Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackRock says get ready for a recession unlike any other  (Read 78 times)
Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 09:06:28 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2022, 09:16:50 PM by Hydrogen

• The global economy has entered a period of elevated volatility, and previous investing approaches won't work anymore, BlackRock said.
  • A recession is imminent but central banks won't be able to support markets this time by loosening policy, according to the money manager.
  • "Recession is foretold as central banks race to try to tame inflation. It's the opposite of past recessions," BlackRock strategists said.

A worldwide recession is just around the corner as central banks boost borrowing costs aggressively to tame inflation — and this time, it will ignite more market turbulence than ever before, according to BlackRock.

The global economy has already exited a four-decade era of stable growth and inflation to enter a period of heightened instability — and the new regime of increased unpredictability is here to stay, according to the world's biggest asset manager.

That means policymakers will no longer be able to support markets as much as they did during past recessions, a team of BlackRock strategists led by vice chairman Philipp Hildebrand wrote in a report titled 2023 Global Outlook.

"Recession is foretold as central banks race to try to tame inflation. It's the opposite of past recessions," they said. "Central bankers won't ride to the rescue when growth slows in this new regime, contrary to what investors have come to expect. Equity valuations don't yet reflect the damage ahead."

The prospect of limited policy support means investors need more dynamic methods — involving more frequent portfolio changes and taking a more "granular view on sectors, regions and sub-asset classes" — to navigate the volatility ahead, according to BlackRock.

`Regime of greater macro volatility'

"What worked in the past won't work now," the strategists said. "The old playbook of simply 'buying the dip' doesn't apply in this regime of sharper trade-offs and greater macro volatility. We don't see a return to conditions that will sustain a joint bull market in stocks and bonds of the kind we experienced in the prior decade."

Wall Street banks from Morgan Stanley and Bank of America to Deutsche Bank have warned that US stocks could plunge by more than 20% in 2023 due to an economic downturn and liquidity risks fueled by the Federal Reserve's interest-rate increases. Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon sees just a 35% chance that the US economy avoids a recession.

A slowdown in the housing market, delays in corporate investment plans, a decline in consumers' savings and deteriorating CEO confidence are early signs of the oncoming economic slump, according to BlackRock.

Still, the stock market hasn't yet factored in the potential magnitude of the impending economic downturn, the strategists said.

"We don't think equities are fully priced for recession," they added. "Corporate earnings expectations have yet to fully reflect even a modest recession. This keeps us tactically underweight developed market equities."

The S&P 500 index of large-cap US stocks is up more that 12% from a 23-month low reached in October, spurred mainly by expectations that the Federal Reserve will slow the pace of its interest-rate increases after a recent retreat in inflation.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/blackrock-recession-warning-stock-market-analysis-2023-economic-outlook-2022-12

Everything inflationary and fiat based appears headed towards a crash.

This should be bitcoin's time to shine!  

BTC was designed and engineered to thrive during conditions such as these. Does anyone have an inkling as to why this is not occurring? Specifically? Having followed financial markets and news cycles for many years, I feel like I have seen more pieces of the puzzle than most. There are a few different angles to bitcoin not doing as well as an inflation protected and recession protected asset, as it should be.

I think most would agree inflation and recessions are terrible. What steps can we take to mitigate issues relating to these negative trends in the future? Can crypto be upgraded and rebooted in a way to offer hard inflation protection consumers around the world seek. What valuable lessons and insights can we takeaway from current market and asset trends? What have people learned from this disaster?

If you were rebooting bitcoin in a way to protect it from being traded like an equity. Which suggestions or alterations could be made? Would anyone be interested in hearing my ideas on the topic?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 09:23:11 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2022, 10:01:55 PM by franky1

BTC was designed and engineered to thrive during conditions such as these. Does anyone have an inkling as to why this is not occurring? Specifically? Having followed financial markets and news cycles for many years, I feel like I have seen more pieces of the puzzle than most. There are a few different angles to bitcoin not doing as well as an inflation protected and recession protected asset, as it should be.
what do you mean not doing well

forget the premium market of speculation.. that is not where value or store of value sits.

look at the real value(its found below the market)

2010: $0.03
2012: $3.00
2016: $300
2018: $3000
2020: $5000
2022: $15000

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 09:50:35 PM

what do you mean not doing well

forget the premium market of speculation.. that is not where value or store of value sits.

look at the real value(its found below the market)

2010: $0.03
2012: $3.00
2016: $300
2018: $3000
2020: $5000
2020: $15000

In past years, there were significant and tangible reasons behind declines in bitcoin price.

What reason was there in 2022 for bitcoin's value to fall the way it did?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 09:54:15 PM

you really dont get it do you

value is nt found at the ATH

the ATH is a speculative PREMIUM not value

value is found at the bottom

the ATH is not where the market is suppose to sustain/sit/.belong.
ATH are the temporary hype bubble.

the question is what was the cause of the late 2021 ATH...

the CORRECTION after the hype speculative ATH is obvious..
its to come back to good value amount

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 09:58:51 PM

the ATH is a speculative PREMIUM not value

value is found at the bottom

For an asset to lose a significant percentage of its value, requires significantly greater selling volume in contrast to purchasing volume, over a sustained period of time.

That doesn't occur unless we have news worthy events unfolding worldwide.

If we look at news cycles and don't see that happening, then market trading is an anomaly which does not reflect market mechanics or true market value.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 10:06:18 PM

do not ever try to confuse PRICE with VALUE
that is your mistake

(deflationary asset) value (real value) is not found at the premium and value is not found in the random speculation of the market

value sits below the market and then from that people then trade a premium and speculate a price to do business on depending on demand

barter(market) comes after an agreement of the masses on value

barter is more personal and ever changing in the short term. dont confuse to the terms

bitcoins value sits below the market. always has and is a more stable growth than you can even dare imagine. but it does grow and continues to grow..
the random sentiment of PRICE then applies on top and is more random and volatile and personal which changes without cause or reason in many cases

but there is good fundamental reasons why value is more then 2020's $50k and more reason why its more then 2016's $300

FIAT game is where you get it all wrong

in fiat a investor can hand over $10k to a worthless busness for 1% of worthless shares and then create their market cap as appreaing as a $1m value

because in inflation "value" is at the top not the bottom..

bitcoin is deflationary. so value is at the bottom not the top..
and thats where you got it all backwards

fiat valuations have it all wrong.

normal people know when some is priced low its valuable. yet fiat markets treat high prices as value..

Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 10:14:13 PM

value sits below the market and then from that people then trade a premium and speculate a price to do business on depending on demand

Bitcoin's past crashes were not the conclusion of natural trading cycles.

They were the end result of china banning crypto mining, silk road being shut down and other negative news worthy events.

You cannot simply look at low price trends to determine what the current price should be to calculate a linear growth cycle.

Or ignore that bitcoin's decline from its all time high in 2022, lacked the headline driven push of past years.

I have seen a few people post the correct answer to what caused the 2022 crash on instagram (of all places) and social media.

The truth is out there, although I couldn't say how far into public consciousness it has penetrated.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 10:38:54 PM

i do not even look at the market to get my "value"

the value i see is not found on a market wiggle
value is found below the market.

one concept is that the cheapest place to acquire bitcoin is not on the market
its mining.
and the lowest mining cost on the planet for acquiring bitcoin. is not found on the market. but is ALWAYS an amount that is below the markets speculation

no one can acquire bitcoin for less. so this amount becomes the sustained support and wall. that no one wants to sell below. which is then the value amount

ATH are not value. they are the premium. the ATH is discovered when all buys give up buying because in their view its too expensive to buy on the market compared to other methods they can acquire bitcoin

in 2021 the mining window from cheapeat industrial efficient miners vs the small hobby miners with huge expense was a $10k-$75k window

the market price wiggles of sentiment and personal speculation wiggled inbetween those numbers. it topped out at $70k becasue everyone realised they were paying to high a premium and knew they could get bitcoin cheaper by mining themselves below $70k a coin.

if you think that sustainable value is found at the highs of the market.. you are really missing alot about value

if there were 2 phones. one for $1k and another for $1.5k
a good valued phone is the $1k one.
but you seem to think that the $1.5k phone is more valuable
what if i told you both are the same model phone. just one person is selling the higher price one at a premium

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 04:25:43 AM

What good does black rock telling us there might be a recession today? Why didn’t they say anything a year ago.

No point in going short. Inflation numbers are still high but stocks are rebounding quickly, look how close Dow came to ATH only 6% off. You short here and you might make like 2-3 % off the indices max and itll reserve pretty quickly.

My grandma could of said there is going to be a recession 6 month ago. Everybody knows there is going to be a recession.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 07:35:55 PM

Everything inflationary and fiat based appears headed towards a crash.

This should be bitcoin's time to shine!  

I think most would agree inflation and recessions are terrible. What steps can we take to mitigate issues relating to these negative trends in the future? Can crypto be upgraded and rebooted in a way to offer hard inflation protection consumers around the world seek. What valuable lessons and insights can we takeaway from current market and asset trends? What have people learned from this disaster?

If you were rebooting bitcoin in a way to protect it from being traded like an equity. Which suggestions or alterations could be made? Would anyone be interested in hearing my ideas on the topic?

Unlike what you seem to believe, Bitcoin is just a currency at the end of the day. It's a way to transfer value from one place to another but should not be needed for any other purpose. It's nothing like a company, where money actually gets put to work in order to make more money which can then be paid out in the form of profits. It's not even like gold which has useful attributes in things like jewelry or electronics. At best it could be considered a collectible item but it's gambling if you try to predict which way it is going - as we've seen in the massive highs which have fallen almost 75%. Maybe by the time the next bull market comes around, which this is predicting could take a long time, it will climb back up again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 07:45:53 PM

I'm first not sure I can agree with BlackRock here in their assessment.  As someone who also closely follow financials (being that it's my job to do so), I've seen countless outlets predicting a recession for years now.  I remember back in 2016 there was a big "recession" scare that never materialized. 

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but I just wouldn't bank on it.  Yes this should be bitcoins time to shine, with inflation being where it's at, but unfortunately bitcoin is still too closely related to the stock market.  I'm not sure we are going to see this separation anytime soon (though I sure hope we do).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
December 13, 2022, 09:05:45 PM

I'm first not sure I can agree with BlackRock here in their assessment.  As someone who also closely follow financials (being that it's my job to do so), I've seen countless outlets predicting a recession for years now.  I remember back in 2016 there was a big "recession" scare that never materialized. 

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but I just wouldn't bank on it.  Yes this should be bitcoins time to shine, with inflation being where it's at, but unfortunately bitcoin is still too closely related to the stock market.  I'm not sure we are going to see this separation anytime soon (though I sure hope we do).

There were economic indicators that a recession was coming pre-COVID that had the financial sector a bit on edge, but post COVID it became obvious a recession was coming. Nearly all the big banks lowered their economic projections for the U.S. GDP, and of course, the U.S. economy largely has domino effect on the rest of the global economy. Europe experiencing large energy price hikes contributed to lower economic growth and the UK had a small bump in GDP recently but the central banks are still forecasting a recession.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: