Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum wallet rescue  (Read 175 times)
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 10, 2023, 06:44:39 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2023, 11:56:18 AM by flatfly

Do you have an old Electrum wallet but can't access it anymore because you lost both your password and seed? I may be able to help.

As a cybersecurity professional with strong Electrum expertise (*), I am fortunate to have
the right skillset as well as sufficient computing power to perform critical data recovery jobs.
I've had some success in helping people retrieve coins that were locked in old wallets, which is
why I've decided to start an Electrum-specific wallet rescue topic.

(*) Some of you may remember me as one of the earliest maintainers of Electrum builds for Windows
(mostly in 2012-2013). I've been busy with many other projects after that, but have never lost interest in Bitcoin.

Pricing

For values above 1 BTC, the fee will be 15% of the recovered funds, only in case of a successful recovery. There is ZERO cost otherwise.
By contrast, most recovery services charge 20% and have months-long backlogs.

How to proceed

Before I can start working on a case, I will need some initial information that will help with the search.
If you have a case you would like me to work on, please respond to this topic or DM me so we can have a detailed chat.

Important

Please note, the wallet must be your own. I will not work on a wallet with unknown ownership.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2023, 10:47:53 PM

Adding a link to the electrum2john script, so you extract and share a hash of your lost password without putting your coins at risk. (Just DM me if you need help setting it up and running it)

https://github.com/openwall/john/blob/bleeding-jumbo/run/electrum2john.py
Lavey666

Activity: 8
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 15, 2023, 01:53:25 PM

This software extract a hash from my backup file or from where, i open the file with a text editor and then i see all the keys and hashes, help me to recover this wallet have 1 btc there and i can recover
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 10:56:01 AM

This software extract a hash from my backup file or from where, i open the file with a text editor and then i see all the keys and hashes, help me to recover this wallet have 1 btc there and i can recover

Just to clarify, have you been able to extract the hash? Under Windows, it can be produced by
running electrum2john as follows (python must be installed first):

python.exe electrum2john.py C:\path_to_backup_file

Once you have the hash, feel free to DM or email it to me.
Lavey666

Activity: 8
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 02:05:25 PM

im not extract the hash, this hash is in the file that i can open or its another hash, and other question how i can open this backup file but i cant open a wallet.dat file with an editor, this menas that the wallet.dat is encrypted and the backup its not
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 02:43:46 PM

I can't delete it.🤣 just asked a stupid question, then realized the answer in 20 second.
What is the decent computing power though? What kind of hardware?

🖤😏
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 04:06:17 PM

im not extract the hash, this hash is in the file that i can open or its another hash, and other question how i can open this backup file but i cant open a wallet.dat file with an editor, this menas that the wallet.dat is encrypted and the backup its not

This can be because earlier electrum versions only encrypted the seed and private keys by default, not the transaction history and addresses. 
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2023, 04:11:16 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2024, 03:20:18 PM by flatfly

I can't delete it.🤣 just asked a stupid question, then realized the answer in 20 second.
What is the decent computing power though? What kind of hardware?

A good common setup would be 2 to 4 RTX A5000s - The more the better, obviously.
Just keep in mind that successful recovery is not guaranteed.  
If the password was randomly generated by a decent password manager, chances of recovery are practically zero.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: