Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:27:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk as a Mobile App - Trick for iOS/iPhone  (Read 401 times)
shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 05:40:05 AM

Both links appear to show the "make app from URL" shortcut but I can't actually view anything from the app in both links because there's an infinite spinner. What iOS version are you using?

Oh i missed that you are using iOS 12, actually I'm using iOS 16.3 .. however I checked it on iOS 15 and 16 and it worked. I'm not sure if it will work on iOS 12.

I saw Apple released latest update for iOS 12 just 2 days back iOS 12.5.7 can you try updating and see if it works?

The Bitcointalk forum is designed in a way that is very easy to browse.  So here I personally don't feel the need to use the mobile application. But since there is an opportunity to make your own application for btt, it will be a lot of fun to do it. But the screenshots you have shown will not create a full app, only the Bitcointalk link can be shortcut using a custom logo. Where if you visit  btt forum with a browser like google chrome via a mobile phone and make it ( add to home screen) it will work the same way but logo cannot be customized here. An example is given below as screenshot.

Yes it's not a full app I agree but it's much more than I link. Like I said in my previous post if you are using this trick any external link will not redirect your whole page but it will open a popup and you can easily close. But if you are using a browser you know it will redirect to a new website and to go back to bitcointalk you press back buttons multiple times depending on how deep you went in the redirect website.

Similar other popups like Meriting keeps you in the app and you come to the post but swapping right and those who merit a lot on mobile will know.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████