Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously can't wait for Bitcoin 2023!!! Re-cap of Sound Money Fest in Miami  (Read 92 times)
tread93 (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 09:26:45 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2022, 03:02:23 PM by tread93
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (10)

Had an incredible time at B22 & Sound Money Fest. If you didn't go last year or don't plan on going this year I urge you to go!! It is an experience you will never forget. For me the concert was the best.

I'm going to fast forward to the end, because its fresh on my mind. The Sound Money Fest day. A completely separate day. I started that day by hitting up the Gunz and Bitcoin conference and meeting with a client there who gave me an extra ticket (totally separate conference maybe 20 minutes form B22). It was dope, but night and day compared to the bitcoin conf. That conference is miniscule and so very tiny in comparison in like a hilton inn or something. Lots of 3d printed guns and rando vendors, I'm pretty sure there were a shit load of FBI agents there too, I didn't stay long haha, but it was fuN! I wanted to kick it back and listen to some music. I made my way back to the Bitcoin 22 conference for my 2nd day being there. The exhibit hall was DEAD. Hardly anyone left, so I made my way to the CASHAPP Garden outside where I was hunting for Bitcoin QR codes for free bitcoin! I was living it up after making some friends whilst hunting down the BTC checking behind every bush and behind every tree for a little sign with the QR codes! While on the hunt there I ended up running into some cool guys and made friends, we proceeded to look for free money, as we went along we came across the free empanadas stand and the free coconut water stand with the cashapp logo burned on the nut haha. They had free ice cream stand just all free stuff it was great ( it was also outside of the conference center so you had to completely leave and walk over across the street to get to the garden). That was a lot of fun though I remember but I was getting so tired after all the walking around and so were the two guys I ended up meeting and hanging with so we started to make our way back over to the outside stage area back at the conference center (which we actually snuck back in through the service entrance so we didn't have to walk ALLL the way back to the front entrance) We ended up grabbing a drink there before Logic started his set when this 4th guy ended up joining our newly formed crew. It was hilarious this guy was like from ATL or something just there alone to vacation because he said he heard Miami was a lot of fun, COINcidentally he booked it right during B22 and decided to go for the last day of the Sound Money Fest, to be clear he had no clue about bitcoin or crypto for that matter & he was super drunk & would say outragious things so it was good free entertainment too hahaha. We started walking back into the conference area to get our free Bitstop NFT while we still had time & also to find the girls who were walking around from some exchange giving out free bitcoin! I downloaded their app (still cant remember what it was called) they gave us each like $40 each though, sweet! Drink money!!! haha.

We ended going back outside when Steve Aoki got up on stage, but I was sooo hungry at that point so I decided to go on over and grab a burger from the food trucks. I ditched the crew because they wanted to make their way to the very front to see Aoki. I like steve but not that much lol. Needed some fuel in the gut ya dig!? Shortly after Aoki,  Logic,  was getting on stage for his set. I started making my way back for that but I realized that I forgot something crucial in my car, my pre rolls haha, so I went back to my car & got those, and I was good 2 go! It was also during this time that I noticed like 400 arculus wallets on the tables as I was walking out that were meant for the concert attendees, being a little in the clouds I decided to take a stack of like 10 of them since they were free lmao, put them straight into my car and headed back into the concert again. I made it back just in time to see Logic which was epic, he performed a lot of his newer stuff as well as signed on 2 of his best friends to his record label on stage & gave one of them a 12k gold chain. I partied my heart out during Logic, made that cool friend but all good things must come to an end. I said goodbye to my buddy and was onto the next part of my adventure.

For some reason, they decided to have Deadmau5 and Logic's set at the same time, which I was so pissed about but being the 420 friendly person I am I decided that I had to see Logic, so I thought I missed out on Deadmau5 and was super bummed. Little did I know they ended up pushing Deadmau5 back to right after Logic's show because I guess nobody went, or it was a very small amount of people that went because everyone obviously went to go and see Logic instead. I'll never forget this next part though. There were SOOOO many people heading inside the center after Logic finished his part of the concert. Everyone heard about Deadmau5 now turning it up so we all had to get to the other end of the center on the inside where they had DeadMau5 set up, and for some reason (still don't understand why) but the conference center staff were literally blocking the door and trying their best to stop people from getting in to see Deadmau5. They literally weren't letting people inside & making rope blockades and they were pushing people back. I wasn't about that shit though I wasn't going to miss deadmau5. I powered my way through and even pushed some of these guards off of me to get into the doors. When I finally broke in, I walked into what seemed like the biggest, longest room I've ever been in my life. I paid for this crap I wasn't about to not be let in haha. And let me tell you it was a full on rave, a straight up rave with AC though and like 10 drink stands like at every corner of this place in what was without a doubt the largest room I have ever been in, ever. The spaciousness only added to the experience, the lights bounced off the walls and the music sounded louder maybe even echoed,  I was on cloud 9. I love Deadmau5 and have been listening to his music for over 10 years. Its just so much fun thinking back on that night. The rave was still going on when I started walking out of there. The post rave walk is always very sobering haahahha, ears ringing, feet kind of hurting from all the walking haha. But all in all I'd say that it was a complete success, it was truly an epic day. And I just realized that I really only spoke on my time at the sound money fest! I guess you will have to hear about my time during the conference another time because I am sick of typing rn, lol. I hope you all enjoyed my crazy stories, I am completely full of them. I often think of potentially writing a book, maybe I should!

Anyways, the story will continue and live to see another day in another post. But for now we get ready for a fun little bitcoin meet up this evening in West Palm with one of the Bitcoin Devs from NY. Satslife will be there, he actually is the one who invited me. I can't wait for the party to continue on! I am also very much looking forward to some good old fashioned pizza and drinks with the boys. Should be a good time! Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing day! Seriously can't wait for Bitcoin 2023!!!

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2022, 11:26:46 PM

Looks like a great event, I'm in Florida right now may stick around for the conference in May. Thank you for sharing your experience.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