Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:49:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coingecko portfolio tracker?  (Read 88 times)
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

Activity: 618
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 11:32:31 AM

Started using the portfolio tracker last week on Coingecko and most of it I like however there is something I don't quite get and it seems to only involve those in my portfolio that I have both bought and sold at times.

I have realized that when logging a 'sell' transaction it doesn't take the amount into consideration.

For example if my spend was £500 for a crypto and I then log a 'sell' transaction of £50 , my overall spend should then reduce to £450 but it stays at £500.

Am I doing something wrong or is just the way it is on Coingecko?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 01:13:13 PM

I haven't used that tracker but are you sure you're looking at the right box? I've seen a lot of statements that say things like "money in", "money out", "overall balance" and this might be filed the same way (just as a thought).
Outhue

Activity: 826
Merit: 442

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2023, 04:24:25 PM

I've never used the coingecko tracker before so I didn't know how it works but reading your complaint it seems you need a tracker that can scan your wallet address to know and calculate how much you spend and how much you have left, I am a bit curious though as I've never seen such tracker before. I am used to Coinmarketcap and whenever I spent part of my assets I have to edit and deduct the amount.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2023, 05:27:52 PM

<…>
First of all, whilst these online portfolio trackers may seem appealing, one needs to take into account that it is sensitive information that you are volunteering to a third-party platform to look after for you, and sometimes, well, they do get hacked into and create a potential mess. See 2021’s Coinmarketcap’s case for example, where it is believed that 3,1 M emails were leaked, though apparently no passwords nor portfolio data were. Of course, it could just go and happen next time with a more sensitive dataset on whatever tracker (another recent case apparently has a similar outcome).

Having said that, at least the website seems to be doing things properly (I’m not really a user of the site though). If I create a test portfolio, add a coin, add a buy TX, and then add a subsequent sell TX, the portfolio balance is showing as total balance that equals the current counter value of the remaining assets (bought-sold amount of coin x converted to USD).
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2023, 05:40:22 PM

Do you mean like this?

So basically you need to make new transactions to change your balance. I recently try to update my unused account to test and its work. My balance deducted since I'm adding new sell transactions. Please check back your spends, or try to use website instead apps maybe make you easier to update your balance. Well, as DdmrDdmr say, better to use different email with your exchange account for security purpose  Wink

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 01:29:29 PM

Started using the portfolio tracker last week on Coingecko and most of it I like however there is something I don't quite get and it seems to only involve those in my portfolio that I have both bought and sold at times.

I have realized that when logging a 'sell' transaction it doesn't take the amount into consideration.

For example if my spend was £500 for a crypto and I then log a 'sell' transaction of £50 , my overall spend should then reduce to £450 but it stays at £500.

I'm using the Coingecko portfolio tracker but I can't get what you mean, you mean auto deduct, all I know is Coingecko tracker is manually edited if you sell  £50 you have to manually deduct the  £50 from your £500, and sometimes you will have to wait an hour at least for the changes to occur, because of the server lag but its not always this way.
If you're holding a lot of coins the Coingecko tracker is a big help because you can track how much you lose and how much you gain and you can use your own currency to see your gains and losses.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
JamesDaniel90 (OP)

Activity: 618
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 03:03:30 PM

I'm using the Coingecko portfolio tracker but I can't get what you mean, you mean auto deduct, all I know is Coingecko tracker is manually edited if you sell  £50 you have to manually deduct the  £50 from your £500, and sometimes you will have to wait an hour at least for the changes to occur, because of the server lag but its not always this way.
If you're holding a lot of coins the Coingecko tracker is a big help because you can track how much you lose and how much you gain and you can use your own currency to see your gains and losses.

Hi ,

I am not sure how to upload a screen shot so I will just explain how my Bitcoin portfolio currently shows on the Coingecko app.

Holdings value - £838.65
Holdings - 0.04509294 BTC
Total cost - £940.08
Average net cost - £15,597.69
Profit/Loss +135.31 (14.39% profit)

It does not make sense to me that the 'holdings value' is less than my 'total cost' when I am in profit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: