Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:41:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SwapBridge.io - Cheap and Fast Bridge for Ethereum, BTC, Polygon, BSC  (Read 135 times)
SwapBridge (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2022, 11:12:46 PM by SwapBridge

Warm welcomes,

there is no launching a crypto related project without doing an announcement post on [Suspicious link removed] in 2017 I got myself into a mess by using multiple chains daily. Somewhat glad I recently stopped using Solana and trim down on wallets to keep track of. Telling you – taxes ain't fun.

While there are already some great projects maybe going into a direction I was looking for, I couldn't keep myself from getting my hands dirty doing a cross-chain bridge or swap that also includes non EVM-chains. There are some more decentralized-leaning project's out there, but those come with a speed/cost tradeoff. When I was moving smaller quantities cross-chain, I always went for the most efficient option and with the project, I tried to cater to this need of mine. The available features are sparse and not completely to my liking, but without spending too many long nights and getting thousands of government-tokens poorer, I wanted to see first, if anyone is interested in it to use. Anyway, here is what came of it:

Bridge ETH, MATIC, BTC, DAI, USDC, USDT from Ethereum to Polygon Matic and Binance Smart Chain and back.

I'm hoping for someone to find the offering useful. I want the focus on smaller quantities with speed and low costs to be the project's number one priority. For larger quantities, which I, personally, don't like to trust in other hands than my own, there are some great alternatives already.

If there is interest, I thought about doing less block confirmations, which are scaling with the transaction value. There are definitely some speed and gas cost optimization left. Currently, SwapBridge is charging a flat network fee denoted in the bridged asset. The network fee itself is dependent on the route and asset. For example, the network cost of bridging ETH from Ethereum to Polygon Matic is 0.00001 WETH or €0.012 ($0.013, for non-EU-plebs). Furthermore, all routes charge 0.25% of the remaining amount to cover the costs.

On the project, Rob is doing the Bitcoin side. The WBTC bridge isn't ready yet on the Ethereum side, though he already launched a swap feature (Roundtrip between Ether and Bitcoin).

There is so much stuff I'd love to do, like a horizontal expansion into offering more chains and tokens. And even more a frontend  rework, for it to be having more elegance like Uniswap. Moreover, entering the receiving amount first and doing a backwards calculation!

Really looking forward to feedback or questions.

Best, Andy

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1805

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
December 05, 2022, 11:58:12 PM

Wake me up when there is a bridge between the real Bitcoin network and all those other altcoins, otherwise you are misleading people here.

wBTC is not Bitcoin!
wBTC is not Bitcoin!
wBTC is not Bitcoin!

repeat after me:

wBTC is not Bitcoin!
wBTC is not Bitcoin!

All those other pseudo tokens on other centralized POS networks sold as Bitcoin are not Bitcoin. Bitcoin Network = POW.

There is only one Bitcoin, and I am pretty sure you know this

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crypt0t0k3n

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 06, 2022, 01:51:53 AM

very cool project, please release some sort of airdrop or token distribution model for governance so community members can be a part of the project if you need any help please pm I would like to help the project
SwapBridge (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2022, 01:38:49 PM

wBTC is not Bitcoin!
Not claiming it is. To add a little more depth to the topic And to be precise there will never be the bridge you're asking for between the current Bitcoin network and altcoins, as this is factual impossible.
Take wBTC as what it is. A "Bitcoin on the bitcoin network"-entitlement token issued by the wbtc.network. It's not a substitute to the Bitcoin network. Want to do something with Bitcoin entitlement tokens on Ethereum? Cool. To wBTC you go. I think it is a great project with great backing.

very cool project, please release some sort of airdrop or token distribution model for governance so community members can be a part of the project if you need any help please pm I would like to help the project
Thanks for your interest. If the project has traction, there could be some cool system in place to involve the community in governance or providing the liquidity. Currently, this is not something I or Rob would like to do, as without a community, this is BS IMO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: