Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neuralink & Blockchain Applicatons?  (Read 96 times)
Flexystar (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
December 19, 2022, 06:16:23 AM

Those who know about Neuralink already might have started second thoughts already after reading the thread title!

Some of them might be positive electrical surges or some of them might be negative electrical surges that flown through your synapses right after reading it. Now, that so called process of thinking is what makes our brain powerful and intelligent machine. Smiley

I am writing this thread because world's changing a lot and sometime I do feel we are ahead of the time in accepting futuristic technologies. After the World War I and II happened there was enormous growth in the inventions and they led to both good and terrifying technologies.

Today, just after little 10 decades we are talking about Wireless communications over smartphone to small chips on the computers. That also becomes thing of yesterday and we invented Blockchain, which brought another revolutionary way to store the data and have it's integrity for endless time.

On simultaneous scale, there are on going researches in the world such as
1) Powering the Cities with Nuclear Fission
2) Providing Internet to every corner of the world without wires - Starlink
3) Artificial Intelligence robots army as our servants and military work force

and most interesting and mind blowing

4) Neuralink.

NEURALINK - Interfacing with the Brain
We’re aiming to design a fully implantable, cosmetically invisible brain-computer interface to let you control a computer or mobile device anywhere you go. Micron-scale threads would be inserted into areas of the brain that control movement. Each thread contains many electrodes and connects them to an implant called the “Link.”

As you might have already updated yourself with the news that we can now have first Human Trial after 6-7 months which is already approved by FDA. This means the research associated with Nueralink is moving towards successful implementation in the human brain after pigs and monkeys.

Neuralink is initially being researched for the people who carries one or other form of disability due lack of brain's activity. This technology is piece of chip that can act as fully functioning brain on that spot and get rid of the disability.

Since we are "HUMANS", we are always greedy and want to explore more from the tech. Obvioulsy Elon isn't going to stop here. The paper does suggest Neuralink will be able to have interface with the various external devices through an Bluetooth connection thus we can control the devices and apps on the phone. From our past experiences we know that once such connectivity's start we can keep going on endlessly.

[Source]

If this is anyway going to be technological advancement then what is going to stop us from merging it with the blockchain technology? I mean there could be day when we will link us with Artificial Intelligence robots and control them with our minds.

Going further, Arab country has already launched their mega project of "The Line". It is meant to be futuristic and thus they are also going to invent unreal technologies to sustain the life in "The Line".

Considering the fact that we are moving at lightening speed in the future and thus could end up with the need of storing and integrating the "Data" over blockchain. We can safely assume that there wont be any paper or pen in the future. Whether its small purchase to big acquisitions we Humans will be able to pay, synch, store the data over blockchain with our "Minds" using the Neuralink technology.

I dont know, but invention of Blockchain and Neuralink and other on going research in the field of energy, all seems to be connected and all of them are at right spot and right time to move humanity towards intelligent life.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 19, 2022, 08:11:55 AM

If they invented something like link but without surgery, come and say it's the future, till then no thanks.

🖤😏
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 19, 2022, 08:42:02 AM

I cannot see the connection between neurolink amd bitcoin, buddy. Say, yeah, we have developed a lot of technologies in the past 100 years and these technologies have been allowing us to leapfrog our development in a way that never happened before. Nevertheless, I do not understand the connection you are doing between neurolink and cryptos. Care to explain?
Flexystar (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2022, 10:10:17 AM

I cannot see the connection between neurolink amd bitcoin, buddy. Say, yeah, we have developed a lot of technologies in the past 100 years and these technologies have been allowing us to leapfrog our development in a way that never happened before. Nevertheless, I do not understand the connection you are doing between neurolink and cryptos. Care to explain?

Ok this answer is for everyone guys:

I know that the primary applications are for medical conditions. However Link is far more than that. Since we are anyways implanting it and connecting with neurons, we already giving it access to whole brain and eventually to the hidden areas of the brain.

What I mean when I say Neuralink + Blockchain is:

If you read carefully then Link will be able to communicate with the everyday technology as well. Meaning, you will able to control the apps, write the apps too (one of the feature of link). Once we have technology ready for the general population use (after clinical trials) then developers all around the world can easily develop open source apps which will use Link's interface to let people use their brain activity to control the blockchain applications too.

We may have wallets with extended coding to communicate with our brains and store the Bitcoin or any other crypto currencies in biological memory.

The Link is using Electrical signals to communicate with the brain. With more than 80 billion neurons brain functions as bodies computer. By processing the images, visions, sounds by converting them into proteins and storing that memory in the brain.

Imagine, we can have interface where we will be able to upload the blockchain data in the form of electrical signals to our brain, which then will be converted into the proteins which will carry the information. For example, your private keys, your data associated with it. You can easily transfer the stored bitcoins with just one thought of sending it to a address.

We can have our own biological fingerprints to access these stored bitcoins or any data in personal space of blockchain. This will have enormous applications in all the ways, whether it's security of the data or storing of critical information on our brains.

Yup, I might be sounding too futuristic, but hey come on we are talking about something which is one step away from becoming the reality since the time FDA approval has come for the project.

Antonas1

Activity: 771
Merit: 293

View Profile
December 19, 2022, 11:43:37 AM

Neuralink didn't get permission to continue his experiment, did he? Because Neuralink still uses surgical operations to implant the chip. The failed experiment on monkeys was one of the reasons they did not get a license. But anyway, implanting a chip into the brain for a human in normal condition is horrific. Unlike Synchron, which has gotten a legal permit, they do not use surgery and are more focused on patients with paralysis.

The Line, or Neom, is an ambitious project of the state of Saudi Arabia. Seeing that it is located in the province of Tabuk, I think this project will be successful than the Neuralink project.

Humans love to make technology smarter than themselves.
Flexystar (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 03:20:42 AM

I am not sure why this topic was moved to "Off-Topic".

I really thought that there will be excellent debate on this technology. Yes, I get it that it's very new technology and feels imaginary but we are already half way through it. FDA has given permissions and human trials are pending in may be next 6-7 months after they suffice the internal FDA audits.

I really thought that engineers and scientists from the forum will open up for this topic.

It seems nobody look at this project the way future look back to us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: