Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nigeria Premier League/Players Discussion Thread  (Read 856 times)
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 25, 2023, 09:28:24 PM

We shouldn't be too happy about the resume of our league because they can make a decision that would shock the public by changing the date, for me I won't say yes they have resumed not until I see the kick off on Saturday.
What's really the hold up in letting our league to get started? We're suppose to be seeing our games already on before now, and they're saying no sponsor or something that's holding it, all these should have been done long before now (is not bad for us to resume our league same date as the EPL). Too bad coming from NPFL and I just wish they play the league like normal and this super 6 of a thing I don't fancy it all, why can't we see our league like other country leagues. Well until they kick off on Saturday for now I don't believe them (NPFL) yet.

i understand your position to be honest (its sha naija!)
None the less, i bring good news. The NPFL Live streaming platform will be free for all users for game week 1 and game week 2 of the NPFL!!!! The android app is live and working while the ios will be released shortly

DOWNLOAD

Remember, once the free views end, you have to subscribe to the NPFL App to stream matches every week cheaply (i think its 3500 naira monthly, we await official price).
LFG!!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 418

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 03:16:49 AM

We shouldn't be too happy about the resume of our league because they can make a decision that would shock the public by changing the date, for me I won't say yes they have resumed not until I see the kick off on Saturday.
What's really the hold up in letting our league to get started? We're suppose to be seeing our games already on before now, and they're saying no sponsor or something that's holding it, all these should have been done long before now (is not bad for us to resume our league same date as the EPL). Too bad coming from NPFL and I just wish they play the league like normal and this super 6 of a thing I don't fancy it all, why can't we see our league like other country leagues. Well until they kick off on Saturday for now I don't believe them (NPFL) yet.

None the less, i bring good news. The NPFL Live streaming platform will be free for all users for game week 1 and game week 2 of the NPFL!!!! The android app is live and working while the ios will be released shortly

DOWNLOAD

Remember, once the free views end, you have to subscribe to the NPFL App to stream matches every week cheaply (i think its 3500 naira monthly, we await official price).
LFG!!!!!

Streaming it live it's my problem only if they can be showing it on our local television stations like they should be consistent even on Gotv, Startimes and DStv. Not after week 1 or 2 they'll stop and we have to hear it from the news or something.
The App should have been free till the end of the season, because this is one part of promoting our league and we all know they (NFF) haven't been doing well in the past so they can use this season to redeem themselves.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
letteredhub

Activity: 518
Merit: 202

My privacy, my right.

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 09:43:14 AM

DOWNLOAD

LFG!!!!!

Streaming it live it's my problem only if they can be showing it on our local television stations like they should be consistent even on Gotv, Startimes and DStv. Not after week 1 or 2 they'll stop and we have to hear it from the news or something.
The App should have been free till the end of the season, because this is one part of promoting our league and we all know they (NFF) haven't been doing well in the past so they can use this season to redeem themselves.
The annoying aspect of it all is that the money is there to use in running these promotions but embezzlement won't let them do the needful to make the NPFL stand out among major leagues in Africa. What stops them from streaming it live on at least in the national TV station like NTA sports station to use it in creating awareness and capturing the interest of Nigerians to beam towards the league. If not that I gambling most of times I wouldn't know when these matches are scheduled, it's only when I get to the gambling shop that I have to see the fixtures being pasted on their board and that's very bad for a league like this.
cytpoway121

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 08:03:07 PM

We have to be realistic in our demands haha. Even in ENGLAND; The English premier league is not broadcast for free in their television stations; you need to subscribe to ESPN, Skysports separately for a champions league and EPL Coverage. We cannot continue to demand subsidy in our sports and hope that they become better.

This season the NPFL has taken the right step in the right direction, securing live streaming broadcast rights with MTN & Propel; and presently they are negotiating with Supersports and Startimes for a 5 year broadcast deal that will ensure television coverage.

If the app is free usage until the end of the season; how would partners earn? how would advertisement be achieved? Its a fair deal from all parties.
Its time to embrace our own too.

The annoying aspect of it all is that the money is there to use in running these promotions but embezzlement won't let them do the needful to make the NPFL stand out among major leagues in Africa. What stops them from streaming it live on at least in the national TV station like NTA sports station to use it in creating awareness and capturing the interest of Nigerians to beam towards the league. If not that I gambling most of times I wouldn't know when these matches are scheduled, it's only when I get to the gambling shop that I have to see the fixtures being pasted on their board and that's very bad for a league like this.

I think this is faux outrage; no where in the world can your stream league games live (except illegal streaming platforms); no where are games shown live on televisions too; you need to pay special subscription fee always.

What can the NPFL DO? Since most clubsides are state owned in the country; they can secure a broadcast deal to ensure that every home game matchday is broadcast live; for example, Shooting Stars home game live on Bcos, Bendel Insurance games live on Edo television (to achieve this, clubsides need to source for worthy partnerships amongst others).
Mate2237 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2023, 08:56:56 PM

We have to be realistic in our demands haha. Even in ENGLAND; The English premier league is not broadcast for free in their television stations; you need to subscribe to ESPN, Skysports separately for a champions league and EPL Coverage. We cannot continue to demand subsidy in our sports and hope that they become better.

This season the NPFL has taken the right step in the right direction, securing live streaming broadcast rights with MTN & Propel; and presently they are negotiating with Supersports and Startimes for a 5 year broadcast deal that will ensure television coverage.

If the app is free usage until the end of the season; how would partners earn? how would advertisement be achieved? Its a fair deal from all parties.

I think this is faux outrage; no where in the world can your stream league games live (except illegal streaming platforms); no where are games shown live on televisions too; you need to pay special subscription fee always.

What can the NPFL DO? Since most clubsides are state owned in the country; they can secure a broadcast deal to ensure that every home game matchday is broadcast live; for example, Shooting Stars home game live on Bcos, Bendel Insurance games live on Edo television (to achieve this, clubsides need to source for worthy partnerships amongst others).
Then Nigerian should a sport station which they can use to broadcast their sport activities without begging for a television station to broadcast it for them. Nigeria has the resources to make her sport festival great but the management of NPFL is highly corrupted that everything is woe. Even the selection of players from the local team level to the national team is from favourism, man know man. The broadcasting of the league should be done on TV and Radio but it is only Radio news we heard about this events.

NPFL can make the local league to the standard one but their siphoning the money to do another things so dem no fit use am do.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
cytpoway121

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 09:49:10 PM

Then Nigerian should a sport station which they can use to broadcast their sport activities without begging for a television station to broadcast it for them. Nigeria has the resources to make her sport festival great but the management of NPFL is highly corrupted that everything is woe. Even the selection of players from the local team level to the national team is from favourism, man know man. The broadcasting of the league should be done on TV and Radio but it is only Radio news we heard about this events.

NPFL can make the local league to the standard one but their siphoning the money to do another things so dem no fit use am do.

I do not think this is about corruption or siphoning or any of that; this is about tv rights, broadcast rights which are the main source of revenue for football leagues; Expecting them to continue to be free or subsidized is why Nigerian league cannot go back to its previous glory where they dominate African tournaments.

Want Nigerian broadcast stations to air live league games? Find sponsors; connect them to the broadcast channel and this is easily resolved.
cytpoway121

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 11:10:27 PM

Shooting Stars Vs Plateau United

Get involved!!!!!

I got involved and streamed the 3SC game live on the NPFL webpage; it was a good experience to be honest. If the broadcast deal improves, we can expect the camera angles, and camera quality to get better too. Shooting stars won the game with 2 goals to one, with Plateau United drawing a goal back after going 2 nil down.

Did you watch the Nigeria Premier Football League this weekend ?

Lorokan

Activity: 421
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 01:03:20 AM

The weekend fixture:

Bayelsa United Vs Akwa United
Shooting Stars Vs Plateau United
Abia Warriors Vs Niger Tornadoes
Katsina United Vs Kwara United
Sunshine Stars Vs Kano Pillars
Heartland Vs Lobi Stars
Sporting Lagos Vs Gombe United
Rangers United Vs Doma United

Get involved!!!!!

Did you watch any of the NPFL league game this weekend? Do you plan to watch any of the games ? It is now streamed live on the npfl live streaming website or app; 0 excuses not to be involved!!!

Bayelsa United 5-3 Akwa United
Shooting Stars 2-1 Plateau United
Abia Warriors 1-0 Niger Tornadoes
Katsina United 0-0 Kwara United
Sunshine Stars 1-0 Kano Pillars
Heartland 2-2 Lobi Stars
Rangers United 2-1 Doma United

Meanwhile,

We have the first hattrick of the season, scored by Robert Christian Mizo of Bayelsa United
We have Emmanuel Oguagu, sunshine stars player scored the first league goal of the season for Sunshine Stars in a 1 nil victory over Kano Pillars

Sporting Lagos Vs Gombe United will kick off 4pm sunday afternoon to round up the NPFL Game week 1 (initially delayed after logistic problems, while the tie for Rivers and also for Bendel Insurance were postponed due to their participation in CAF Tournaments
Lorokan

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 10:01:23 AM

Apologies everyone haha; i had to travel urgently.
NPFL Week 2 games !!!

Bendel 2:0 Shooting Stars
Doma United 2:0 Bayelsa United
Kano 1:0 Katsina Utd
Gombe 2:0 Enyimba
Akwa United 0:0 Sporting Lagos
Kwara 1:0 Abia Warriors
Lobi Stars 3:2 Sunshine Stars
Niger 1:0 Rivers United
Plateau 1:0 Heartland
Remo Stars 2:1 Enugu

Newly promoted side, Sporting Lagos remain top of the standings with 4 points in 2 games!
Remember to watch highlights on the NPFL website!!!
Lorokan

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 11:03:54 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2023, 07:12:51 PM by Lorokan

Apologies everyone haha; i had to travel urgently.
NPFL Week 2 games !!!

Bendel 2:0 Shooting Stars
Doma United 2:0 Bayelsa United
Kano 1:0 Katsina Utd
Gombe 2:0 Enyimba
Akwa United 0:0 Sporting Lagos
Kwara 1:0 Abia Warriors
Lobi Stars 3:2 Sunshine Stars
Niger 1:0 Rivers United
Plateau 1:0 Heartland
Remo Stars 2:1 Enugu

Newly promoted side, Sporting Lagos remain top of the standings with 4 points in 2 games!
Remember to watch highlights on the NPFL website!!!

Week 2 games for Riverse United and Bendel Insurance who participated in caf competitions

Enyimba - Bendel
Rivers United - Remo Stars

Do you think Bendel will get back to back wins ?
Do you think Rivers will get their first win of the season ?
What are your predictions?

EDIT: In the end

Enyimba - Bendel (rescheduled.)
Rivers United 2-0 Remo Stars

Lorokan

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 07:17:12 PM

NPFL Week 3 games and results !!!

Bendel 1-0 Plateau
Katsina Utd 0-0 Lobi Stars
Sunshine Stars 1-1 Heartland
Abia Warriors 1-0 Kano Pillars
Bayelsa United 1-2 Remo Stars
Enugu 2-1 Niger Tornadoes
Enyimba 3-2 Akwa United
Rivers United 0-0 Kwara FC
Shooting Stars 2-1 Gombe
Sporting Lagos 0-0 Doma United

Bendel Insurance top the league table after game week 3!!!!
Sporting Lagos, the newly promoted side remain uinbeaten too!!!
Spaceman1000$

Activity: 518
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 09:37:30 PM

Of course NPFL can have radio stations and television channels that can be licensed to broadcast their games. But they will have to do more than that to make the league lively. they need to attract investors into the local league, they need to be doing jingles on television and radio stations to attract more fans to come out and watch games, so they too can attract more revenue to themselves. if these things are done, you will see the league gradually coming back the glory days.

cytpoway121

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 01:17:51 PM

Of course NPFL can have radio stations and television channels that can be licensed to broadcast their games. But they will have to do more than that to make the league lively. they need to attract investors into the local league, they need to be doing jingles on television and radio stations to attract more fans to come out and watch games, so they too can attract more revenue to themselves. if these things are done, you will see the league gradually coming back the glory days.

I believe there are plans in place to do that and also to achieve that; with pending deal waiting to be agreed between the NPFL and Startimes or NPFL and Supersport. Once broadcasting agreement is reached; we can now ask clubsides (most are govt owned) to have their state tv stations to broadcast their games live for more publicity.

