Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:28:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Install PyopenCL fails on Fedora 14  (Read 2217 times)
bazza14 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 06:57:31 AM

Hi,

Just exploring this mining malarky and finding it a bit confusing.
I've read a few topics looking for suggestions / instructions and decided I'd try the poclbm miner. Grabbed that and ran it, got no where needs opencl. Found a helpful link to opencl
Code:
http://wiki.tiker.net/PyOpenCL/Installation/Linux
and followed the instructions but when I run make it fails with this error message

Code:
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DPYGPU_PACKAGE=pyopencl -DBOOST_PYTHON_SOURCE=1 -DPYOPENCL_USE_DEVICE_FISSION=1 -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Dboost=pyopenclboost -DPYGPU_PYOPENCL=1 -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opencl-install-location/include -I/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/wrapper/wrap_cl.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl.o
In file included from src/wrapper/wrap_cl.cpp:1:0:
src/wrapper/wrap_cl.hpp:27:19: fatal error: CL/cl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
So it has failed to import or create the cl.h file
Trawling around the forums I find references to .h libs and SDKs but no real info. I did find a reference to an AMD SDK is this what they are refering to and if it is why is not mentioned as prequisite. Further I have an Nvidia gpu, does poclbm work with Nvidia cards or is it optomised for AMD?
Can someone shed a little light on this meanwhile I'll look at some of the other miners.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bazza14 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 11:15:30 AM

Thanks SAC. I've spent the entire evening looking at various miners and had concluded that already.
It would seem I have the worst possible system for bit mining, not a Debian derivation and not a AMD gpu. Most of the miners I've looked at use pyopencl with the exception of Ufasofts which I had high hopes for as its installation files were the familiar conf/make/make install and it gave a config option to exclude AMD so no opencl required it would use CUDA.
Unfortunately it failed to make because its missing JWasm and JWasm appears to be non trivial to install. There is much waffle on the net about prebuilt binaries which I've not been able to find and no clear instructions on how to build it or install it so it looks like I'm stumped for the moment.
I shall persevere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: