Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:36:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius, Lealana and NastyFans coin give away competition...  (Read 775 times)
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 07:48:06 PM
Merited by Hodlshi (2)

I'm giving away the following physical cryptocurrency coins in a competition:

- 1 x Silver Casascius 2012 1oz round, 1BTC (redeemed)
    - 1 x Lealana Series 1, funded with 1 LTC
    - 1 x Lealana Series 2, funded with 1 LTC, (can’t remember if it is buyer funded or not)
    - 1 x Casascius 5 BTC series 1 sticker (redeemed)
    - 1 x Casascius 5 BTC series 1 sticker (redeemed)
    - 1 x Casascius 1 BTC 2012 with Series 2 back (redeemed)
    - 3 x Casascius 1 BTC 2013 with Series 2 back (redeemed)
    - 1 x Casascius 0.5 BTC with Series 2 Back (redeemed)
    - 10 x Nastyfans 1g silver round, Nasty Fans (no funds present)
    - 10 x Nastyfans 1g silver round, Nasty Pool (no funds present)

It's listed here on Bitcoin talk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 08:41:18 PM

We still have more prizes than entrants; if just a few more people enter, its likely all of them will get a prize,
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2022, 09:11:50 PM

Gave up.

ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 09:30:36 PM

Gave up.

Ah, would you mind describing your experience and reasons why? I want to identify barriers to entry as I'm thinking of moving all my business to the marketplace.
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2022, 09:36:01 PM
Merited by Mbitr (1)

Some Escrow I never heard about you need to fill in, weird products that make it look like risky business to join and now the coin task not there any more.

Mbitr
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 09:37:01 PM

Gave up.
Me too !

Would you like to provide a step by step guide ? Clicked on all your links and have been  going round in circles/ dead ends- gave up after 20 mins.
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 09:42:49 PM

Some Escrow I never heard about you need to fill in, weird products that make it look like risky business to join and now the coin task not there any more.

Ok so the escrow is a decentralised escrow that removes the middle man and makes scamming infeasible, so the trade is just between two parties. This is necessary because the buyer and seller are anonymous so could otherwise scam each other.

It works by each party putting up 100% of the item price. So when the buyer places an offer they actually pay 200%, and when the seller agrees to the sale they pay 100%, if the buyer is happy upon receipt they release the escrow and the seller gets 200% back and the buyer 100% back, if not they discus what went wrong in the sale. Escrow can be for less than 100% even 0% which is what one of the eBook sellers currently uses.

The escrow also means you can do neat things like send an anonymous seller your coins and they will send you a bank transfer, bank notes or even bullion. All of these have been offered on the marketplace, and it means you don't need to trust the seller as they have skin in the game.
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 10:01:52 PM

Me too !

Would you like to provide a step by step guide ? Clicked on all your links and have been  going round in circles/ dead ends- gave up after 20 mins.

Absolutely. It seems the listing has disappeared from the portal, not sure why..?

Any way here is a step by step guide:

1. Download Particl Desktop

particl.io

2. Get some coins

- Particl's atomic DEX (Basic Swap), this is built on Particl's encrypted decentralised messaging system, so its arguably way safer than a centralised exchange. You can trade Monero, BTC. LTC, Dash, FRIO and a few others.
    - Wizard Swap
    - Bittrex
    - ProBit
    - HitBTC

3. Make a bid

Make sure Particl Desktop has downloaded the block chain, after that it will sync all the current encrypted messages associate with the block chain, some of these are the marketplace listings. You will see the marketplace listings appear in the marketplace under "Market>Browse", so if you don't see it just wait patiently and keep hitting refresh.

You will also need to move some funds to your anon balance as this uses ring signatures and blinding to keep the buyer and seller anonymous. Go to "Wallet>Send/Convert" to make sure you have funds in both your anon and public balances.

You can then place a bid. Click on the listing and selecting "Add to Cart". Then under "Market>Cart" complete the checkout process, don't forget to add the password “crypto_competition” in your address somewhere so I know you are from this forum.

Once that's done I will accept you bid. I will message you on the marketplace's encrypted chat to confirm.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on and if you get stuck.
Mbitr
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 10:17:09 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2022, 10:27:41 PM by Mbitr

Dude - appreciate your efforts behind all this , but personally this is not for me.
Missing listings ?
200% / 100% ? Escrow ?
Refreshing issues ?
Honestly I do wish you the best , but buying & selling is easy with escrow - why make it complicated?
Obviously I’m just not getting this ? Smiley

EDIT - reading through again - to be involved do I have to buy a token/coin ? Still confused- apologies  Smiley
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2022, 07:22:01 AM

EDIT - reading through again - to be involved do I have to buy a token/coin ? Still confused- apologies  Smiley

Yes, you need to own some PART tokens to participate, about 2.5 PART should do it, which at current prices is around $3. That will be refunded by me at the end if you win, you won't end up spending the tokens if you don't win.

Just to reiterate, the escrow is there as a mechanism to ensure trustlessness. Both buyer and seller are anonymous, so this provides protection for both as an atiscam mechanism, its a necessary, but elegant design once you understand its purpose.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2022, 07:26:44 AM

as these items cannot be bought with BTC and require instead an alt coin - you should move this listing to the Altcoin marketplace - my opinion at least.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2022, 09:42:48 PM

as these items cannot be bought with BTC and require instead an alt coin - you should move this listing to the Altcoin marketplace - my opinion at least.

There is in fact a feature planned for next year where you can pay directly in the marketplace interface in pretty much any currency including BTC, and it will do a trade in the background using Particl's DEX to trade that currency to PART which is native to the market. Right now you can do this manually via Particl's DEX.

They had this working a year back with a CEX plugin, but the CEX changed its API so support that was dropped, but it was a good proof of principle before migrating to the more reliable Particl DEX.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
December 14, 2022, 09:51:37 PM

When does this give-away comp end? Sounds interesting and I'd love to check out your step-by-step guide but not sure if I get to it in time.

And, Mr ParticlAccelerator (nice name ; ) do you have an affiliation with Particl or are you just excited about the project?
Everything I was able to read up on regarding Particl does sound great... suprised there is really not much attention out there, can't even find many youtube videos on the topic.
Oh and last quick question: Was there a pre-mine or ICO etc?

Thanks!

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2022, 10:19:13 PM
Merited by Kryptowerk (1)

When does this give-away comp end? Sounds interesting and I'd love to check out your step-by-step guide but not sure if I get to it in time.

And, Mr ParticlAccelerator (nice name ; ) do you have an affiliation with Particl or are you just excited about the project?
Everything I was able to read up on regarding Particl does sound great... suprised there is really not much attention out there, can't even find many youtube videos on the topic.
Oh and last quick question: Was there a pre-mine or ICO etc?

Thanks!

The competition ends on Friday. The slightly longer version of that answer is I've paid for the listing to last on the marketplace for 7 days and listed it on Friday. After that the listing message will not be propagated by the network nodes. I guess if there is a sudden surge in interest I could extend the completion a bit to allow for people to enter, I get that onboarding with a new crypto, epically one this different, can be a big undertaking, but its worth it in my opinion.

I'm not affiliated with the project in any way, I just love selling online and crypto, this is the ultimate combination of both. If I could move my shop to the marketplace and get away from ebay that would be amazing. Ebay's centralised escrow is broken and even corrupt in my opinion as a centralised capitalists system favours the buyer over the seller. However the decentralised escrow is way more pure and I've had some lovely, genuine human experience with customers on it as it removes any scammers entirely, often we split the cost 50:50 when items go missing in the post etc.

Your right; particl's marketing is pretty much non existent, but their technology is just incredible. They are the typical cutting edge programmers who build amazing software but then forget to tell anyone about it.

Here is a video guide on how to buy stuff on the particl marketplace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_xp-r-g7s

When you watch the video just think that all of this - the money, contracts, images and chat messages are on the blockchain or SMSG network linked to it. This is real decentralization and it runs really fast. And unlike dark net marketplaces particl cannot exit scam on you and take all your coins. That is just incredible, this is the blockchain based future that satoshi promised us.
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2022, 04:02:42 PM

The listing has ended and the competition has therefore closed. I will contact the winners via the marketplace. So if you placed a bid please check there.
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 964
Merit: 397

View Profile
December 17, 2022, 06:08:13 PM

This sounds interesting but i think there would be better pages on bitcointalk to bring it to first. Once the technology has been vetted and proven then bring it to the collectibles page. I think there are other places on the forum that would take a deep dive into this. Good luck
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
December 18, 2022, 01:22:36 AM

Ahh, had a very full week + weekend, therefore couldn't check your step-by-step guide. Maybe tomorrow evening.
Still, kudos to you for doing this, wish I had more time to look into it.

Talked to some crypto-veterans, two people knew and tried Particl a few years ago. The lack of people using it, seems to be the only issue. :\

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Saxoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2022, 12:15:56 PM
Merited by JanEmil (1)

Hello, I'd to confirm. I'm that the winners.
Here's for chat / announcement.

This is my first time to buying at marketplace with some coin/token. Easy, unique and SAVE.

Marketplace has an account, but your privatekey is your account.  It's crazy instead of account created by email. As we know, how strong's security of privatekey.
Thank you very much for cool give away @ParticlAccelerator ,  Will update / sharing my experience soon here as proof.  

NFT's Sh*t
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ParticlAccelerator (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 09:05:29 PM

Items have been shipped to the winners. I must say turn out was not as high as I had hoped. However I gather the particl team have a plan to migrate a number of high volume eBay and Amazon sellers to the marketplace at some point next year, to get the market place populated with thousands of items to buy. So I might try running another competition at that point. It's going to be an interesting time, because it may be possible to pay for items directly in a number of different cryptos by then, not just particl coin.
Saxoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 11:02:45 PM

Items have been shipped to the winners. I must say turn out was not as high as I had hoped. However I gather the particl team have a plan to migrate a number of high volume eBay and Amazon sellers to the marketplace at some point next year, to get the market place populated with thousands of items to buy. So I might try running another competition at that point. It's going to be an interesting time, because it may be possible to pay for items directly in a number of different cryptos by then, not just particl coin.
Tracking ID received. Will update after items at my home.

NFT's Sh*t
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: