Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:20:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet:Error parsing URI: Inconsistent lightning field: AssertionError()  (Read 43 times)
hbryn152022 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2023, 10:03:33 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2023, 10:18:53 AM by hbryn152022

Hi all,

I am trying to make a purchase using bitcoin and receive this error when i log in to my wallet: Error parsing URI: Inconsistent lightning field: AssertionError()

When I try to complete the payment, I receive another error: Warning: The fee for this transaction seems unusually high. (99.48% of amount)

Can anyone help me with this, do you know why the above happens? I'm struggling to find an answer online so hopefully someone here could help.

Many thanks!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 02, 2023, 04:31:07 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Do you only have the one channel open too?

I think the second message about the fees is because you're sending too small of an amount via too many hops (can you open a channel with the whoever you're sending funds to)?

There might be custodial services that work out cheaper too (you could try sending the funds somewhere else first and see if the fee to withdraw from there is cheaper).

Also who are you paying and what are you paying for. I don't know if it's likely but I think it's possible you could connect your channel to your own node and then charge high fees to receive transactions through that channel (which could've happened here).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: