cannot be separated from scams, why can this happen? that's because there are still many people who don't realize that they are walking under the control of the deceiver.

- after doing some searching on google, I finally concluded that there are a few types of scams that are common;

[1] Phishing Scam
"Phising" the word comes from the word "Fishing" an English word which means "fishing". In accordance with the meaning of the word, this mode of fraud uses methods to lure its customers via electronic mail
- I'm sure almost all Gmail or email users experience this, don't ever click on random links sent to your email, ignore it

[2] Money Mule Scam
Money mule is a type of cybercrime using theft method in which fraudsters will transfer a certain amount of money illegally. This method occurs when the fraudster obtains the desired amount of money from the victim by asking him to open a bank account and manage transactions
- I personally have never experienced anything like this, but you should be suspicious if someone has deposited a large amount of money in your account, don't be too friendly to new people.

[3] Sniffing Scam
"Sniffing is a mode in which criminals usually target the victims' devices," The targeted devices include laptops, computers, or smartphones or smartphones. "Usually they get the information on the device via a free Wifi network,"
- always make sure the internet network you use is safe, and always activate anti-viruses that can detect networks if you use public wifi.

[4] Pharming Scam
Pharming is the activity of redirecting users to fake web pages, even when someone types the correct website address into their browser application. This condition can be done if the pharmers get access to the stored internet address information. In their implementation, pharmers use a DNS cache poisoning strategy to collect data in a DNS cache database. For information, DNS cache poisoning is a technique to enter or poison the cache on a DNS server with incorrect information.
- this is one of the fraud tricks that are often done by cybercriminals, keep marking the sites you visit frequently.

[5] Pig Butchering Scam
The term "pig butchering" actually comes from the custom of breeders fattening their pigs before slaughter. In these cases, scammers "fatten" their victims with sweet promises of investment before taking their money. These scammers usually use fake identities and build personas as people with glamorous lives and many attractive photos.
- many scammers in crypto use this trick, people who use this trick should burn in hell, like the CEO Luna and the CEO of FTX sammmmm dammmnn

[6] Social Engineering Scam
Social engineering scams use psychological manipulation to get people to take action. Unlike hacking, when criminals attack weak parts of computer systems, social engineering scammers prey on human weaknesses for their criminal activity. In most cases, social engineering scams aim to trick people into providing personal info, downloading an attachment, or clicking a link. Their goal is to defraud or somehow harm the victim, in most cases financially.
- Why is being anonymous or pseudonymous important? so people don't hurt you.

[7] Spoofing Scam
Spoofing is a fraudulent act carried out online through various internet and communication channels, such as email, website, SMS, even IP addresses. Spoofers usually impersonate well-known people or organizations to trick you.
- do not trust 100% with someone who offers to help you, still research first.

Lastly, are words of wisdom from an inmate in my country!
"Crime happens not only because there is the intention of the perpetrator, but also because there is an opportunity. BEWARE! BEWARE!!"

a nice word from @mk4
— be smart, don't be careless, and be skeptical at all times.

stay safe everyone Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Odusko

Activity: 896
Merit: 509

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2022, 08:49:23 PM

Thank you for serving me a reminder of what the cyberspace criminals use to lure their victims and ultimately scam them, the best way to avoid scammers is never to be greedy, and don't trust people you don't know, and remain anonymous as much as possible. One thing I like about cryptocurrency is that it thought us about privacy and some of the coins like the Bitcoin network promote privacy which is why one can hold millions of dollars in Bitcoin without any third-party knowledge about the funds. And if criminals do not have any information to work with, there can't find a way to scam you, both offline or online. So we are encouraged to stay as anonymous as possible and never trust any stranger or offers in PMS or boxes.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
December 03, 2022, 10:13:04 PM

"Crime happens not only because there is the intention of the perpetrator, but also because there is an opportunity. BEWARE! BEWARE!!"

stay safe everyone Wink

This quote is important if you want to understand how or what makes people to fall victim. For a crime as money to take place the other party has also compromised, meaning there is tendency for the person to fraudulently take what does not belong to him but the smarter person wins it off.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 03, 2022, 11:35:12 PM

stay safe everyone Wink

This quote is important if you want to understand how or what makes people to fall victim. For a crime as money to take place the other party has also compromised, meaning there is tendency for the person to fraudulently take what does not belong to him but the smarter person wins it off.

I think we can all agree that any website or link being posted or message to you, claiming that they give free BTCs or cryptocurrencies is almost guaranteed a scam. If there is one thing I learned from scam busting for years, it is that there is nothing that is free in this space. They may claim that they have free services of BTCs on their disposal but on the other hand, you are required to provide your personal details + private keys that would definitely equate to you being scammed on their end.

At the end of the day, always be doubtful about the things that you see claiming to give free BTCs. Prevention is always better than cure and never risk your personal safety with what scammers are claiming to give you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 04, 2022, 03:08:53 AM

A more "complete" list: https://cryptosec.info/scams

But overall, while reading such a list is great, it all comes down to one thing — be smart, don't be careless, and be skeptical at all times.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ludmilla_rose1995 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2022, 12:46:55 PM

Thank you for serving me a reminder of what the cyberspace criminals use to lure their victims and ultimately scam them, the best way to avoid scammers is never to be greedy, and don't trust people you don't know, and remain anonymous as much as possible. One thing I like about cryptocurrency is that it thought us about privacy and some of the coins like the Bitcoin network promote privacy which is why one can hold millions of dollars in Bitcoin without any third-party knowledge about the funds. And if criminals do not have any information to work with, there can't find a way to scam you, both offline or online. So we are encouraged to stay as anonymous as possible and never trust any stranger or offers in PMS or boxes.
actually, my topic was inspired by the problems faced by these 2 newbie members;
warrior346@yahoo.com -- Am I being scammed?
➥ YoloSwagLord -- got scammed by a forum user for 450$ in BTC

actually, many of us are very friendly to new people and feel bad if we don't provide help for humanitarian reasons but many scammers take advantage of that and use our kindness/friendliness to make tricks and take advantage of us. stay safe!

A more "complete" list: https://cryptosec.info/scams

But overall, while reading such a list is great, it all comes down to one thing — be smart, don't be careless, and be skeptical at all times.
thanks @mk4 this is a very nice word Smiley

Ludmilla_rose1995 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 09:56:40 PM

stay careful guys,, scammers are always around, small mistakes can make your hard work all this time disappear like what happened to this woman.

‘Nothing left’: Teen loses $37,000 falling victim to alleged NAB scamstory
On December 3 last year, Aurora received an alarming text message that she believed was from her bank, which stated someone with a name she did not recognise was attempting to make a transfer from her account.

The message appeared to be from NAB, as it was from the same number and in the same text message thread as previous, legitimate communications from the bank.

This technique is known as spoofing, and is commonly used by scammers to appear more legitimate to potential victims.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: