Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why all the coins are getting cheaper?  (Read 2679 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:17:21 PM

less bang for your coin tis called inflation  Shocked

Well inflation due to increased supply of coins, yes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:42:11 PM

As bitcoin value decreases so does altcoin value, because the entire market rests on bitcoin being universally accepted. A large amount of coins still have not created services to break away from Bitcoin if they did and break away their value would hold. If any coin developers need help with service creation please contact us and we would be glad to help with service creation.

https://twitter.com/RaxeSoftware
contact@raxe.io

Raxe.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
lalakies23

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:43:05 PM

Because some people are not letting the Bitcoin to just die.

Long LIVE BETACOIN!
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:46:40 PM

I've only been buying Nxt now for months because imo, it's really the only one with something completely new to offer.  Development is continually happening, and the community has been strong since day one.  It looks to me that most people that complain about distribution are either just jealous that they didn't get an original stake (it's not like I did), or they're bitter that they couldn't mine it with all this money they've invested into mining hardware (you CAN mine it now at hashrate.org).  Normal, everyday people don't give two shits about mining, they're just going to buy coins, and Nxt has already achieved better distribution than bitcoin has.  I personally can't stand all these stupid country coins that have OBVIOUS artificially high market caps and nothing new to offer (they all seem to be litecoin clones).  So yeah, I'll be perfectly happy to see all these shitcoin clones die off.  Hopefully only a handful of unique coins will survive.  Nxt will be one of them.

+1

But if you keep speaking common sense you wont be popular on here.

Plus the 'unfair' mantra about IPO coins is ridiculous when you consider the whole point is for a coin to reach a mass market at some point in the future. So how fair is it that only people on this forum and in the Bitcoin community generally have all the future global wealth before everyone else???

I would argue that a NXT clone could take over NXT, I don't agree it should, but it might. NEM born out of the bitterness you spoke of could be the one.

Well I'm a stakeholder in NEM so we'll see Grin.  But right now I just have more faith in Nxt because the development is so strong and it's got a big head start as far as marketing and gateways and such.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:07:08 PM

I cant understand it. Maybe too many scamcoins flooding the market

YYmeans

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:17:34 PM

it is  winter of coins now. looking forward to the spring come.

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:02:31 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 02:45:17 PM by r32godzilla

Actually I never seen a dev with a solid business plan. I seen hopes, promises but no realistic plans.

Then you don't know CGB.

http://cgb.holdings/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0

And DigitalCoin too.

No, not digitalcoin.

The scammers behind digitalcoin do not even bother to secure their blockchain. Look at its hashing power, it is utterly pathetic. It is simply a bullshit scam trying to scam idiots into putting money into a wet paper bag to be stolen.

-MarkM-

Get a clue goose. While the hashrate could be alot better, since when has DGC been forked UNLIKE a number of other coins due to not being "Secure". Shows how much you know about it.

Care to explain your scam reasons? Do you even know the definition of the word? I suspect if you did you wouldn't be calling DGC a scam. Moron.

DGC has been around since last May and has arguably the most services in dev out of any alts. Its just had a revamped website go live and has an upcoming core 2 update including new custom algorithm amongst many other projects. Its idiots like you that give Cryptocurrency a bad name spouting FUD and not backing up any of your claims with solid evidence.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:18:01 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 02:31:45 PM by cosmoo

Actually I never seen a dev with a solid business plan. I seen hopes, promises but no realistic plans.

Then you don't know CGB.

http://cgb.holdings/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0

And DigitalCoin too.

No, not digitalcoin.

The scammers behind digitalcoin do not even bother to secure their blockchain. Look at its hashing power, it is utterly pathetic. It is simply a bullshit scam trying to scam idiots into putting money into a wet paper bag to be stolen.

-MarkM-

Get a clue goose. While the hashrate could be alot better, since when has DGC been forked UNLIKE a number of other coins due to not being "Secure". Shows how much you know about it.

Care to explain your scam reasons. Its idiots like you that give Cryptocurrency a bad name spouting FUD and not backing up any of your claims with solid evidence.

Cool down bro, markm is right. With any of these coins anyone could buy a bunch of gridseed scrypt miners and overpower the network, even DGC. Though I wouldn't call it a bullshit scam, it's simply the reality altcoins trying to break into public focus have to face. We need more hashpower, as a system of monetary transfer what we have now is too risky for serious investment, this applies to all altcoins. I take his personal attack at DGC a nod of interest Smiley I just want a reliable coin I can use as an alternative to fiat ffs, five years after bitcoin you think that would've happened already but the competition here is rancid. too much <3 $, not enough <3 BTC

The dev behind DGC does have solid business plans, but he's only one man (and a small team he got together i've heard), do people seriously expect some superhero to swoop into their lives and alleviate all their financial problems? BTC was a glorious financial fluke, I think we're seeing the more immature but lucky early adopters realize this, things have been getting more bitter around here recently. It's my money and I want it NOW!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:41:34 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 04:05:41 AM by markm

If the developer was serious about securing their blockchain they could at least have made it merged mined alongside bitcoin.

There would still be the problem of how to convince miners and pools to add it to their merge, but at least you would not be making the chain insanely expensive to secure not asking miners to abandon all their existing interests in cryptocurrency in order to undermine all their existing interests in cryptocurrency for the purpose of, what, exactly? What business plans that could work using digitalcoin could not work using bitcoin? Surely any business that could run a digitalcoin daemon on its back end could just as easily use a bitcoin daemon instead?

So why not make one's business plans able to use existing currencies instead of undermining the whole concept of cryptocurrencies by not only spanwning yet another coin but also ensuring that securing it would require undermining the security of other existing coins?

It seems hypocritical to complain about being undermined when your entire strategy is itself to undermine...

Basically the moron made the stupid idiot newbie mistake of using an untenable system from the start. The whole concept is broken from inception.

The very first consideration needs to be "how can I ensure my blockchain has more than half of the hashing power this planet is capable of generating".

Using scrypt is not the way to do that.

Proof of work is insanely insanely expensive.

It is insane that the world is blowing as much power as it is already just to secure the SHA256 merged mined family of chains, it is even more insane to propose starting a whole 'nother such expenditure, but that too was already done by tenebrix then fairbrix then litecoin and now, even despite those idiocies, also by digitalcoin.

Total moronic idiocy.

Or, much more believable: deliberate scam with malice aforethought.

(The forethought was long done by the time whatever moronic scammer came up with digitalcoin to make it dubious to claim they did not have the benefit of that forethought.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:18:29 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 03:46:07 PM by cosmoo

If the developer was serious about securing their blockchain they could at least have made it merged mined alongside bitcoin.

There would still be the problem of how to convince miners and pools to add it to their merge, but at least yoyu would not be making the chain insanely expensive to secure not asking miners to abandon all their existing interests in cryptocurrency in order to undermine all their existing interests in cryptocurrency for the purpose of, what, exactly? What business plans that could work using digitalcoin could not work using bitcoin? Surely any business that could run a digitalcoin daemon on its back end could just as easily use a bitcoin daemon instead?

So why not make one's business plans able to use existing currencies instead of undermining the whole concept of cryptocurrencies by not only spanwning yet another coin but also ensuring that securing it would require undermining the security of other existing coins?

It seems hypocritical to complain about being undermined when your entire strategy is itself to undermine...

Basically the moron made the stupid idiot newbie mistake of using an untenable system from the start. The whole concept is broken from inception.

The very first consideration needs to be "how can I ensure my blockchain has more than half of the hashing power this planet is capable of generating".

Using scrypt is not the way to do that.

Proof of work is insanely insanely expensive.

It is insane that the world is blowing as much power as it is already just to secure the SHA256 merged mined family of chains, it is even more insane to propose starting a whole 'nother such expenditure, but that too was already done by tenebrix then fairbrix then litecoin and now, even despite those idiocies, also by digitalcoin.

Total moronic idiocy.

Or, much more believable: deliberate scam with malice aforethought.

(The forethought was long done by the time whatever moronic scammer came up with digitalcoin to make it dubious to claim they did not have the benefit of that forethought.)

-MarkM-

I wouldn't rule out DGC being started by a hobbyist, if Baritus started DGC with the intent to scam people out of money it would have been premined or heavily instamined. From my interactions with him he seems genuinely thrilled with the concept of cryptocurrencies. I agree with what you're saying about the state of altcoins but these personal attacks are not really warranted. To be preemptive, if you're referring to the 560k 'theft' it is a moot point; with DGC's price history there would have been plenty of better opportunities to dump that much coin. Also the lowered block reward was done at the behest of the community, he had actually asked us earlier and everyone said no (fear of backlash like this), but as time passed and DGC kept getting dumped everyone involved changed their minds.

Right now I'm mostly sitting in PPC Smiley but I have a fond space for DGC, it is still one of the more honest attempts at crypto. But in the end I have to agree, this whole altcoin scene is getting ridiculous. The only real 'benefit' I can see from it all is that it helps spread BTC around to people who weren't lucky to get in early.

It is depressing that such revolutionary technology is being retarded with what is basically just plain greed. I'm learning a lot watching cryptocurrencies.
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:42:20 PM

Hi
I am wondering why all the altcoins in which we trusted last year and hoping for them to go to the moon are getting cheaper it seems like a miracle needs to happen to change something

BR,

Gondel

Because they're all directly tied to the price of Bitcoin (BTC)

To make a long story short, just load up on Goldcoin (GLD) and everything will be fine.  Smiley
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:12:25 PM

I've only been buying Nxt now for months because imo, it's really the only one with something completely new to offer.  Development is continually happening, and the community has been strong since day one.  It looks to me that most people that complain about distribution are either just jealous that they didn't get an original stake (it's not like I did), or they're bitter that they couldn't mine it with all this money they've invested into mining hardware (you CAN mine it now at hashrate.org).  Normal, everyday people don't give two shits about mining, they're just going to buy coins, and Nxt has already achieved better distribution than bitcoin has.  I personally can't stand all these stupid country coins that have OBVIOUS artificially high market caps and nothing new to offer (they all seem to be litecoin clones).  So yeah, I'll be perfectly happy to see all these shitcoin clones die off.  Hopefully only a handful of unique coins will survive.  Nxt will be one of them.

+1

But if you keep speaking common sense you wont be popular on here.

Plus the 'unfair' mantra about IPO coins is ridiculous when you consider the whole point is for a coin to reach a mass market at some point in the future. So how fair is it that only people on this forum and in the Bitcoin community generally have all the future global wealth before everyone else???

I would argue that a NXT clone could take over NXT, I don't agree it should, but it might. NEM born out of the bitterness you spoke of could be the one.

+2
NXT is the only non-clone altcoin out there. (That I'm aware of). There are a few coins that could succeed NXT is one of them.
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:30:52 PM

Since everybody goes of topic and tries to advertise the NXT or DGC or anything i
would like to tell  you that only one is the King after the BTC and it is called Betacoin.
You can make your research.

Buy now or get run over by the train!
snortex

Activity: 814
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:04:39 AM

I am wondering why all the altcoins in which we trusted last year and hoping for them to go to the moon are getting cheaper it seems like a miracle needs to happen to change something
Moon has become too crowded now, there is not enough space for all and newcomers are kicking the old ones out.
To change the situation either a number of altcoins should significantly decrease or coin marked capacity should significantly increase.

And why in every thread like this I see people promoting their favorite coins? How does this answer the question asked?

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:24:09 AM

Since everybody goes of topic and tries to advertise the NXT or DGC or anything i
would like to tell  you that only one is the King after the BTC and it is called Betacoin.
You can make your research.

Buy now or get run over by the train!

forget all of those scamcoins. Darkcoin is the only one to buy. See u in the millionaire club!
which2say

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:48:23 AM

That is because more and more coins, coins once more up not worthless.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: