Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Technology enhanced vs. Natural human abilities  (Read 30 times)
Chripto (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 11:27:54 PM

Hey guys,

I recently went down a rabbit hole about ‚the perfect human being’. It started out with a documentary about  Usain Bolt (World record holder 9.58 sec/100m) and the highest speed a natural human is capable of (9.1 sec/100m). Followed by the technology CRISPR. For those of you who don‘t know it yet:
With CRISPR, scientists can cut out specific sections of DNA and replace them with new sequences, or they can turn specific genes on or off. This has the potential to revolutionize the way we treat genetic diseases, as well as to enhance our understanding of how genes work and how they are involved in health and disease.
CRISPR has generated a lot of excitement and controversy, as it has the potential to change the very fabric of life and to have a profound impact on society. Some people are excited about the potential benefits of CRISPR, while others are concerned about the ethical implications of this technology.
In addition to that, I read about Exoskeletons. They are wearable devices that can be worn over a person's body to enhance their physical capabilities. They are often used to assist people with mobility impairments, such as paralysis or amputation, but they can also be used by healthy individuals to augment their strength and endurance.
It ultimately brought up a question, that keeps me up at night: Is it acceptable to use technology to enhance human abilities, or should we be satisfied with our natural abilities?

Let me know your thoughts and distinctions! Smiley

I have a joke about trickle down economics. But 99 percent of you will never get it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: