Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum version 1.7 is unable to sync with the blockchain.  (Read 218 times)
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5617

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 20, 2023, 01:56:38 AM

-snip-
So confused i couldn't find some files like electrum.dat
And my default_wallet is saved as txt.
Note: i had tried loading the old wallet on new version but it not working i kept on receiving invalid wallet. Nothing is working out for me here.
That only mean one thing, you didn't have a v1.7, "default_wallet" is for newer versions while "electrum.dat" are for old versions of Electrum.
Now, have you tried to verify the "electrum.exe" that you've been using?
Because the icon, behavior and name (if you didn't renamed it) don't look legit.

Also, do not run the suggested cmd file above it like suggested in the error msg since it may be a trap to install more viruses to your PC.
The source code doesn't have something like that nor the installer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
freds4408 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2023, 10:42:44 AM

So confused i couldn't find some files like electrum.dat
It seems that you do have the wallet file. In the screenshot you shared from the new version of electrum you have around 0.55 BTC.

Note: i had tried loading the old wallet on new version but it not working i kept on receiving invalid wallet. Nothing is working out for me here.
So, you get error when trying to open the wallet using the new version and it doesn't allow you to do anyhting. Right?
What happens when you try to open the wallet with the old version (1.7)? Do you get error again? Doesn't it allow you export the seed phrase/private keys?
So, you get error when trying to open the wallet using the new version and it doesn't allow you to do anyhting. Right?

Answer - yes. They usually said that the wallet is invalid while i tried linking it with my default_wallet.txt file

What happens when you try to open the wallet with the old version (1.7)?

Answer - I received " error while trying to sync with blockchain try running resync.cmd manually.

Do you get error again? Doesn't it allow you export the seed phrase/private keys?

Answer - it doesn't allow me to do anything at all. And i can't find any seed or private keys in those files.
Thanks for making efforts to assist me
Have you experience this before?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5617

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 20, 2023, 01:09:31 PM

-snip-
You didn't replied to my post so I guess you don't like my suspected issue...
Please at least paste the contents of "resync.cmd" file but do not launch it. (it's a script that'll automatically execute once you open it)
Right-click in it, open it as text, then paste the contents inside [code][/code] tags.

Your case isn't normal as the issues and error that you're getting aren't part of Electrum.
Like I said in my other reply, verify your executable to make sure that it's not a fake version. (instructions is in my other reply)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████