Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 BTC Stolen  (Read 1104 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2023, 02:17:49 PM

minerjones telegram is "minerjones" the problem with telegram is that there can be many accounts where the display name is "minerjones" you have to look at the profile to see if it is actually the "@minerjones" username.
The Telegram usernames are unique and scammers can't copy and use the same usernames as someone else. That's why they will attempt to use a similar username that the victim won't notice and use the person's real username in the BIO field. Those who aren't familiar with Telegram won't know the difference and will misinterpret the BIO for a username.

Can the admins recover and find the content of deleted PMs? I know they get the PM's content if a PM is reported, but I wonder if theymos can see something more... If something like that was possible, it would be easy to prove if a PM was sent, from, and to which account.

The displayed name can be the same - that is why one must check the username - I agree - but they have to go into telegram users profile to do this.

As for dm’s they can be recovered even if deleted by one party, if the other party still has it in their inbox/outbox.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teresah286

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2023, 03:18:09 PM

Hello Rasenga,

I apologise for writing to you out of nowhere, but I think I fell for the fake minerjones scam too, I read your story and it was very similar to mine as I was also scammed from a fake minerjone on telegram because I thought it was the real one. Send me an email at teresah.ashworth846gmail.com if you fancy having a chat about this, I will like to hear more about what happened because I also lost a huge sum of money and I need to speak to someone desperately!

Thank You
Teresah Ashworth
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1362

View Profile
January 05, 2023, 04:37:21 PM

I confirmed a screenshot with minerjones on telegram whose username was initially mtmantis and later changed to minerjones on telegram. However, now my 26BTC are gone and also their accounts on telegram are deleted.
I feel sad for your loss even though you did not provide any evidence, 26BTC is a really huge amount that I can collect in about 10-20 years, Telegram is not a good platform for you to do any transactions through, as anyone can message you and impersonate the username of another person, and he can delete private messages between you and him in seconds, and you will not be able to recover them. I do not know @minerjones, but what I see is that he is a member who enjoys a lot of positive trust in his account. It is certain that the scammer who stole your money imitated his username on Telegram and contacted you. It would have been better for you to carry out your dealings through the forum away from Telegram or any of the other platforms, as the forum has private messages that you can communicate with whomever you want through.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██