Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hackers stole $3.8 billion from crypto investors (mainly through Defi) in 2022  (Read 117 times)
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
February 02, 2023, 01:16:05 PM

It is probably more then this. If we consider the amount of people that have invested in altcoins and the devs have vanished after getting the money. I think we are probably over 10 billion losses. This is not a good look on cryptocurrencies and it is annoying that people are just out to get profit instead of trying to promote cryptocurrencies in a positive way. Some of these hacks were intentional and done by inside jobs instead of a person on the outside gaining access and I do not think they can be called 'hacks'
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
February 02, 2023, 01:29:30 PM

It is probably more then this. If we consider the amount of people that have invested in altcoins and the devs have vanished after getting the money. I think we are probably over 10 billion losses. This is not a good look on cryptocurrencies and it is annoying that people are just out to get profit instead of trying to promote cryptocurrencies in a positive way. Some of these hacks were intentional and done by inside jobs instead of a person on the outside gaining access and I do not think they can be called 'hacks'

Rug pulls, hacks and scams, everyone is losing and it could be in tune of billions upon billions every year.

So this is the start of 2023, and sooner or later we will hear another bad news in the altcoin market including hacks from cyber criminals and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

We may say that this is also part of the ecosystem, and as much as we don't want to hear this kind of news, definitely we might hear it again and again.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
February 06, 2023, 04:39:12 AM

Rug pulls, hacks and scams, everyone is losing and it could be in tune of billions upon billions every year.

So this is the start of 2023, and sooner or later we will hear another bad news in the altcoin market including hacks from cyber criminals and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

We may say that this is also part of the ecosystem, and as much as we don't want to hear this kind of news, definitely we might hear it again and again.
Scammers whether we like it or not are are always going to be part of any ecosystem where money is moving, and with this in mind we need to do what we can to protect ourselves, and this is even more true in this market because on the fiat system banks can protect investors partially from their mistakes, but this is not possible on this market in which we are fully responsible for our money, which is why it surprises me there are still so many people willing to invest in altcoins when many of them are created by scammers.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 06:56:45 PM

We had been hearing several news on how hackers have been stealing from exchanges and investors making them to lose heavy in cryptocurrency. This will continue until the government would intervene with different ways to catch crypto theft and get them apprehended.
Most of these events happen because of lack of cryptocurrency safety by users and exchanges as a result of loopholes. Safety should always be paramount to whatever we are doing whether linking our wallet to sure or transacting cryptocurrency.
Yes, the lack of regulation of the circulation of cryptocurrencies by states has its negative side. Cryptocurrency is now very much attracting the attention of various hackers and scammers. Large sums of money are concentrated here, and relative anonymity and the Internet give them a good opportunity to hide after the thefts. This kind of crime is very poorly disclosed, even if law enforcement agencies would be interested in it. But states and their bodies are not in a hurry to restore order and bring fraudsters to justice. Therefore, relative impunity is an additional incentive for fraudsters.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: