Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mini bull run or short Squeeze (manipulation) ?  (Read 309 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1659

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 07:50:01 AM

When each and every analysis was bearish on the bitcoin and everyone was expecting bitcoin to dump to 12K-14K$, the bitcoin start pumping and reached 23K in few days time.

Also, when we look at the fundamentals, they are also all bearish with events like Luna Crash, FTX Crash, Stable coins fund, Gemini and other companies' bankruptcy.

Also, we do not have any positive news about bitcoin recently, do we?

In these times, the bitcoin to pump makes me wonder whether it is due to manipulation and short squeeze to liquidate many short positions opened on bitcoin?

Neither, remember pre-FTX, this is the price were we are, so just make sense that once whales, speculators, retail investors and others in the market have settled down already and that they are no longer affected, then the price will have to bounce back again to previous price.

So it might look like a mini bull run or bear trap, but that conditions is not met right now.

Now, we if go touch $25k-$30k in short span of time, then that might be a different story. So let's see if we are going to go that price or will see another sideways.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 08:57:36 AM

In these times, the bitcoin to pump makes me wonder whether it is due to manipulation and short squeeze to liquidate many short positions opened on bitcoin?
I've never seen there is manipulation happen to Bitcoin, the whales are too silent this time - I consider those pumps natural.
I don't really think manipulations can be effective in a decentralized coin like Bitcoin, It probably works for altcoins. Might some whales are trying to do that but I'm very certain that they will just fail.

We have to keep in mind that the price of Bitcoin will keep on moving up and down. Currently at $22,700, not that huge enough to think about bullish but at least, people have their chance to sell and earn a few bucks as a reward of waiting.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 10:19:03 AM

I've never seen there is manipulation happen to Bitcoin, the whales are too silent this time - I consider those pumps natural.
I don't really think manipulations can be effective in a decentralized coin like Bitcoin, It probably works for altcoins. Might some whales are trying to do that but I'm very certain that they will just fail.

We have to keep in mind that the price of Bitcoin will keep on moving up and down. Currently at $22,700, not that huge enough to think about bullish but at least, people have their chance to sell and earn a few bucks as a reward of waiting.

Bitcoin is decentralized, but bitcoin price is not decentralized, and with a market capitalization of just $400 billion, smaller than a tech business like Apple or Google, manipulation is easier than ever. It can be said that the bitcoin market is a manipulative market that does not follow any laws such as supply and demand. Maybe it won't be able to be manipulated when it gets bigger, but for now, it's just a shark's game.
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 03:14:49 PM

Whales can't manipulate bitcoin, but they can manipulate its price and turn the market red or green.
You can also manipulate prices if you have big budget, but you also have to be sure that it won't prevent you from losing money.

The pump that occurred during January may or may not be considered natural, but actually $20K is price that seems more appropriate for bitcoin after hitting ATH of $69K in November 2021.

Selling now is fine as long as it's profitable, but I'd be inclined to wait and would hold it for a higher timeframe and price. This allows you to get more opportunities to enjoy bigger profits.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 04:55:08 PM

When each and every analysis was bearish on the bitcoin and everyone was expecting bitcoin to dump to 12K-14K$, the bitcoin start pumping and reached 23K in few days time.

This is simply what happens when everyone is bearish. Personally I wouldn't say everyone was bearish, just the overwhelming majority.

Also, when we look at the fundamentals, they are also all bearish with events like Luna Crash, FTX Crash, Stable coins fund, Gemini and other companies' bankruptcy.

These aren't fundamentals, these are just news events. Excuses we can point to in order to help us understand a Bitcoin bear market.

Also, we do not have any positive news about bitcoin recently, do we?

I don't remember any positive news back in April 2019 which marked the end of the bear market, but price went up regardless.

I think it's simply because a Bitcoin bear market usually lasts approximately a year. The high was reached in November 2021 with the low in November 2022. There were many speculating that based on time the bear market was over and to me this is the reason that price has risen since the start of the year. Despite how bearish the price analysis looked, time-based analysis was always looking bullish.

I also think it's simply human psychology to want or need to have answers to events we don't understand, in this case Bitcoin's 50% increase in price. But often, there aren't simply answers, or otherwise the answer is staring us in the face we just don't want to accept them as they are too simplistic. Often we also want complex answers to relatively basic questions, when the answer itself can be quite simple.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 04:59:53 PM

Whales can't manipulate bitcoin, but they can manipulate its price and turn the market red or green.
You can also manipulate prices if you have big budget, but you also have to be sure that it won't prevent you from losing money.

The pump that occurred during January may or may not be considered natural, but actually $20K is price that seems more appropriate for bitcoin after hitting ATH of $69K in November 2021.

Selling now is fine as long as it's profitable, but I'd be inclined to wait and would hold it for a higher timeframe and price. This allows you to get more opportunities to enjoy bigger profits.

And what is the reason why they will manipulate the market? I am more on the mini bull run on this market.
Manipulating this market requires a lot of money, even a small movement requires big amount of money.
And I don't think there's advantage of doing so if someone or group of whales decided to make a dent in the market.
It has long been known that manipulation in btc market is quite hard to do. Why not accept the fact that it is high time to experience such bullish period?
I am more on the natural increase of btc after few months of bearish period. People are getting good vibes around this market.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 05:50:20 PM

The pump that occurs is quite powerful. after all, if you want to manipulate as you say, it is clear that it will use quite a large amount of funds to manipulate Bitcoin prices.
we still don't know if this is a trap or if it will continue in the next pump. it is clear that now his condition is quite stable. and the situation is like when the price went from $17k and pumped to $20k, and in a short time, it rose to $23k.
some analysts say it won't last long as a correction is imminent. but we may see another pump taking it to the next level.
Powerful because it managed to climb up to $23k plus for a short period of time but not as powerful to break those harder areas that we haven't reached yet since last year. Bitcoin is decentralized and it was the largest crypto so manipulating it will be a pain in the ass therefore I don't think the recent increase is due to manipulations but there are certain positive news that pops up last time so that maybe the reason of this mini bull run that we are seeing now.

It is not also a trap but trap can be associated with whales manipulations but corrections could be felt a long the way so we need to watch out for this if our goal is either to short sell or to buy.

_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:59:35 AM

And what is the reason why they will manipulate the market? I am more on the mini bull run on this market.
Manipulating this market requires a lot of money, even a small movement requires big amount of money.
And I don't think there's advantage of doing so if someone or group of whales decided to make a dent in the market.
It has long been known that manipulation in btc market is quite hard to do. Why not accept the fact that it is high time to experience such bullish period?
I am more on the natural increase of btc after few months of bearish period. People are getting good vibes around this market.
I'm just not sure why you don't know why whales are manipulating the markets with their bitcoin holdings and financial power after you've been here since 2015.

Whales can do whatever they want and create momentary panic by moving million of dollar of bitcoin from their wallets to exchange. What were the consequences? they buy more on the dips and sacrifice few million dollars to buy so FOMO is created before they sell anything else gradually without you even noticing.

I just don't want to say that every bullshit is process of whale manipulation, but they are there for the purpose of profit regardless of how much money they spend trying to get the market going in any direction.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██