So far, the NPFL is taking baby steps, their leadership needs to be sacked so that the NPFL can prosper.
Mate2237 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 08:36:11 PM

One of the things that affecting Nigeria Football Premier League is the lack of good management and poor funding. And also from the federal government. Because the FG neglect the sport sector so everything is just self and management control. The government has to build sports TV stations to broadcast the local leagues for people to watch and that will promote the NFPL.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
cytpoway121

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 10:55:18 AM

One of the things that affecting Nigeria Football Premier League is the lack of good management and poor funding. And also from the federal government. Because the FG neglect the sport sector so everything is just self and management control. The government has to build sports TV stations to broadcast the local leagues for people to watch and that will promote the NFPL.

On the other hand, the npfl league needs to seek progress and growth away from the government. With financial independence and good commitment, the league can prosper without anyone hodling them behind.

The league needs to find Broadcast deals themselves and make the most out of it
Lorokan

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 07:35:53 PM

Nigeria Premier Footbal League game week 4 results

Niger 1-0 Bayelsa United
Gombe 1-0 Bendel
Akwa United 0-0 Shooting Stars
Heartland 1-1 Katsina Utd
Kano 1-0 Rivers United
Kwara 1-1 Enugu Rangers
Lobi Stars 2-0 Abia Warriors
Plateau 1-0 Sunshine Stars
Remo Stars 2-1 Sporting Lagos

The game for Doma vs Enyimba was postponed due to Enyimba participation in the African Super League, the abia warriors now have 2 outstanding games at the start of the season. Remo Stars top the league table with 9 points in 4 games, and Bayelsa Robert Mizo is the league highest goalscorer with 3 goals
Die_empty

Activity: 700
Merit: 994

Give all before death

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 07:56:17 PM

The major problem of the league is indeed poor management. Most of the funds that have been attracted from sponsorship deals are mismanaged. Some of the funds will be looted by government officials and there will be no accountability. Corruption has led to low-quality stadiums that are poorly managed and lack good sporting facilities.

Many of these local players are underpaid while the top managers of football clubs go home with fat paychecks. Match officials are not well paid which has led them to take bribes to favor some teams. In some cases, there is no sufficient security in the stadium to protect the match officials. It is common to see home fans invading the football pitch to attack the referee if they lose or get a draw. Out of fear of being attacked, these match officials are forced to officiate in a manner that must favor the home team. Except the government and other stakeholders see the local league as a business that can contribute to the socioeconomic development of Nigeria, the Nigerian might remain unattractive.

Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 418

View Profile
November 07, 2023, 03:27:34 AM

Just few weeks before the kick off our league, there have been a serious case of suspension on our NPFL referees, 14 of them with Details . I believe that we have seen why they never choose any of them to officiate in the upcoming AFCON, it is so sad that this has to happen.
I don't think we can ever have any of our referees getting close to any major competition because they're now seen as corrupt individuals and it speaks bad of our league.
How can this be corrected and make our league be of good standard compared to other Africa league? As it is S.A league is far better than ours, not that they don't have refs that are corrupt but they know how to keep the system clean, and I wonder how we can't see ours be more organized like theirs (S.A league and other Africa leagues).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Mate2237 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2023, 09:11:46 AM

Good news from Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President Ibrahim Gusau. He said, they the management have discussed and come to to the conclusion that they will introduce the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) in the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL). And he also said that the management will send some of the referees to study at abroad to understand the VAR very well to assist them.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0R2e5ps8db/?igshid=OGY3MTU3OGY1Mw==

This is a good news and development as they are following up the new technology tto make things easy for themselves.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Lorokan

View Profile
December 03, 2023, 09:03:58 PM

Good news from Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President Ibrahim Gusau. He said, they the management have discussed and come to to the conclusion that they will introduce the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) in the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL). And he also said that the management will send some of the referees to study at abroad to understand the VAR very well to assist them.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0R2e5ps8db/?igshid=OGY3MTU3OGY1Mw==

This is a good news and development as they are following up the new technology tto make things easy for themselves.

I think he only stated this to make the media people present excited. The league this season has been interesting and lots of hypes and audience; even Kano pillars scored 5 goals away from home this weekend.

The league does not need VAR today, TODAY; THE LEAGUE NEEDS BETTER CAMERA ANGLES; to make the league games watchable for locals and international fans; after that is achieved; then they can start implementing var technology.

VAR without enough standard camera angles in games is misplaced priority
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: