Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is The level of impact of FTX crash on Your portfolio?  (Read 532 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2023, 11:04:17 AM

I will be wrong if am to say that the FXT exchange saga didn't affect the altcoins that I held in my portfolio. Although before the FXT exchange saga, my coins were depreciating already but the moment the FXT clash happened, many of my altcoins that I have held for long lost their value entirely despite not having an account on the FXT exchange.
Bro it's FTX, not the other way round XD

Well it does not matter if you had an account there or not. The event caused market panic and therefore a sell off which is common after any bad news. The effect of that sell off was seen on personal portfolios because all th coins being held there anyway draw their costs from the market which was crashing at that instant.

This is why I suggest people to keep the minimum amount of money in altcoins. At least bitcoin is resilient about such events with time and will hold its ground with gradually recovering over time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x