Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:52:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As a newbie it is better you take custody of your coins  (Read 424 times)
zaki12

Activity: 588
Merit: 223

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 12:13:12 PM

This advice is not only suitable for newbies but even old members need ro hear this again to take action.

Since the entire cryptocurrency market is an interconnected digital financial web, that comes with high security and risk since we know that once transactions are sent it is irreversible so the need to pay close attention to our actions in this space is very important.

My advice to others most especially newbies is that, make sure you are holding your asset in your wallet and never trust any cryptocurrency third parties entity with custody of your coins until you have enough knowledge to manage the risk that is associated with such services.
Advice that needs to be remembered at all times for all of us, even though it is basic, sometimes people forget this important thing. Bottom line, don't put your assets in one wallet because that's very risky. If you are a big investor it is better to keep crypto assets in several coldwallets, and only keep a few in CEX.

Sometimes we also forget crypto assets as inheritance. If long-term assets are supposed to provide access to crypto assets to future children or grandchildren. That way, if something unexpected happens, families can still access their crypto assets.
Ojima-ojo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 443

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:52:46 PM

Sometimes we also forget crypto assets as inheritance. If long-term assets are supposed to provide access to crypto assets to future children or grandchildren. That way, if something unexpected happens, families can still access their crypto assets.
One of the things that worry me less is how to transfer my cryptocurrency as an inheritance without letting my kids know how to access to until a long time when the money is rightly needed, we have quite a good number of lost coins due to traceability from family members of of late crypto holders.

So in the end I concluded that the best way is to teach my loved ones about cryptocurrency assets and let them know how to access my wallet when am not around in that way, my coins can easily be inherited even if I am not available.

The basic thing is to create awareness and education within the family because cryptocurrency is the best form of wealth transfer as it does not involve third-party.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 10:45:13 PM

It's a great idea to take custody of your funds from the start (especially if you've only got a small investment) because you're going to be risking less when you really do need your funds in your own wallet (there was some warning FTX was going to collapse before it did, if you know how the network works, you'll be better at taking your funds out as early as possible).

You're also missing the point of crypto if you're keeping funds on an exchange as you're not really investing in it (you're just investing in an exchange as they'll leverage your assets).
True. Crypto is decentralized so you also need to save it in a decentralized wallet like your own non-custodial wallet so you can have the sole control of your funds, and not the other group or entity. Reputable centralized exchanges may be reliable these days but just like FTX, anything could happen all of a sudden. So as early as today, have your own non-custodial wallet and stay away from centralized exchanges, regardless if they are reputable or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███